Author Topic: Congress Not Allowing Military to Save Money  (Read 890 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Congress Not Allowing Military to Save Money
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
We've talked about this subject recently, but this article was interesting because it's not just talking about programs, it's talking about the military not being allowed to mothball disused equipment. This should be a no brainer, but of course the bureaucracy has to kibosh the whole thing. I can't come up with any lobbying or "favors for constituents" stuff any congressmen might be trying to do here. There is simply no logical argument for forbidding it.

On a thread veer side note, I also found it interesting that the reason they want to to surplus the Global Hawks is because grandpa U-2 does a better job at the defined mission. Seems like that in itself could be used as an argument that the military is not just trying to get rid of old stuff (in, perhaps in congresses eyes, an attempt to get new stuff) but that they are really trying to be efficient with resources.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/23/congress-forcing-military-to-keep-unwanted-assets-programs-despite-spending/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Congress Not Allowing Military to Save Money
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
And all this in a republic that originally didn't even want a standing army ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design