Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 167535 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: BREAKING: Shooting at MIT going down now.
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:37 AM »
. Also don't know if I heard correctly but it sounds like black hat, the older brother, was ran over by white hat during the shoot out. ???

That's a rumor at this point, not confirmed.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-mit-shooting-explosion-suspect-watertown-064355149.html

They are being identified as Chechan. 
Which I will be dollars to donuts means they are Islamists.

Sunil is Indian-American.  I highly doubt he's involved at this point.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #277 on: April 19, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Who is this Sunil guy?

Sunil bears a strong resemblance to suspect number 2.  Some interesting circumstances, kid went missing in March and hasn't been seen since.

We know now that they are chechan brothers, though, and sunil is an Indian-American.  I highly doubt he's part of this cluster *expletive deleted*ck.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #278 on: April 19, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
The dead suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was shot multiple times in a gunfight with police Thursday night and pronounced dead at a hospital.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/19/gunshots-reported-on-mit-campus/#ixzz2Qv2ICnrc
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #279 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
Can we please get the tacit defense of terrorism nuked from this thread on another act of random violence before Bloomberg et al grab screencaps and play it up as representing gun owners? Really not putting us in a good light here.

AZ, seriously dude. Are you autistic, or in some other way impaired from understanding human interaction? I don't ask that in a sarcastic way, I'm honestly hoping there's a legitimate explanation for trolling a thread about innocent people getting killed by supporting the killing of more innocent people. An act of terrorism that resulted in one of the worst abrogations of gun rights in American history btw.

I shitcanned the sections of the thread in question.

That was approaching a level of *expletive deleted*ed up we don't see very often around here, and we have fistful. 
JD

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/boston-mit-shooting-explosion-suspect-watertown-064355149.html

They are being identified as Chechan. 
Which I will be dollars to donuts means they are Islamists.

Sunil is Indian-American.  I highly doubt he's involved at this point.

The Chechens, besides the jihad in their own country, have also fought alongside AQ in Afghanistan.

No surprise that it's cropping up here too

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
The Chechens, besides the jihad in their own country, have also fought alongside AQ in Afghanistan.

No surprise that it's cropping up here too

*expletive deleted*ing bloody hell.  Next, it will just be utterly random.  Schools, coffee shops, malls. 

Oh, and I merged the threads, now that we know the MIT shootout are the suspects from the bombing.
JD

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
*expletive deleted* bloody hell.  Next, it will just be utterly random.  Schools, coffee shops, malls. 

Oh, and I merged the threads, now that we know the MIT shootout are the suspects from the bombing.

Beslan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »

That was approaching a level of *expletive deleted*ed up we don't see very often around here, and we have fistful. 

Challenge accepted.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• friend
JD

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #285 on: April 19, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the NPR talking heads for being spot-on in their assessment of this as "homegrown" and an NRA inspired plot to disrupt the AWB/background check/mag limit ban vote.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the NPR talking heads for being spot-on in their assessment of this as "homegrown" and an NRA inspired plot to disrupt the AWB/background check/mag limit ban vote.

:rofl:

:facepalm:
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »
Posted a couple days ago on 4chan:

Could be Sunil just trying for a little bit more chaos.

Or not. [tinfoil]
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:37 AM »
Posted a couple days ago on 4chan:

Or not. [tinfoil]

Are you drunk? 
Some random ill-worded 4chan post isn't even anything resembling evidence of anything.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323809304578432501435232278.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

All the signs are swinging towards Islamist extremists.  Of course, this will madden the administration and the media, as it doesn't fit the narrative. 

If this was a rigged event, do you think that they would pick some radicalized Chechnyan kids?
JD

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »

Or not. [tinfoil]

At this point we know neither of the bombers was Sunil.

If that poor kid is still alive, don't add more crap to his name for him to have to clean up.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Dude, anon posting is accurate.

Raid was Thurs night/Friday morning.  Lautenberg legislation presented on Wednesday to ban OTC sales of powder.  Suspect is a late teens / early 20's male.  Though the last one is pretty much a gimme.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #291 on: April 19, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »
On the Vkontakte profile—the authenticity of which couldn't be independently verified—Mr. Tsarnayev is listed as a Muslim, his birthday as July 22 and his "most important element of life" as "career and money."

A number of the elements featured on the Vkontakte profile page relate to Islam. Under "interesting pages," the profile has selected "Salamworld: My Religion—Islam" as well as another Islam-related page. One video on the profile appears to be a propaganda clip rallying jihadists to go to Syria to fight alongside rebels there. Another is an interview that Kuwaiti Sheikh Fahad Al Kandari conducted with a blind boy who grew up memorizing the Quran. Separately, the profile shows a video of a man parodying various different accents from the Caucasus region. According to the profile, Mr. Tsarnayev belongs to three groups on the site—two related to Chechnya and another related to music and movies.

Raid was Thurs night/Friday morning.  Lautenberg legislation presented on Wednesday to ban OTC sales of powder.  Suspect is a late teens / early 20's male.  Though the last one is pretty much a gimme.

;/

You don't think that *expletive deleted* was on a shelf somewhere waiting to be dusted off?  They have a large amount of bills just waiting for the right opportunity.  Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Or did they hire these guys to do the bombing?  Huh? Yeah, that's it!

JD

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #292 on: April 19, 2013, 11:28:40 AM »

Raid was Thurs night/Friday morning.  Lautenberg legislation presented on Wednesday to ban OTC sales of powder.  Suspect is a late teens / early 20's male.  Though the last one is pretty much a gimme.

Except that there wasn't a raid (one cop confronted them, and died), there are two suspects whose (first blush) motivation has nothing to do with the NRA and that legislation was pretty obviously pre written from a legislator that has a history of pre-written anti-gun bills ready to go for tragedies.

So he got the male and Age right.  Which as you said, is a gimmie.  So the post is pretty much all wrong.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2013, 11:33:10 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/control-room/

Yahoo news people are beating up on ABC for ignoring the "religious" aspect of the bombers.
JD

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:21 AM »

Raid was Thurs night/Friday morning.  Lautenberg legislation presented on Wednesday to ban OTC sales of powder.  Suspect is a late teens / early 20's male.  Though the last one is pretty much a gimme.

THE ONLY part about that post (that was accurate) was he got lucky on the "raid". Except, it wasn't a raid, they got spooked and killed a police officer.

The "young male, late teens to early twenties" is the description of the perpetrator the vast majority of every act of terrorism in the world, ever. Heck, make that CRIME, not just terrorism.

The "laws to restrict XXX" are the result of every single famous crime.

The "NRA materials" and "unstable" (which, I assume, he means mentally unstable) are completely wrong, and all indications are that this is Islamic terrorism.

Further, he is indicating (though never outright saying) that it would be a single "patsy" not a group. (We have at least two, possibly more, indicated by the police currently.)

So, he got three elements of his conspiracy theory "right" if you stretch and call the suspects stealing a car and shooting the police a "raid". Everything else is wrong.

His "post" has as much going for him as the 9/11 troofers: FIRE CAN'T MELT STEEL!!11!1!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
THE ONLY part about that post (that was accurate) was he got lucky on the "raid". Except, it wasn't a raid, they got spooked and killed a police officer.

The "young male, late teens to early twenties" is the description of the perpetrator almost every single act of terrorism in the world, ever. Heck, make that CRIME, not just terrorism.

The "laws to restrict XXX" are the result of every single famous crime.

The "NRA materials" and "unstable" (which, I assume, he means mentally unstable) are completely wrong, and all indications are that this is Islamic terrorism.

Further, he is indicating (though never outright saying) that it would be a single "patsy" not a group. (We have at least two, possibly more, indicated by the police currently.)

So, he got three elements of his conspiracy theory "right" if you stretch and call the suspects stealing a car and shooting the police a "raid". Everything else is wrong.

His "post" has as much going for him as the 9/11 troofers: FIRE CAN'T MELT STEEL!!11!1!

You left out that AZ dragged Sunil's name back into it.  You know, the Indian-American liberal philosophy major.  Obviously still connected, even though the only connection to his resemblance to suspect #2, who we now have about as positive of an ID on as possible.  So Sunil must still be connected somehow.
JD

birdman

• friend
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »
Also, the next person that affiliates these jackasses with my school gets blocked, and is likely also the cause of me blowing off this forum like I've done to others in the past.

The low-information conspiracy theory bull crap being spewed makes anyone affiliated with this board look bad, and I think its stupid.

Clean it up, choose your words, and stop with the BS.

If you value my presence here, at all, don't impugn an institution for mere GEOGRAPHIC PROXIMITY to an event.  Hell, the 7-11 robbery was just as close to Harvard, and approximately the same distance to parts of BU.

Can we put the  [tinfoil] away and act like adults?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »
Went perusing though the reddit link about the radio traffic last night. Anybody know what the talk about the hospital was about?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52:49 AM »
Went perusing though the reddit link about the radio traffic last night. Anybody know what the talk about the hospital was about?

Not sure; some people mentioned there being shots fired at the hospital, but I think it was a rumor or false report that turned out to be nothing.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »
it was a rumor or false report that turned out to be nothing

That's never happened before  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin