Author Topic: I miss Dubya  (Read 9753 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
I miss Dubya
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »
He was misunderestimated.
"It's good, though..."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: I miss Dubya
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
Hell, right about now I even miss Clinton.

W had more class in his little finger than Obama and his entire administration combined.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »
3,2,1 to being told that bushmccainromney are no different than Obama. Not ideal none of them, but we currently live in a national embarrasment. I think the S. Rice appointment is a new high bar set in the embarrassment olympics.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
3,2,1 to being told that bushmccainromney are no different than Obama. Not ideal none of them, but we currently live in a national embarrasment. I think the S. Rice appointment is a new high bar set in the embarrassment olympics.

i think cass substeins wifes appointment is possibly worse
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:30:31 AM »
The nickname police should be along shortly...
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:36:03 AM »
The nickname police should be along shortly...

?

Chris

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
I think the S. Rice appointment is a new high bar set in the embarrassment olympics.

I won't call that an embarrassment. What I will call it is something that won't get through the APS cuss filters.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chuck Dye

• friend
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 11:52:28 AM »
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=35151.msg704445#msg704445

Dubya isn't derogatory.  It's used by supporters and detractors alike and even appears to be endorsed by Bush himself on this page:http://www.nndb.com/group/750/000091477/

If you scroll down, you see the specific nicknames GWB applied to those around him.  Dubya and Bushie are listed for himself.

Chris

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »
If you scroll down, you see the specific nicknames GWB applied to those around him.  Dubya and Bushie are listed for himself.

And what nicknames does Obama approve for himself? My guess would be none, unless it's "your Highness".

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
And what nicknames does Obama approve for himself? My guess would be none, unless it's "your Highness".

Barry?  :rofl:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 01:39:53 PM »
Mr. Seotoro?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »

I bet he'd take a shine to Dear Leader.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »

GWB would have been better on the economy, but got the Big Data Surveillance State into high gear.  BHO merely flipped the nitrous oxide switch.

McCain is every bit an economic ignoramus as BHO, every bit as cavalier about civil liberties, and even more bellicose.  Dude has an odd form of Tourettes in that he can't get through a conversation without calling for someone to be bombed.

Romney would have been better on the economy and not as embarrassing, but was pretty much a squish elsewhere.

All of the three despise actual Americans to the point where they want to flood & replace us with a third world peasantry.

It is turtles shinola sandwiches all the way down.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
I could, but I'd probably short out the word filter.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 05:55:33 PM »
GWB would have been better on the economy, but got the Big Data Surveillance State into high gear.  BHO merely flipped the nitrous oxide switch.

McCain is every bit an economic ignoramus as BHO, every bit as cavalier about civil liberties, and even more bellicose.  Dude has an odd form of Tourettes in that he can't get through a conversation without calling for someone to be bombed.

Romney would have been better on the economy and not as embarrassing, but was pretty much a squish elsewhere.

All of the three despise actual Americans to the point where they want to flood & replace us with a third world peasantry.

It is turtles shinola sandwiches all the way down.

Bush was a patriot act disaster to be sure, but 3 out of 4 of those people loved their country, we could have at least worked on the details of their flawed visions. Our president hates America and that's sad.
AKA Navy Joe   

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »

Emir? :rofl:

I mean it tongue and sheik.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »
I miss Dubya too.... :'( :'( :'(
I especially miss Reagan. :'( :'( :'( :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

Bush was a patriot act disaster to be sure, but 3 out of 4 of those people loved their country, we could have at least worked on the details of their flawed visions. Our president hates America and that's sad.

We do understand that Bush didn't author nor request nor oversee the writing of the Patriot Act, right?

We do get this?

We further understand that Joe Biden has publicly taken credit for authoring the Patriot Act?  Yes?

Yes, Bush signed it.  He sure as hell hadn't read it, and it sounded like a good "DO SOMETHING!" remedy.  But blaming him for it?  Meh.  Not so much.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »
Signed it, defended it, and I believe passed the re-auth on it. Executive wears it, military 101.

Now, consider people we appoint. Bush: John Roberts, John Bolton. Obama: Elena Kagan, Susan Rice.
AKA Navy Joe   

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 07:34:16 PM »
If he vetoed the bill it would not be in effect today giving cover to fascists.

The Patriot Act is his responsibility.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »

Sad, yes.  But...

If they loved their country, they wouldn't try to replace and cornhole their countrymen.  Action, not outward sentimentality, is what I care about.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Re: I miss Dubya
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 10:48:56 PM »
If he vetoed the bill it would not be in effect today giving cover to fascists.

The Patriot Act is his responsibility.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

I'm not going to say he bears no responsibility,  but look at the yeas and nays. A veto would NOT have prevented its enactment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I miss Dubya
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 03:52:05 AM »
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

I'm not going to say he bears no responsibility,  but look at the yeas and nays. A veto would NOT have prevented its enactment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Oh you gonna get all factual ?  Spoils the bombast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2