Author Topic: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  (Read 166989 times)

Pharmacology

• friends
Re: Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #500 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »
Which "what if's" ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
The ones posted in the thread you're currently reading. I'm not playing your game. You can read them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:16:44 PM by Pharmacology »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Two explosions close to the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
« Reply #501 on: April 24, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »
Ran across a few stories where a house belonging to what were thought to be friends of the bad guys was raided.  Two men and one woman taken into custody and later released.  I wonder if this was that house?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #502 on: April 24, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »
Two U.S. officials say the surviving suspect in the Boston bombings was unarmed when police captured him hiding inside a boat in a neighborhood back yard.

Authorities originally said they had exchanged gunfire with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAHR’ tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) for more than one hour Friday evening before they were able to subdue him.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #503 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:52 PM »
Two U.S. officials say the surviving suspect in the Boston bombings was unarmed when police captured him hiding inside a boat in a neighborhood back yard.

Authorities originally said they had exchanged gunfire with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAHR’ tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) for more than one hour Friday evening before they were able to subdue him.

I was watching the news that night. CNN I think. They reported a barrage of fire from the area. I'm sure this story will drag out the  [tinfoil]. I doubt we will ever hear the whole story about this one either.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »

He was catching the bullets with his bare hands and throwing them back at the cops.  :police:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2013, 08:17:13 AM »
I can pretty easily see how the cops sending less-than-lethal rounds at the boat for an hour would be reported by the news media as a shootout.

I also can not see any scenario where a person is hiding in a fiberglass boat, surrounded by cops, and starts shooting at them, but comes out alive.

I'll believe that he was unarmed, that he never shot at police from the boat, and that the news got it wrong if they say that he did, all because of the simple fact that he's not hamburger.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:17 AM »
I can pretty easily see how the cops sending less-than-lethal rounds at the boat for an hour would be reported by the news media as a shootout.

I also can not see any scenario where a person is hiding in a fiberglass boat, surrounded by cops, and starts shooting at them, but comes out alive.

I'll believe that he was unarmed, that he never shot at police from the boat, and that the news got it wrong if they say that he did, all because of the simple fact that he's not hamburger.

I think that old boat might have been plywood, but I'm not sure.  =|

LAPD managed to shoot something 100 rounds into and at a pickup and miraculously only wounded the two women in the cab.

Looking at the wide spread of bullet holes, it's entirely reasonable that the fugitive could have received a number of non-fatal wounds.  If he had been on the starboard side of the engine box, then he would have been mostly protected.

I am not at all impressed or comforted by the fact that Boston police and whoever else was helping them, shot 20 to 30 rounds into a boat in a residential area when nobody was shooting at them.  =(

Nor running around the neighborhood all day with automatic weapons with that kind of shooting discipline  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »
I think that old boat might have been plywood, but I'm not sure.  =|

LAPD managed to shoot something 100 rounds into and at a pickup and miraculously only wounded the two women in the cab.

Looking at the wide spread of bullet holes, it's entirely reasonable that the fugitive could have received a number of non-fatal wounds.  If he had been on the starboard side of the engine box, then he would have been mostly protected.

I am not at all impressed or comforted by the fact that Boston police and whoever else was helping them, shot 20 to 30 rounds into a boat in a residential area when nobody was shooting at them.  =(

Nor running around the neighborhood all day with automatic weapons with that kind of shooting discipline  :O

Ditto.  All that hardware, limited sov. imm., higher than your average bear wages, and still this happens.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
The Boston Police Commisioner stated:

“Over the course of the next hour or so we exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was inside the boat, and ultimately the hostage rescue team of the F.B.I. made an entry into the boat and removed the suspect, who was still alive,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/boston-marathon-bombings.html?pagewanted=all&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB&_r=1&

Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2013, 11:33:31 AM »
Exchange implies reciprocity, no? Was Dzokhar throwing fish hooks or the anchor? ???
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2013, 11:45:36 AM »
;)

I will give the commissioner the benefit of the doubt. He wasn't there, so it is likely someone reported to him that there was a shootout. Someone (likely many such someones) on the scene did the lying, though. 
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »
Or like the sla shooting. Cops on north side of house reported taking fire that turned out to be shots from cops on south side going through house

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
Or like the sla shooting. Cops on north side of house reported taking fire that turned out to be shots from cops on south side going through house

True, it was my guess there was a lot of "sympathetic fire" going on. SOMEONE had to start it all off, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »

ICS failure  :facepalm:

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
sla shootout?9,000 rounds
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2013, 06:18:24 AM »
Remember Sunil Tripathi?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/sunil-tripathi-body-found-providence-river_n_3146389.html

"Sunil Tripathi's Body Found? Body Pulled Out Of Providence River May Be That Of Missing Brown Student"

That's a bit racist, isn't it?   =D

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »
"Sunil Tripathi's Body Found? Body Pulled Out Of Providence River May Be That Of Missing Brown Student"

That's a bit racist, isn't it?   =D

It takes a lot of green to be Brown.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2013, 10:54:25 AM »
So did the bomber brothers kill him too ?    :lol:

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
Anyone pick up on:

1. Dzokhar (however you spell it) supposedly shot himself through the mouth when he was caught in the boat.
2. Dzokhar was captured unarmed.

How do those two work?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/04/the-bombing-suspect-didnt-shoot-himself-he-didnt-wasnt-even-armed-when-hiding-in-the-boat.html
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
Anyone pick up on:

1. Dzokhar (however you spell it) supposedly shot himself through the mouth when he was caught in the boat.
2. Dzokhar was captured unarmed.

How do those two work?

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/04/the-bombing-suspect-didnt-shoot-himself-he-didnt-wasnt-even-armed-when-hiding-in-the-boat.html

I noticed. Chalk it up to reporters trying to be first with information and cops who like to speculate.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »
I noticed. Chalk it up to reporters trying to be first with information and cops who like to speculate.

Well, not to mention that the cops gratuitously riddled a boat with bullets  ;/

I'm sure they would like everyone to think that he shot himself.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
Well, not to mention that the cops gratuitously riddled a boat with bullets  ;/

I'm sure they would like everyone to think that he shot himself.

....Or that it was a boating accident.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.