Author Topic: LAPD cop gone rogue?  (Read 38635 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
It's deplorable and reprehensible that LAPD is shooting newspaper delivery ladies that drive cars that look like the suspect's car.

Tempts me to lend empathy to the wanted man... up until I read his manifesto.  He's a whackadoodle of the first order.  Approves of AWB's and goes around on shooting sprees with SBR AR's, silencers, and Barrett .50's.  Thinks Feinstein/Clinton/Obama are awesome.

My net result is apathy to the whole situation.  As long as it stays blue on blue and in LA rather than here.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

drewtam

• friend
That's one way to fight police corruption...
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
The letter from the fugitive:
http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf

Current manhunt...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/07/suspect-identified-in-deaths-cal-state-coach-fiance/

LAPD ain't gun shy. They are definitely looking to kill this guy with extreme prejudice. On two separate incidences they have already shot up two innocent drivers because they are driving a pickup the same color as the fugitive.
http://laist.com/2013/02/07/police_shoot_motorists_mistaken_for_dorner.php
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

If the things in the open letter are true, I feel sympathetic to his desperation.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
scary    what do you think about these guys?
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jump-out-boys-20130207,0,7728636.story?track=lanowpicks

After reading the article I have to assume they are being fired for PC reasons.

Nothing was reported that constituted grounds for dismissal IMHO. I have no problem with espri de corps and self described "alpha dogs" in anti gang units.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 05:29:46 PM »
It's deplorable and reprehensible that LAPD is shooting newspaper delivery ladies that drive cars that look like the suspect's car.

Tempts me to lend empathy to the wanted man... up until I read his manifesto.  He's a whackadoodle of the first order.  Approves of AWB's and goes around on shooting sprees with SBR AR's, silencers, and Barrett .50's.  Thinks Feinstein/Clinton/Obama are awesome.

My net result is apathy to the whole situation.  As long as it stays blue on blue and in LA rather than here.

since it already left blue on blue hows that work for you?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

drewtam

• friend
Re: That's one way to fight police corruption...
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »
whoops, thread on this already started in politics.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: That's one way to fight police corruption...
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:42 PM »
whoops, thread on this already started in politics.

Merged.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »
since it already left blue on blue hows that work for you?

Dude needs to get caught or put down, if it's left blue on blue due to his fault.

Then again, a person could make an argument that blue needs to be put down for gunning down little old newspaper ladies.

Disgusted by all parties.  Hoping for a thorough cleansing one way or another as a net result.  Hopefully legal, in a courtroom.

I'll refrain from saying what I hope happens to the officers that shot the newspaper ladies.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
I'm getting real doggone tired of cops shooting innocents responding to crazies. Particularly tired of them not facing any action over it.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 05:45:19 PM »
I'm getting real doggone tired of cops shooting innocents responding to crazies. Particularly tired of them not facing any action over it.

I think the ex cop on the run might agree with that.

Loonytoons or not, he's got a point.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
I'm glad I don't drive a  blue pickup truck.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 05:55:23 PM »
To nitwit LEOs, the Four Rules are for "civilians."

For the love of Pete, have a clue about your target.

Yup.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »
Effing A, I've seen Marine helicopter door gunners less trigger happy than that.  :mad:

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »
He went from A to Z while skipping all the letters in between.

He complains about unfairly being accused of being a bully to committing murder

I had a hard time reading his rant, skimmed it mostly.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 06:32:38 PM »
My read of the rant is that he considered his career and life to be over. Therefore decided that he had nothing left to lose, and wants a blaze of glory as he goes down.

Who wants to bet that he backs down from the original plan of suicide by cop and surrenders at some point?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »
Then we will start a long circus of a trial, ala Hassan
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »
I keep thinking of Clint Eastwood's The Gauntlet, where the trigger-happy boys in blue will do anything to kill him before the truth sees daylight. 

Collateral damage of two newspaper delivery ladies notwithstanding...   =(

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 06:46:24 PM »
He went from A to Z while skipping all the letters in between.

He complains about unfairly being accused of being a bully to committing murder

I had a hard time reading his rant, skimmed it mostly.

He tells us about A, and they tell us about Z, and there is about a three year window in between.

He's not right, but i'm not sure he's completly wrong either.

I got about four pages in before I gave up, but if he lost it IRL, the way he lost it in the letter, I'm guessing this could be a case of LAPD breaking their own.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »
Oh man LAPD cops have managed to become more of a threat to the general public than that guy could ever be. They need their leash tightened immediately before some ossifer dufus gets lucky and actually kills an innocent. I hope criminal charges are pressed. I mean COME ON...gunning down vehicles because they are similar to what the suspected cop killer may have been driving??? No respect for people's lives. SHAME.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:02:10 PM »
*expletive deleted*er is killing innocents. Id be happy to put a bullet through his head myself.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »
*expletive deleted*er is killing innocents. Id be happy to put a bullet through his head myself.

Yeah, but I don't think you'd be randomly shooting at any old blue truck in order to do it.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
And only cops should have EBRs because the are screened and trained.

Sorry. Had to say it
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.