Author Topic: School Shooting at CT Elementary School  (Read 54103 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: School Shooting at CT Elementary School
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2013, 08:34:36 AM »
Was supposed to have given them political ammunition, so to speak. Atleast that's what I believe. I don't believe they did it just for teh Evulz.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:21 AM »

Fast & Furious was simple in concept.

There had been several "reports" (assertions) that "more than 90% of the guns" used in the drug cartel violence came from the US.  This was supposed to establish the meme that "the Second Amendment is killing babies in Mexico."

On actual investigation by people trying to verify this "statistic" it was found that guns of US origin accounted for a small fraction of a percent of the actual evil-violence-guns.

The FedGov, not wishing to lose traction on this, decided to "salt the mine" so to speak, by actively channeling guns into Mexico through known straw buyers.  They monitored the purchases, and when FFLs called in to report suspicious buys, FedGov told them "go ahead and make the sale."  Once the sale was made, no further tracking was done of those weapons.

It was to be only a matter of time before "American Gunz!!!" started showing up at murder scenes in quantities that would support the "90% of guns used in violence ..." meme.

What went wrong?  US Border Patrol agent gets killed with one of those guns.

BATFE whistle blowers step forward.  FFLs involved in the F&F buys step forward.

FedGov resorts to covering its butt.  Internal documents and leaks make it clear they were not only willing to have kids die for this to work, they were counting on it -- kids had to die to achieve the objective.

Imagine their surprise and joy when Sandy Hook fell into their laps.

Or is that just a little too convenient?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Imagine their surprise and joy when Sandy Hook fell into their laps.

Or is that just a little too convenient?

At the very least, sandyhook is the hotttest of Obama's wet dreams come true.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
I'm digging in and refusing to even allow the debate to be framed by the gun grabbers.

Right off the bat I refuse to even grant that the proliferation of firearms are related to our violent crime at all.

I transition to who is committing the violent crimes and where are the preponderance of violent crimes taking place?

Violent criminals don't need guns to be violent, the public should have access to guns to protect themselves from these violent criminals.

I frame the second amendment as the human right to self defense.

Generally I stay away from the "I can have my toys because the constitution says so" or the "I need my guns to protect me from our government" line of reasoning.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
I'm digging in and refusing to even allow the debate to be framed by the gun grabbers.

Right off the bat I refuse to even grant that the proliferation of firearms are related to our violent crime at all.

You'd think that particular argument would be a non-starter for them, what with guns up and crimes down, for the past twenty-some years.  :facepalm:  Of course, that would matter, if people paid attention.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife