Author Topic: Politics?  (Read 1418 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Politics?
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »
I don't usually come here. It's not like I need another board to suck up more time. :D

The question is. I recently sent 2 different emails to two different email addresses supposedly connected to the Independent Party. In both I told them I wanted to run for the local House of Representative seat currently held by a lockstep Dem. No reply to either email. What do you guys think? Am I getting the brushoff? Can I just run as an independent without their endorsement? If so how or where do I look for instructions on how. Or can I / should I establish my own party and run under that? I'm thinking the "Citizens for Common Sense in Government" party ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Politics?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »
Go to the courthouse, see the auditor, get the petition sheet, get it filled out, pay the filing fee and be on the ballot, let the voters decide. Also in the whole election process try not have any dead hookers be found in your van.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »
Are you in California?  That seems to be the only place the AIP is active, elsewhere it is the Constitution Party.

Do you need a party affiliation?  It might be refreshing to have a truly independent candidate -- but when you're elected you'll have to decide which devil you caucus with.   >:D
"It's good, though..."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »
email is not the way to start a political career

you need to eat more chicken dinners
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:08:49 PM »
email is not the way to start a political career

you need to eat more chicken dinners

Cool, I love chicken dinners, this should be a snap!
Avoid cliches like the plague!