Author Topic: "A near-apocalyptic arsenal"  (Read 4652 times)

slingshot

• friend
Re: "A near-apocalyptic arsenal"
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 04:12:31 PM »
The apocalyptic arsenal...
Inside the Lanza’s Colonial-style home, investigators found more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition, two rifles, a BB gun, a starter’s pistol, nine knives, a 7-foot spear, a bayonet and three samurai swords.

Paper targets for practice shooting and a rifle scope were also discovered inside the home.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lanza-article-1.1309766#ixzz2QTDYRyYF

So there were only two real guns inside the home.  This news story is so biased that I have a hard time even reading it.

Anyone know what the two rifles were?  One was an AR, what was the other?
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 06:17:23 PM »
To be fair to the mouth-breathing yellow journalist who spewed forth that crap, I think it was saying that the four guns found at the scene, plus the stuff found in the house, was a near-apocalyptic arsenal. So that's, like, 6 whole guns, and at least 1600 rounds (probably doesn't include the ammo used/found at the scene), not to mention the terrifying BB gun, and those high-capacity assault swords.

Personally, with my much lower net worth than Mrs. Lanza's, I've managed to acquire 5 firearms. She was not very serious about that apocalypse stuff.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
the four guns found at the scene, plus the stuff found in the house, was a near-apocalyptic arsenal.

The Paper targets for practice shooting was what pushed it over the top  ;/   :lol:

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin