Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 166998 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »

Making Dad run outside holding his daughter.  Both in bare feet.  "Does that look voluntary to you?"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBKCnJPFO5I
These folks woke up to police searching their garage.

"Does that look voluntary to you?"

Memo to self, if the FBI is looking for me, hide in the big green trash can!

bob

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »

Wall Street Journal.

Aren't they related to Alex Jones  ???

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2013, 10:55:20 PM »

Actually, just the House, IIRC. 

Hey, look!  Shiny! Terrorists!"

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2013, 10:56:59 PM »
i am actually incredulous
and apparently you are not alone
i take it you don't see how location and date matter?

i believe it was watertown and what it purports.

the date would still help

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Be careful where you point a camera...

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »
Be careful where you point a camera...

"Muzzle discipline" of a different sort.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #457 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »

your words for the day

"plain sight"

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #458 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »
And I asked you if you were being coy.

The best information I have, as does anybody else viewing these photos and videos, is April 19th, 2013 in Watertown, MA.

The info was supplied by those who posted the media.  Anything more than that, and I'll have to dig out the old crystal ball.

That date and location, coincidentally, is where they used military and police units to mount a massive search for the surviving Boston Marathon bomber.

You wanna keep playing 20 Questions, or let us all know why this isn't what it seems to be?   [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #459 on: April 21, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
Just to play Devil's Advocate cop's advocate csdaddy's advocate for a minute, is it possible that most of the manhunt/search/home invasion was performed in a polite and voluntary fashion, but police got a little more drastic at some addresses? Maybe there was something suspicious there, or someone phoned in a tip?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #460 on: April 21, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
Fistful, that's certainly a possibility, and I wouldn't discount that explanation.

The video shows one thing.  I'd like to learn what really transpired and forced the rough treatment of those citizens. (Citizens, not civilians, because cops are also civilians...)

Unfortunately, were it to happen on my home turf, I'm one of those who would refuse, based on an obsolete understanding of the 4th Amendment and search warrants with respect to the contents of my home.

I'd lose, because as it turns out, "exigency" trumps the 4th and the requirements for a warrant.  ("What did we learn on the show tonight, Craig?")

It doesn't negate the fact that they'd find a couple pressure cookers in the kitchen cabinets, many pounds of black and smokeless powder in the reloading room, and several gun safes full of icky semiautomatic military lookalike guns.  

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #461 on: April 21, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »
Demonstrates exactly why a person needs a security screen door on the outside of the front door.

Knock knock. 

Open main door.  "Yes?"

"Police, turr'ism, open."

"No.  4A.  Warrant.  Denial does not equal grounds for warrant."  Close main door.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #462 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »
Demonstrates exactly why a person needs a security screen door on the outside of the front door.

Knock knock. 

Open main door.  "Yes?"

"Police, turr'ism, open."

"No.  4A.  Warrant.  Denial does not equal grounds for warrant."  Close main door.

film it for you tube please.
that arguing points of law with the cop really excites the base  will get you lots of hits from them

it makes cops judges and lawyers laugh and or face palm though  though as they pass the link around for chuckles it will get you more hits

• friends
« Reply #463 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
on that note  wheres the video of the cameraman standing tall for his rights?  surely he didn't submit?  not a true revolutionary! 
shame it takes more than you tube for a revolution

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
film it for you tube please.

And, for the love of god, verbally state where you are and what the date is!   =D

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2013, 12:20:58 AM »
i am actually incredulous
and apparently you are not alone
i take it you don't see how location and date matter?

i believe it was watertown and what it purports.

the date would still help

When you hear hoofbeats, do you think zebras?
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
If the video is an accurate portrayal of events (even if only for that event) with no extenuating circumstances, it scares me. The chances of that happening to me or anyone here may be slim, but what if it did happen? Seeing it makes me think about what might happen if that scene played out at my front door two minutes from now. I look around my house and I see a pistol on the desk next to me. There's a shotgun leaning next to the bed in the bedroom and a pistol on the nightstand. There's all kinds of gun paraphernalia scattered about. There's two 1lb cans of black powder sitting out on a shelf.

What would the cops do? If it was rural cops, maybe nothing. Cops in Boston or where I live -- communities with anti-gun leanings? I'm wondering if, even if I wasn't arrested, if they would leave my house after searching, with my guns (at least those out in the open) in their possession? What alarm might the BP set off it was a search for someone like the Boston bomber? Paranoid maybe, but I don't like thinking, "I shouldn't keep some of this crap lying around, because you never know..."

It's my home. I should be able to keep all the legal crap I want out and in the open without fear of it getting me in trouble because it may be "politically incorrect" for a particular circumstance. Let's not even get into being driven from my home with hands raised when I've committed no crime. I wonder if the homes of the Watertown Mayor and city council members were also searched, and if so, how?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
Let's not even get into being driven from my home with hands raised when I've committed no crime. I wonder if the homes of the Watertown Mayor and city council members were also searched, and if so, how?

Eff this.

I would NOT keep my hands above my head for that situation.  That whole video I was mentally shouting at the people coming out of the green house, "take your damned hands down and act like men who know very well what they are about!"

If the cops are THAT twitchy they're gonna shoot someone who obviously isn't the particular subject they're looking for... I lack the words to describe my revulsion.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2013, 11:10:48 AM »

Eff this.

I would NOT keep my hands above my head for that situation.  That whole video I was mentally shouting at the people coming out of the green house, "take your damned hands down and act like men who know very well what they are about!"

If the cops are THAT twitchy they're gonna shoot someone who obviously isn't the particular subject they're looking for... I lack the words to describe my revulsion.

who exactly are they looking for?  in your informed opinion

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2013, 11:14:44 AM »

Eff this.

I'd say we'll split up your stuff afterwards, but it would all be taken as evidence.  Pick your battle, dude.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »

Eff this.

I would NOT keep my hands above my head for that situation.  That whole video I was mentally shouting at the people coming out of the green house, "take your damned hands down and act like men who know very well what they are about!"

The "hands up" part of that video is also what bothered me the most. I'm not going to judge the people that complied, because I'm certain they were scared and disoriented - because that's how cops set operations like raids up - specifically to keep criminal suspects off balance and compliant (I'm not claiming this was a raid, just that they used similar tactics to keep people compliant). Only in this case (from what we know) the people in the house were not criminal suspects. The woman who walked out of the house and put her hands down was to me, clearly doing so because it looked like she figured, "I'm out of the house in public now, they probably don't need my hands up." Then the one cop uses command voice on her, which is what really irritated me. These are US citizens helping you out with your search. If for whatever reason you want her to keep her hands up, talk to her like she's a US citizen and not a criminal suspect, and say "please".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »
The "hands up" part of that video is also what bothered me the most. I'm not going to judge the people that complied, because I'm certain they were scared and disoriented - because that's how cops set operations like raids up - specifically to keep criminal suspects off balance and compliant (I'm not claiming this was a raid, just that they used similar tactics to keep people compliant). Only in this case (from what we know) the people in the house were not criminal suspects. The woman who walked out of the house and put her hands down was to me, clearly doing so because it looked like she figured, "I'm out of the house in public now, they probably don't need my hands up." Then the one cop uses command voice on her, which is what really irritated me. These are US citizens helping you out with your search. If for whatever reason you want her to keep her hands up, talk to her like she's a US citizen and not a criminal suspect, and say "please".

What fun is it to get all dressed up in a soldier outfit if you don't get to yell at people and boss them around?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:08 AM »
there is also a distict possiblity that the door to door searches could randomly uncover non involved criminals that may not comply or respond with force.