Author Topic: Holder- "Banks/Bankers are too big to Jail"  (Read 1064 times)

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Holder- "Banks/Bankers are too big to Jail"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »
Eric Holder:
"I am concerned that the size of some of these institutions becomes so large that it does become difficult for us to prosecute them when we are hit with indications that if we do prosecute — if we do bring a criminal charge — it will have a negative impact on the national economy, perhaps even the world economy," Holder said. "I think that is a function of the fact that some of these institutions have become too large."

Holder added that the size of banks "has an inhibiting influence, impact on our ability to bring resolutions that I think would be more appropriate."
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
The whole "general welfare" clause of the Constitution was never intended to permit FedGuv to prioritize economic goals above justice and liberty.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »

I do understand his viewpoint. If we jailed every banker that violated the law and shut down every bank that broke the law, we'd be shooting our economy in the foot. OTOH, it's WORSE to have a legal system that doesn't even bother giving a fig about equality under the law. Our system of government loses a lot of credibility when they now even admit to having folks that can break the law with impunity.

Then again, Holder is one of those people. He has not faced trial for Fast and Furious.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.