Author Topic: Miranda Rights Won't Be Read For Boston Bombing Suspect: Justice Official  (Read 18355 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Could be bad reporting. Doesn't say where they found the materials. Could be they searched the subjects house/houses after the shootout
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Could be bad reporting. Doesn't say where they found the materials. Could be they searched the subjects house/houses after the shootout

That's a direct quote from the police chief.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
That's a direct quote from the police chief.

Did the police chief say cache, or did the article?

Investigators believe that two brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon bombing were likely planning other attacks based on the cache of weapons uncovered, the city's police commissioner told CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday.

So, the article said "cache"

So, bad reporting
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Maybe he said "arsenal" instead ...

Isn't that a building  ???

They were carrying a building around on foot.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Uh.. the police chief quote doesn't say arsenal either, unless I'm missing it.

What, precisely, are you peeved about?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
In any event, it is now being reported that the bad guy is not going to be charged as an enemy combatant.  He is instead going to get his day in federal court.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
In any event, it is now being reported that the bad guy is not going to be charged as an enemy combatant.  He is instead going to get his day in federal court.

The only ones making noise about charging him as an enemy combatant were people like that idiot Graham and his buddies...which was immediately assumed to mean that's what was going to happen as a fact by everybody.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
That idiot Graham and his buddies are US senators if you hadn't noticed  =(