Author Topic: Montage of refusals to submit to DHS checkpoints  (Read 7759 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Montage of refusals to submit to DHS checkpoints
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
I've lived on two border states.

Never been harassed

Whatever.

The checkpoints I've seen weren't right on the border, but were fairly close

Live in a border state and hit the border every once in a while.  They have been pushing the BP checkpoints quite a ways in over time and increasing the pressure on Americans.  As is the usual case, when Americans clamor for gov't to shoulder its responsibilities, gov't chooses to do it in a way that maximizes harassment of citizens and minimizes impact on evildoers.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 04:43:25 PM »
Live in a border state and hit the border every once in a while.  They have been pushing the BP checkpoints quite a ways in over time and increasing the pressure on Americans.  As is the usual case, when Americans clamor for gov't to shoulder its responsibilities, gov't chooses to do it in a way that maximizes harassment of citizens and minimizes impact on evildoers.

Last time I crosse regularly was in 2007... Has it gotten worse? It wasn't bad at all then

If it has, then I retract my "I'm cool with it"
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
The one near Falfurias, TX is 71 miles from the border near McAllen, TX.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
I will allow an officer to search my vehicle under 3 conditions:

1) they have a warrant
2) they can articulate probable cause
3) they let me pee in their boot first

Otherwise? Nope. Don't care about your checkpoint, or anything else. And I have PLENTY of time...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 11:53:33 PM »
Is that warrant AND articulable probable cause AND pee in the boot, or warrant OR probable cause...
"It's good, though..."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »
Any one of the three is acceptable.

Problem being, some of the local cops know me, and would keep a spare boot on hand just because...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:34 AM »

anarchist er reality does that huh >:D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »
I'm rather partial to the guy asking the check point dude for his ID.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 11:12:32 AM »
So the feds choose not to secure the border, but harass tens of thousands of US citizens instead  :facepalm:

I can sorta understand it if it was a road heading directly to/from the border.  For one thing, an outsider would see that they were passing a check station when headed south, and could choose to continue or not.  But if this is happening on major east-west highways 50 to 100 miles from the border, then it is absolutely unacceptable.  :mad:

I'm rather partial to the guy asking the check point dude for his ID.

It's kind of ironic when a "mexican" is asking a white if he/she is a US citizen  ;/  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »
In defense of the BP, not everything they do at the border is a complete CF.  And most of the agents are decent sorts, having met a bunch.  Sadly, their management is the most mendacious cabal of poltroons this side of a pirate ship and intentionally place stimbling blocks in their way and try to maximize the harassment of citizens.

To that end, placing BP checkpoints a ways in at road choke points in-country a makes some sense, even if it is unconstitutional.  My main objections are:
1. Too far inland and catch up too many innocent folk.  

2. Foreign infiltrators need to be nabbed at the border or near the border.

3. Unconstitutional.  Being within 100miles of the border is not PC.

This is where a quality Israeli-style fence is vital to slow down and channel foreign infiltrators.  Toss in training on patrols & ambushes by Regular Army, NG, and Reserve infantry & MPS & other similar units along the border (with a BP agent/sheriff's deputy along).  You know, have our defense forces actually defending the country for a change.  A good fence, ground sensors, commo & sensor fusion, and mounted & foot patrols could easily nab 95% of infiltrators.  Oh, and put proposed/demo/LRIP hardware to the test. 

This is not crazy talk, as American companies actually design & implement such for allies with border problems and the money to pay for an effective solution.  We are just not allowed to do it for, you know, America.  InStead, BullshIt requests for proposals are seNt out and lEast likely To succeed candidates are chosen to be implemented.  Then they fail in ways we predicted they would fail.

Boeing: If you absolutely, positively must strangle a ground system in the cradle, award us the contract and we'll make sure nothing useful ever sees the light of day while paying our satellite engineers to play Army Man.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:20:29 PM by roo_ster »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Lee

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
So the feds choose not to secure the border, but harass tens of thousands of US citizens instead
Kinda like the airport.  Little old white ladies from Iowa are far less potential trouble than a guy named Farouk from the Sudan.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 04:04:56 PM »
So the feds choose not to secure the border, but harass tens of thousands of US citizens instead  :facepalm:

I can sorta understand it if it was a road heading directly to/from the border.  For one thing, an outsider would see that they were passing a check station when headed south, and could choose to continue or not.  But if this is happening on major east-west highways 50 to 100 miles from the border, then it is absolutely unacceptable.  :mad:

It's kind of ironic when a "mexican" is asking a white if he/she is a US citizen  ;/  :P

The few i've dealt with have been on major north/south arteries. The one in north san diego county, for example, is at a natural choke point.

That said, i haven't been harassed. And like mentioned above, the BP guys i've met have been, overall, a bunch of good guys doing a rough job with *expletive deleted*it management.

Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
In defense of the BP, not everything they do at the border is a complete CF.  And most of the agents are decent sorts, having met a bunch.  Sadly, their management is the most mendacious cabal of poltroons this side of a pirate ship and intentionally place stimbling blocks in their way and try to maximize the harassment of citizens.

To that end, placing BP checkpoints a ways in at road choke points in-country a makes some sense, even if it is unconstitutional.  My main objections are:
1. Too far inland and catch up too many innocent folk.  

2. Foreign infiltrators need to be nabbed at the border or near the border.

3. Unconstitutional.  Being within 100miles of the border is not PC.

This is where a quality Israeli-style fence is vital to slow down and channel foreign infiltrators.  Toss in training on patrols & ambushes by Regular Army, NG, and Reserve infantry & MPS & other similar units along the border (with a BP agent/sheriff's deputy along).  You know, have our defense forces actually defending the country for a change.  A good fence, ground sensors, commo & sensor fusion, and mounted & foot patrols could easily nab 95% of infiltrators.  Oh, and put proposed/demo/LRIP hardware to the test. 

This is not crazy talk, as American companies actually design & implement such for allies with border problems and the money to pay for an effective solution.  We are just not allowed to do it for, you know, America.  InStead, BullshIt requests for proposals are seNt out and lEast likely To succeed candidates are chosen to be implemented.  Then they fail in ways we predicted they would fail.

Boeing: If you absolutely, positively must strangle a ground system in the cradle, award us the contract and we'll make sure nothing useful ever sees the light of day while paying our satellite engineers to play Army Man.

Interesting you mention SBINet.

One of the reasons MY network was created (outside of OneNet and SBINet) is to leverage the existing raw technology (UGS, RVSS, radar) but put it on a system not hampered by the idiotic shitstorm that is SBINet and OneNet.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »
The few i've dealt with have been on major north/south arteries. The one in north san diego county, for example, is at a natural choke point.

That said, i haven't been harassed. And like mentioned above, the BP guys i've met have been, overall, a bunch of good guys doing a rough job with *expletive deleted* management.

Seems like a waste of effort.  So it's okay if the illegals just stay in SD ???  Also, isn't there a major highway heading east from roughly downtown SD?  (all I know is from Lindbergh Field out to near Miramar, and a little bit over to La Jolla and Torrey Pines)

Still, I dunno that I would have a problem just being asked if I was a US citizen - notwithstanding the unconstitutional limitations that make that status somewhat ineffectual.  I might point out that I had at least one great great great grandfather that served in the Colonial Army  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin