Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 167008 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »
Told you so:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345866/senator-introduce-legislation-requiring-background-checks-sale-explosive-powder

I want to know:

1. The length of the bill in question, in pages or words
2. The typing speed of the Senator, or the dictation/typing speed of his secretary.

Dollars to donuts this jerk had the bill stashed in a file cabinet, waiting for the next opportunity to just take a little bit more.

No more.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2013, 06:42:57 PM »
I think you might be looking at it the wrong way - consider it for a while. The target: the people. Any people. Men, women, kids. Symbolic? Perhaps not. But the act is a statement in itself - "you believe you're safe - you're not". Any time you're at the mall, or a sporting event, or an amusement park, or have taken your kids to the playground, you're potentially within the range of someone with a backpack full of explosives. How's that for terror?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
I think you might be looking at it the wrong way - consider it for a while. The target: the people. Any people. Men, women, kids. Symbolic? Perhaps not. But the act is a statement in itself - "you believe you're safe - you're not". Any time you're at the mall, or a sporting event, or an amusement park, or have taken your kids to the playground, you're potentially within the range of someone with a backpack full of explosives. How's that for terror?

Color me uninspired. ;/

It happened in a Blue City.

It always happens in a Blue City.

I don't live in a Blue City, and I don't have intentions of visiting any Blue Cities any time soon.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #228 on: April 18, 2013, 06:51:14 PM »
Was Atlanta a blue city?

How about Oklahoma City?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #229 on: April 18, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

That part I get, but the terrorist would want us to know who we should fear. Who do we appease, to make the bombings stop? The marathon wasn't on anyone's hate list, so the terrorist should be letting us know who he represents. But he hasn't.

So I guess until someone claims responsibility, I'll be avoiding anything health or fitness-related, and make sure I buy enough donuts and Big Gulps to appease the anti-marathon faction.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »

That part I get, but the terrorist would want us to know who we should fear. Who do we appease, to make the bombings stop? The marathon wasn't on anyone's hate list, so the terrorist should be letting us know who he represents. But he hasn't.

So I guess until someone claims responsibility, I'll be avoiding anything health or fitness-related, and make sure I buy enough donuts and Big Gulps to appease the anti-marathon faction.
If they intend to stop the bombings. They could be bombing for the cause of causing terror.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #231 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
This race draws people from all around the world. Who is in the hospital? Could this have been an international hit with the second bomb thrown in to distract? Give them time to get away?

I'm starting to think it was a small cell from some terrorist group that doesn't want a predator drone blowing them up if they take credit for it so they are just enjoying the panic going on.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
Told you so:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/345866/senator-introduce-legislation-requiring-background-checks-sale-explosive-powder

Well, sorry to start the panic buying, but I'm not getting caught flat-footed. Just ordered a 12lb combo of 2F and 3F from Grafs. Two week order processing wait.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »
If frat boy in the photos is the perp....I wonder if it's just a random act of insanity....
Everyone seems to want it to be the result of an ideology.  But what if these are just another set of wack-a-doodles?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:39 PM »
Trying to understand insainity, is by definition, insane.

I rolled my eyes about about the Kraft guys. Hmmm... Bunch of reasonably fit guys at a sporting event that allows for amatures to participate. I love that no one mentioned the possibilty that they where standing around, in their special clothes, to celebrate a friend finishing the Bosten Marathon?

Bomb makers don't always make it away from their scene completly intact. Could the reason behind no one taking credit for this act be that the person/s in question are still receiving medical treatment? Or, if insane nutjob lone wackadoodle, freaked out by becoming injured and keeping quiet because they've furthered their wackadoodle state?

I'm just pointing out that there are some reasonable explainations for a lack of someone taking credit then the doom and gloom of "they want to do it again !!1!"
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »
I'm just pointing out that there are some reasonable explainations for a lack of someone taking credit then the doom and gloom of "they want to do it again !!1!"

I don't think it's doom and gloom. Just collatin' data, as they say. There could be another terrorist attack anywhere, at any time. Not doom and gloom, just life on planet Earf.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »

I don't think it's doom and gloom. Just collatin' data, as they say. There could be another terrorist attack anywhere, at any time. Not doom and gloom, just life on planet Earf.

Then be sure to be collaten' all of it. Everybodys hearing hoofbeats... But I'm betting all the zebras are still in Africa.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »
But I'm betting all the zebras are still in Africa.

That's where I'm keeping all of mine.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »
Napolitano says the "individuals" are not "suspects" but are to be considered "extremely armed and dangerous."

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/18/authorities-have-clear-video-images-two-suspects-boston-marathon-bombings-official-says/eDuBdL4QhkcMVwhlrVBrcJ/story.html

Sounds like deliberate language to evade the legal system and rendition these non-suspects somewhere and coach them in the "right" answers when/if they ever get a trial.
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #239 on: April 18, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »
Napolitano says the "individuals" are not "suspects" but are to be considered "extremely armed and dangerous."

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/18/authorities-have-clear-video-images-two-suspects-boston-marathon-bombings-official-says/eDuBdL4QhkcMVwhlrVBrcJ/story.html

Sounds like deliberate language to evade the legal system and rendition these non-suspects somewhere and coach them in the "right" answers when/if they ever get a trial.

You dropped this

[tinfoil]

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2013, 09:48:36 PM »
You don't find it deliciously ironic that Napolitano and Obama are using the exact same tactics to evade due process that they condemned Bush for?
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
You don't find it deliciously ironic that Napolitano and Obama are using the exact same tactics to evade due process that they condemned Bush for?

Actually I find it shameful....
JD

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
Was Atlanta a blue city?

How about Oklahoma City?

At that time, yes. They went red after Clinton....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2013, 10:36:58 PM »
Seeing speculation off another site that this guy http://www.metro.us/boston/news/local/2013/03/24/search-for-sunil-tripathi-includes-boston/ resembles suspect number two.  Picture comparison included a side by side that IMHO was pretty convincing.....

I can't seem to get the pic captured from my kindle.

Okay okay I grabbed the laptop. 

All I can say is  :O
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:41:55 PM by jamisjockey »
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
Seeing speculation off another site that this guy http://www.metro.us/boston/news/local/2013/03/24/search-for-sunil-tripathi-includes-boston/ resembles suspect number two.  Picture comparison included a side by side that IMHO was pretty convincing.....

I can't seem to get the pic captured from my kindle.

Okay okay I grabbed the laptop. 

All I can say is  :O

Sunil Tripathi has been missing since March 16th.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sunil-tripathi-surveillance-footage-shows-missing-ivy-league/story?id=18845517

Brown University philosophy major.
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
Gone for a month.  No signs that he was abducted or otherwise taken against his will.  *expletive deleted*ck me running.   [tinfoil]

JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »
Yeah I dunno.  The more I look at the pic, Sunil has more of a hook at the tip of his nose.  The suspect has a more rounded ear, too.  Close, but I'm thinking no.  Damn interesting the *expletive deleted*it that the crowdsourcing is turning up, though.
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2013, 11:34:46 PM »
Yeah I dunno.  The more I look at the pic, Sunil has more of a hook at the tip of his nose.  The suspect has a more rounded ear, too.  Close, but I'm thinking no.  Damn interesting the *expletive deleted* that the crowdsourcing is turning up, though.

Camera angles are interesting.  Large nostrils from a slightly lower angle can make a nose hook, while from a level or above camera angle be straight.  Same with ears.

Another pic.  Note the T-shirt.

--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »
Camera angles are interesting.  Large nostrils from a slightly lower angle can make a nose hook, while from a level or above camera angle be straight.  Same with ears.

Another pic.  Note the T-shirt.

Yeah, in one of the camera angles, their ears match up pretty well.  Definitely suspicious.  However, I was reading a reddit thread where people are apparently accusing the kid outright on the "find Sunil" facebook page.   :facepalm:
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/18/shooting-reported-on-mit-campus/

MIT campus cop got shot tonight.

Our "non-suspect" who is extremely armed and dangerous?  Hiding with a sympathetic friend at a neighboring school, or using the MIT computer lab or library for anonymous computer use?
--Lysander Spooner