Author Topic: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil  (Read 36199 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »
It's official: The drone war has come home to America. Wanted fugitive Christopher Dorner, the homicidal former cop currently at war with the LAPD, has become the first known human target for airborne drones on U.S. soil. Their use was confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed the government's fear that Dorner will make a dash for the Mexican border.

http://now.msn.com/christopher-dorner-is-first-drone-target-on-us-soil#scptmfs

Not sure anything more needs to be said, I guess we all knew it was inevitable  [tinfoil]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »
No confirmation in the article whether they mean "target" in terms of a Hellfire from 30,000 feet, or tracking/interdiction target.

I propose Claire Wolf's "time" advances another notch if the former.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:15:19 AM »
Probably just surveillance/tracking. Then again, we could expect anything from those drunk on power.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »
The drones arent armed. Really no different in this case than a helo like they've been using (and a lot more cost effective). Same sensors (FLIR).

Oh and theyve been using UAVs for border survellience for a while. ZOMG!!!111!!!!!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »
They are probably going to use this as a show case to bolster the popularity of drone use. The problem with drones is that their cost effectiveness makes the use of ubiquitous surveillance budget-feasible. That's not good.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:39:43 AM »
If you don't believe that drones have been used over US soil for several years and to track US citizens, you're sorely mistaken.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »
If you don't believe that drones have been used over US soil for several years and to track US citizens, you're sorely mistaken.
Yep
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
My worry is that they now feel comfortable making it public knowledge. Typically, that means they have already taken the next step in secret.
Hi.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »
CA cops, unable to distinguish two women delivering newspapers from their fugitive, shot them, their vehicle (a different make and model from the fugitive's), along with nearby homes and parked cars. If cops RIGHT ON THE SCENE can't identify their target any better than that, the idea of an ARMED drone being used domestically bothers me.

A lot.

(I don't believe they've deployed armed drones stateside yet.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »

Yup. Just look at some of the names on the latest UAV COA release by the FAA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »
This time, a SILVER *expletive deleted*ing XTERRA

At least they had the make right this time.

But it's ok. They're scared, and... um... officer safety!

http://www.nodeju.com/36249/police-shoot-at-third-innocent-victim-looking-for-christopher-dorner.html
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
This time, a SILVER *expletive deleted* XTERRA

http://www.nodeju.com/36249/police-shoot-at-third-innocent-victim-looking-for-christopher-dorner.html

LAPD is gonna earn themselves a civil uprising.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »
LAPD is gonna earn themselves a civil uprising.

And you know what? They'll deserve it.

If they kill an innocent black man, they'll REALLY be *expletive deleted*ed.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »
I wouldn't stand for this stuff in PHX, I'll tell you right now.  There'd be some serious phone trees and planning going on.  Libertarians, voluntaryists, tea partiers, 2A supporters, whatever.  This is abhorrent to the notion of civilization.

I guarantee you someone in LA has the same thought.

If there isn't a siege on city hall or a major PD precinct the next time... I'll be shocked.
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »
Does anyone know if the cops involved in each of these incidents were beat cops, or if they were called out of their desk jobs to help with the manhunt? It doesn't justify the result either way, but THREE times!?! I'm trying to figure out if it's beat cops that watched one too many Lethal Weapon movies, or untrained cops that are scared stiff that they may actually have an equally armed opponent and are shooting at anything that moves. It's looking like the latter to me at this point. They're starting to remind me of the recurring hysterical character in bad sci-fi movies that always seals himself in the escape pod and lets everyone else die so he can get away.

On the face of it, even (especially) the first incident is difficult for them to justify, but I would have been willing to give anyone their day in court. But again, THREE times now?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

i can't find another source for that third shooting.  and the stories got some other interesting qwirks.  i'd take it with several grains of salt

drones have been used for years 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:32:15 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
All this fuss and bother over someone who is probably a vengencecicle by now.

Read a bit into Rambro's manifesto.  Looks to me, he has gone all First Blood because folks used the n-word.  Especially two Mexican-descent cops who refused to apologize to him for it.  He makes a big deal about it and says he beat on someone for using it. 

Dude is definitely not hero of the revolution material.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »

Read a bit into Rambro's manifesto.  Looks to me, he has gone all First Blood because folks used the n-word.  Especially two Mexican-descent cops who refused to apologize to him for it.  He makes a big deal about it and says he beat on someone for using it. 

hey!  thats my line! >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »

I suspect very much many people who kicked off actual revolutions - including many who are revered today for starting very decent revolutions - were nasty pieces of work in their own right.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
I suspect very much many people who kicked off actual revolutions - including many who are revered today for starting very decent revolutions - were nasty pieces of work in their own right.

This.

And make no mistake, any would-be revolutionary today would fall squarely into the terrorist classification of bad guys.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »
The normalizing of the use of surveillance drones is why I find this provocative.

Once the use of drones is SOP, normal and prevalent so will the misuse become SOP, normal and prevalent.  

If anything embodies the spirit of "Big Brother" the expansion of drone surveillance on citizens who have not been found guilty of a crime sure does.

I'm afraid that is where we are heading.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 06:29:11 PM »
The normalizing of the use of surveillance drones is why I find this provocative.

Once the use of drones is SOP, normal and prevalent so will the misuse become SOP, normal and prevalent.  

If anything embodies the spirit of "Big Brother" the expansion of drone surveillance on citizens who have not been found guilty of a crime sure does.

I'm afraid that is where we are heading.

http://westernfarmpress.com/government/epa-surveillance-drones-concern-agriculture-industry

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is the second shooting being rehashed with a misleading headline.  (not your fault, it tricked me too until I read the driver's name.)  The first 2 victims were the Asian women and Perdue was number 3.
"It's good, though..."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:43 PM »
Personally, I have no issue with unarmed civilian agency drones.  Hell, they already have helos and fixed wings.  And if you consider the fact that many LEO agencies can deliver a fire team of armed officers with a helo, or even use the  armed officers for firing on suspects.
No matter what surveillance  methods the police use, they still have to climb over the 4th and 5th amendments.  Many have bad their hands slapped for peeping with IR tech into homes and onto properties.

My issue will always be WHOSE drones are being cruised across our skies.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”