Author Topic: SC House considering bill allowing firearms in bars  (Read 2457 times)

Waitone

• friend
SC House considering bill allowing firearms in bars
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
http://www.scnow.com/news/politics/article_33427d6e-b0e1-11e2-ac08-0019bb30f31a.html

According to the state’s legislative website, the bill (S. 308) passed with bipartisan support, 33-5, last week and if approved by the house and signed by the governor would allow those with concealed-weapons permits to carry their firearms “in a business that sells alcohol to be consumed on the premises” until midnight.

Other provision are pretty much standard but I can't get my head around the logic of calling a halt to concealed permit carry at midnight.

I'm good with posting if the law specifies the sign details and location.

Overall it looks like a thumb in the eye of the anti-gunners.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: SC House considering bill allowing firearms in bars
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »
Meh.

We've got that here in AZ.

Frankly, I think the bill is backed by the inkjet cartridge lobby.  The net result of it is that every bar prints up copies of the necessary signage and you still can't carry in bars legally.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
How late do bars stay open in SC?

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »
The excuse behind the 12-5am exemption in the senate was to get fence sitters to vote for it. I don't buy it with the vote being so drastically in favor but that was the excuse.

As it sits it has the 12-5am exception and it would also be illegal to enter the bar portion of the establishment.

Its got those two issues, but is otherwise an improvement. Currently in SC if a restaurant serves any alcohol for on site consumption its a prohibited place.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
I'd rather they just shut the bill down rather than enact something that is fundamentally stoopid.  I don't understand why legislators can't say "no" to dumb legislation.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 06:00:03 PM »
Same here. But, it's a very large improvement to get past the good ol boy association.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »
I'd rather they just shut the bill down rather than enact something that is fundamentally stoopid.  I don't understand why legislators can't say "no" to dumb legislation.

Baby steps and incremental improvements.  Every state started small and has expanded carry over time.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:33:33 PM »
Baby steps and incremental improvements.  Every state started small and has expanded carry over time.

Next time maybe we can get it down to guns only prohibited between 2 and 4 am  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin