Author Topic: "Demand a Plan" hypocrites  (Read 1786 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"Demand a Plan" hypocrites
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
You may have seen the TV ads featuring a bunch of Hollywood celebrities demanding the government do "something" about gun violence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=3i0KzA6MUqc

Someone put together a response illustrating the same celebrities getting rich from violent entertainment (some NSFW language):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr37b-FYj8g

Hypocrisy, thy name is Hollywood.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: "Demand a Plan" hypocrites
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
I saw that when it came out and thought the editing was done really well. My only complaint is the NSFW language, because I think it makes the point so well that it should get wide media distribution, but likely won't because of the F word.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »
I saw that when it came out and thought the editing was done really well. My only complaint is the NSFW language, because I think it makes the point so well that it should get wide media distribution, but likely won't because of the F word it doesn't support the agenda.

Fixed for truthiness.

Don't worry about conventional media.  If it's on youtube, and it's good/poignant/topical/relevant/whatever, it'll get several million views.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »
I saw that when it came out and thought the editing was done really well. My only complaint is the NSFW language, because I think it makes the point so well that it should get wide media distribution, but likely won't because of the F word.

While also underlining the hypocrisy of whiny demands for polite civil and political discourse from anyone who disagrees with your "enlightened" point of view.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch