Author Topic: LAPD cop gone rogue?  (Read 38606 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 12:22:03 AM »
Folks, his reading and writing skills aren't that bad from the manifesto - it's his thoughts that are driving that thing all over the place.

He's obviously been researching info on his targets for a long time.  This is potentially another DC sniper type situation in the works....although not sure how long he can go with his pictures all over the news.

My guess is that LA is a big place. Lots of faces. And considering his narrowly stated targets, I don't think the local populace would have much of an incentive to keep an eye out to turn him in. Hell, before this thing blows over, he just might become a folk hero of sorts in certain neighborhoods, specially if police continue their shoot first, identify later monkey business.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

wacki

• friend
Re: Re: Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:02 AM »
How do you confuse 2 women for 1  black guy?

Were the women black at least?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »

Were the women black at least?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

No, Asian.
I promise not to duck.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 01:09:01 AM »
No, Asian.

Yeah...they didn't even bother to check to see who was in the rig. Seems to me they're trying to execute the guy.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2013, 01:27:52 AM »
Here is a non-redacted version of his manifesto:

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:03 AM »
My read of the rant is that he considered his career and life to be over. Therefore decided that he had nothing left to lose, and wants a blaze of glory as he goes down.

There will be a blaze, but no glory.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2013, 04:42:53 AM »
Kind of gives new meaning to "To serve and protect".  :police:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2013, 05:19:54 AM »
This was the truck with the two Asian ladies in it that the LAPD shot lit the eff up.  :O

Sweet Jesus, there's no way they could have ID'd their target through that glass, and yet they even deployed their gorram shotgun on it! (hulls and casings on ground)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2013, 05:25:33 AM »

Evil and stupidity aren't a race. Everyone can win.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 05:28:51 AM »
FYI, the suspect's truck is a black Nissan Titan. NOT a metallic blue Toyota Tacoma.  :facepalm:

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:52 AM »
Hearing bits about the cops ramming a second (wrong) truck off the road and shooting (around) it. Anyone have any information about that?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2013, 06:48:42 AM »
This was the truck with the two Asian ladies in it that the LAPD shot lit the eff up.  :O

Sweet Jesus, there's no way they could have ID'd their target through that glass, and yet they even deployed their gorram shotgun on it! (hulls and casings on ground)

54? Good thing we know all the projectiles went to safe places(like innocent asians) due to the surgical shot placement we see.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2013, 07:16:10 AM »
Y'all know Ii fairly pro-leo...but something here stinks to high-heaven.  Turning a truck into Swiss cheese because of the truck color...when being driven by two Asian women...sounds like soe kind of Hollywood "shoot first(and often) and ask questions later" kind of thing.  When I first read the story, with his accusations, it reminded me of the movie "The Negotiator" with Samuel L Jackson.  Good cop made to look bad by bad cops.  Especially when I read that LAPD may be editing news stories about the events.  Wonder where the truth lies in all of this.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
Y'all know Ii fairly pro-leo...but something here stinks to high-heaven.  Turning a truck into Swiss cheese because of the truck color...when being driven by two Asian women...sounds like soe kind of Hollywood "shoot first(and often) and ask questions later" kind of thing.  When I first read the story, with his accusations, it reminded me of the movie "The Negotiator" with Samuel L Jackson.  Good cop made to look bad by bad cops.  Especially when I read that LAPD may be editing news stories about the events.  Wonder where the truth lies in all of this.

It wasn't even the right color. Suspects vehicle was black, not metallic blue.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »
FYI, the suspect's truck is a black Nissan Titan. NOT a metallic blue Toyota Tacoma.  :facepalm:

I think, if I lived in the area and drove a truck that was blue, black, silver or green, I would call in sick today.

I just heard the local morning radio shows news segment. All about the bad guy on the run. No mention of innocent asian ladies getting shot up or cops running rampent in the streets with guns a blazin'.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
Found a pic of the second (wrong) vehicle the cops attacked.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
Good thing California is in the process of disarming the citizens peasentry. We sure wouldn't want people peasents being able to defend themselves against the police gestapo.
The people of California ought to be raising serious WTF hue and cry over this CF.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
Here is a non-redacted version of his manifesto:

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf

I skimmed it. The former officer makes changes that historic proven behavior of the LAPD has not changed, and that this is the way of drawing attention to the matter.

Talking to some people who actually know him, including one who went to college and into the military with him they are saying he kept failing at every major thing he tried. Had trouble getting into the military due to not meeting the PT requirements, tried Marines first then went Navy. Tried flight school but washed out due to airsickness and always being behind the airplane, couldnt hack it. Then tried LAPD but failed there not due to the corruption but being a complete screwup. Of course none of this was ever his fault but it was always someone else keeping him down.

I can believe that he is a screwup, and that LAPD is massively corrupt. I mean, skimming the "manifesto", would you be surprised that apparently the majority of the LAPD act inappropriately, or stand by and do nothing to protect the "thin blue line"?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:48:54 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:51 AM »
I skimmed it. The former officer makes changes that historic proven behavior of the LAPD has not changed, and that this is the way of drawing attention to the matter.

Problem is, it sounds like he hasn't just snapped and is making logical rational decisions based on his beliefs. This'll be interesting.

Yeah, as far as manifestos go (and I've read a few in my career), this was one of the most well-written I've read.  Decent grammer.  Fairly logical progression.  Doesn't come across as the scattered thoughts of a mind that has lost contact with reality.  Scary, in many ways...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
Yeah, as far as manifestos go (and I've read a few in my career), this was one of the most well-written I've read.  Decent grammer.  Fairly logical progression.  Doesn't come across as the scattered thoughts of a mind that has lost contact with reality.  Scary, in many ways...

Yes.

This one seems coherent enough to give a long drawn out fight. As Balog said, both crazy and truth. Just enough crazy to go all in, coherent enough to give it a good run.

Oh, yeah, go check the Twitter verse. This guy is already a folk hero. I bet he could find safe houses now if he asked for one.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
Yes.

This one seems coherent enough to give a long drawn out fight. As Balog said, both crazy and truth. Just enough crazy to go all in, coherent enough to give it a good run.

Oh, yeah, go check the Twitter verse. This guy is already a folk hero. I bet he could find safe houses now if he asked for one.

I could see him having already set those up with some of the less than supportive elements in the city that would be glad to see the LAPD bleed. As I recall, this guy has had twice as long to prepare as Mr. Killdozer did.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Apparently they both survived :O.
I'm guessing they've got good grounds for suing the LAPD after this? ???
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
Yeah, as far as manifestos go (and I've read a few in my career), this was one of the most well-written I've read.  Decent grammer.  Fairly logical progression.  Doesn't come across as the scattered thoughts of a mind that has lost contact with reality.  Scary, in many ways...
Yes.

The difference between loons like Dorner and say, Ethan Allen, is that Allen had a better choice in his actions. He won, basically. Drewtam described any successful revolutionary. The losers we generally tend to assess as being unstable, crazy or traitors. The winners we forgive of their flaws, or flat out craziness. Washington's occasional military incompetence, Franklin's love for the ladies of the evening, Ethan Allen being completely bonkers. It applied even to later folks. Andrew Jackson today would be in the nut house, not President of the US.

Dorner is nuts for his target selection and timing. If he was targeting redcoats in Boston in 1770's, it'd be a different story. LAPD in 2013, he'll be remembered solely as a lunatic, and should be.

Apparently they both survived :O.
I'm guessing they've got good grounds for suing the LAPD after this? ???

The incompetency makes me want to weep. While I'm sincerely glad they're both alive and I hope they make a full recovery to sleep on piles of money provided from a lawsuit, it offends my sense of professionalism. They go all Matrix on a car, and fail to kill the folks?

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:18:55 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2013, 09:30:48 AM »
This was the truck with the two Asian ladies in it that the LAPD shot lit the eff up:O

Ok....   I seem to remember the official story of how this "horrible incident" started, and it was that this truck was driving down the street with lights off, and the officers engaged shot the ever living crap out of it when it was approaching one of the houses they were protecting and refused to stop. 

However, based on the fact that it appears that all the rounds impacted the rear of the vehicle (at least I don't see any apparent impacts on the side of the truck we can somewhat see, no dimpling or any other evidence of rounds striking the side of the truck, it would appear that they let the truck get past their position and then started shooting at the back of the truck.  This strikes me as not only bad tactically (you miss, your target accellerates out of the kill zone, and now you've got *real* problems) but as a horrifically piss poor job of target verification, and yes, unless you *know* that the bad guy is driving that truck, I *DO* expect you to step out prior to the vehicle passing your position and attempt to stop it, and actually, you know, *IDENTIFY* who is driving the truck.  Not shoot the ever loving crap out of it once it's passed you.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy