Author Topic: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil  (Read 36210 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
more fuel for the conspiracy fire: part of the $1m reward for dorner was privately funded. also the the word "conviction" was a part of the stipulation, so now that he is dead they don't need to pay.

http://news.yahoo.com/legal-loophole-could-hold-1m-dorner-reward-230004148--abc-news-topstories.html

if not the city/state, who would fund a reward and why?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »
6 private folks plus the la dodgers amongst others   there was an earlier story
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
What is bothering me right now is the refusal by the police administration that the fire was a deliberate act.  The radio traffic that has come to light has all been very, very clear that the boots on the ground intended to light that place up like a pyrotechnic Christmas tree.
The guy was actively seeking out and engaging in gunbattles with police.  As you pointed out, he was very intent on not being taken alive.  He wanted to kill cops and then be killed, and he got his wish (although, he never managed to kill anyone from LAPD).  If at any time the police were exchanging gunfire with him and killed him, I wouldn't care one little bit.  He was begging for that bullet, and I wouldn't deny him that.  The fact that the cops greased him doesn't bother me, and it would have taken a monumental effort to bring him in without killing him - one that would not have been exercised for anyone short of some extremely powerful political figure. 

Seriously, given his mindset if they had spent the time, money and lives to doggedly try to bring him in alive I'd probably be critical of their decision to do so.  He wasn't worth that.

The police crossed the line in two places:
1. Shooting at random trucks.
2. Intentionally burning the cabin down.

Well put!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »
If he's so *expletive deleted* dangerous how the hell did they lob gas in there and set the place on fire? That's a hell of a lot closer than a reasonable perimeter.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-dorner-20130216,0,3243239.story
"Herbert said that a tractor was deployed to tear down walls of the cabin to expose Dorner's whereabouts inside,"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-manhunt-fire-at-cabin-justified-some-experts-say.html
"Wanting to end the standoff before nightfall, members of the sheriff's SWAT unit carried out a plan they had devised for a final assault on the cabin, according to law enforcement sources. An officer drove a demolition vehicle up to the building and methodically tore down most of its walls, the sources said."

It's a magic tractor, based on the Halo Warthog.  It simply can't be harmed, even by the evil .50BMG.  It allows officers to just cruise in to a situation, methodically demolish a building, and then do nothing else except deploy incendiaries.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2013, 01:34:39 AM »
Well, seems like 'pyrotechnic' gas devices should be prohibited from being deployed inside structures. They knew damn well that a fire was going to start. How many of them did they throw in anyway?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »
Well, seems like 'pyrotechnic' gas devices should be prohibited from being deployed inside structures. They knew damn well that a fire was going to start. How many of them did they throw in anyway?
Radio traffic said they deployed "seven burners."