Author Topic: DHS to release thousands of illegal immigrants, blaming budget cuts  (Read 8819 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/26/dhs-to-release-thousands-illegal-immigrants-blaming-budget-cuts/

Pinal County, AZ sheriff stated that ICE released more than 500 detainees in Pinal County alone and that ICE plans on releasing a total of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants.  ICE spokesperson stated that "ICE would continue to prosecute the cases while keeping them under supervision."  :rofl:  :rofl: "Over the last week, ICE has reviewed several hundred cases and placed these individuals on methods of supervision less costly than detention."

I think the sheriff is right in stating that this is a "mass budget pardon."

More at the linky.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: DHS to release thousands of illegal immigrants, blaming budget cuts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:06 PM »
You beat me posting this by like 3 minutes. I also agree with the sheriff on the timing of it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »
You beat me posting this by like 3 minutes. I also agree with the sheriff on the timing of it.

:P :-* =D

You have done the same to me on occasions.   :laugh:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
One of these days...one of the victims of these political games is going to go mental, seek revenge, and the real fun and games will begin. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: DHS to release thousands of illegal immigrants, blaming budget cuts
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 07:24:54 AM »
Maybe . They been doing this for quite a while
 I am equally suspicious of the ssheriff  trying to generate a little support compensate for the scandal
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
Meanwhile, German refugees fleeing a Nazi-era law are run to ground and ground to dust:
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/02/doj-seeks-deportation-of-family-persecuted-in-germany-for-homeschooling/

A reader called to my attention the case of Uwe and Hannelore Romeike and their children.

The Romeikes are devout Christians from Germany who wanted to homeschool their children because of what they perceived as the secularist agenda in German public schools.

In the United States, the right to homeschool ones’ own children is accepted, although frequently mocked by the left.  The homeschoool movement is thriving in the United States, but in Germany it is illegal, a holdover from Nazi-era law.

From the judge that granted them a stay against deportation before others in teh administration thought differently:
Another interesting fact is the fact that this law has not always existed in Germany, it was enacted in 1938, when Adolph Hitler and the Nazi Party was in power in Germany, and it was enacted specifically to prevent parents from interfering with state control of their children, and we all know what kind of state control Hitler had in mind. It certainly was not for the good of the children, not even facial.

Meanwhile,  probation-violating, wife-beating, child-abusing POSes from designated victim groups are let loose:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/us/immigrants-released-ahead-of-automatic-budget-cuts.html
Among those released in the past week was Anthony Orlando Williams, 52, a Jamaican immigrant who spent nearly three years in a detention center in Georgia. “I’m good, man,” he said. “I’m free.”

Mr. Williams, in a telephone interview from Stone Mountain, Ga., said he became an illegal immigrant when he overstayed a visa in 1991. He was detained in 2010 by a sheriff’s deputy in Gwinnett County, Ga., when it was discovered that he had violated probation for a conviction in 2005 of simple assault, simple battery and child abuse, charges that sprung from a domestic dispute with his wife at the time.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
Releasing criminals to gain support is the same thing that Sadam Hussein prior to the invasion of Iraq by coalition forces.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
Didn't a judge sentence them to time in prison?  How can ICE just let them go?

Seems as if someone(s) at ICE should be in front of a judge themselves.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 01:03:15 AM »
When does he federal government become irrelevant?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:58 AM »
When does did  the federal government become irrelevant?

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 11:15:28 AM »
Didn't a judge sentence them to time in prison?  How can ICE just let them go?

Seems as if someone(s) at ICE should be in front of a judge themselves.
I saw some headlines saying this was actually illegal, but I didn't dig into it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
I saw some headlines saying this was actually illegal, but I didn't dig into it.

they were being held awaiting deportation hearings.  and the only thing that changed is the numbers they have been releasing folks pending hearings for quite a while
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
they were being held awaiting deportation hearings.  and the only thing that changed is the numbers they have been releasing folks pending hearings for quite a while

Yeah, it seems that we have run out of gov't land in the southwest on which to hold them, as well as fence posts & hog wire to enclose a space.  Also, canvas is no where to be found, nor power or hand tools for digging latrines.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
gonna get em to guard themselves too?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »
What we here is in an increasingly in-your-face Federal government that really believes we exist to obey orders and shut up. 

Deport the Federal Government now.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 03:40:51 PM »
If the government doesn't have the money/facilities to hold 10000 illegals, where is the government going to put all those evil EBR gun owners when the guns are banned?  The released illegals probably had to swear to vote for a dimocrat the next time around.....chris3