Author Topic: George Zimmerman Trial  (Read 219309 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: George Zimmerman Trial
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »

Racist, no. Pointless, yes.

And no, I'm not missing or avoiding the issue. I've answered your questions. Go back and read what I've said.
No more pointless than the orgs for other races. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »
Why?
And most of that is due to the exact thing you are saying is fine and dandy, beneficial even. It promotes the "I'm a victim of my skin color" bullscat. And every single one of those race based organizations i can think of promotes being victims of their skin color rather than facing reality. What challenges? Every single black person who wants to get off his ass, work for something, and not act like a  thug from the hood has just as much chance of getting somewhere as anyone else. The only thing holding him back is himself and the race baiters who tell him he's a victim of...something. 

As for "they had a bad history!" I call, quite simply, bull. Look in history and EVERYONES ancestors have been enslaved raped and pillaged and some point. Pull on your big boy panties, pull up your pants along with them, learn to read and be an intelligent human being, get a job and apply yourself, and you'll be fine.

I don't care if your people were enslaved hundreds of years ago or grand daddy was whacked upside the head by the police or sprayed with a water hose at some point. That's got absolutely nothing to do with current reality and the fact that Rayray and Shequena can't get a better job than fry cook at McDonalds because they insist on being lazy idiots, choose to speak some made up bastardized form of the English language, most of the time in some whispered mumbled monotone that no one can hear or understand, and refuse to show up on time without looking like absolute slobs. That's got nothing to do with race, that has to do with culture and blaming your shortcomings on someone else.

Yes, except its worse then you think.
They do not work or wish to work at legal jobs, ghetto culture teaches reliance on gov't subsidies - to get ahead means you sling crack or something else on the black market - hence the "welfare mom with a caddilac" syndrome - cars can be bought with cash and  fly under the radar - as do clothes ... you can have cash/dress well I mean expensively and still "qualify" for gov't subsidies.

Fry cooks, mcdonalds workers, minimum wage earners are all working class and paying for
Rayray and Shequena
they are also paying for USA foriegn aid to Europe so their version of "Rayray and Shequena" can be on the dole and sling crack etc ( I witnessed this first hand living with hippies in Ireland )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2013, 01:23:57 PM »
I don't believe that historically there's ever been an incohesive society that has survived. Each group eventually has wanted to be an autonomous nation.
Not to be a smartass, but historically what societies have survived?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #578 on: July 21, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Not to be a smartass, but historically what societies have survived?

There's a whole bunch of them in Europe, Scandinavia and the Far East that have been around for many hundreds of years.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #579 on: July 21, 2013, 01:51:11 PM »
There's a whole bunch of them in Europe, Scandinavia and the Far East that have been around for many hundreds of years.
That requires a rather loose definition of society, doesn't it?  And by that definition, people and groups which choose to remain aloof from the base society are in fact defending their own social group from destruction.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #580 on: July 21, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »
Is LadySmith still hanging around here?  Haven't seen anything from her in a while.  If we haven't run her off again it would interesting to get her take on this topic. 

I think I saw a post from her a day or two ago.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #581 on: July 21, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
That requires a rather loose definition of society, doesn't it?  And by that definition, people and groups which choose to remain aloof from the base society are in fact defending their own social group from destruction.

OK, which societies would you say have survived,  or not? ("Not" meaning in the last 100-200 years, just for the sake of example).

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #582 on: July 21, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »
OK, which societies would you say have survived,  or not? ("Not" meaning in the last 100-200 years, just for the sake of example).
I'm not sure I can do that since it really depends on what you mean by society and how far you are willing to stretch the definitions.  Also, social cohesiveness gets to be a slippery concept too.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #583 on: July 22, 2013, 12:20:18 AM »
I never listen to talk radio but was taking a long drive today and nothing was on XM (don't get me started about the lack of 60's and 70's classic rock).  I ended up listening to the Patriot channel and it had Breitbart radio on.

I'd never listened to Breitbart radio but they did advertise themselves as the conservative standard in radio.  A guest caller quoted some guy in Houston that said, "hoodies are not allowed in my neighborhood."  The guest caller said, and the "conservative standard" host agreed, that the quoted statement was clearly racist.

No wonder our rights are going down the tube.  Not even supposed conservatives can understand the logic or basic reasoning.  When the conservatives are caving to public opinion rather than the facts, we have no one looking out for us, for our nation, and for our Constitution.

Unless, of course, someone can prove that only black people wear hoodies.  But, we know that all colors and races wear them and, while wearing them, do bad stuff.  Wearing a hoodie is just like wearing a ski mask for the bad guy.  If a good guy is wearing one, he's emulating bad guy idols.  If your idols are bad guys then you're a bad guy.

If I saw someone in my neighborhood walking around in a ski mask or in a hoodie I would be checking them out, too. 

When groups stage hoodie walks in honor of Trayvon Martin, those who are tired of having homes burgled in their neighborhoods should respond with hoodie following parties and keep an eye on all those in hoodies.  It's not a crime.  It's not a threat.  It's not racist. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #584 on: July 22, 2013, 12:30:11 AM »
FWIW, I sometimes wear a hoodie when it's cold and/or raining.  I have two, one from SVTP (A car forum) but usually I'm just wearing a plain Black one that says "OIF" on the right breast.

So I'm a bad guy when it hits 40 degrees in FL?

Don't get too caught up in hoodies (or other possesion) when what we really object to is the actions of some people.  The clothes are not criminal.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #585 on: July 22, 2013, 01:39:31 AM »
I used to wear hoodies- but they don't work well with the cowboy hat I got for Christmas - once I get my motorcycle working again though I'll be wearing them - they're just dandy under a helmet and are toasty for chilly nights.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #586 on: July 22, 2013, 03:16:56 AM »
Been thinking about analogies.

The use of deadly force is an "affirmative defense", in effect the victim is required to prove they weren't "asking for it." The "duty to retreat" takes the victim-blaming a step further, the victim -also- has to prove they "couldn't get away" from their attacker to actually get justice.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #587 on: July 22, 2013, 06:27:17 AM »
Don't get too caught up in hoodies (or other possesion) when what we really object to is the actions of some people.  The clothes are not criminal.

Not criminal, per se, but grounds for suspicion (legitimate, healthy suspicion) in many circumstances and conditions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #588 on: July 22, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »
 ???

Maybe it depends on where people live, but I've never connected the wearing of a hood with criminal behavior, or any particular race. It may be a little strange when it's warm outside, but no stranger than people being stupid enough to wear stocking caps indoors. For that matter, wearing sweatsuit material at all, in any weather, is questionable. Nasty, non-breathing stuff. It says "sweat" right in the name. Why would anyone wear that? And then, using the term "hoodie" calls one's intelligence into question.

Rant off.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #589 on: July 22, 2013, 09:37:22 AM »
I used to wear zip front hooded sweatshirts a lot for in-between and changeable weather.

But I've found stuff like that doesn't wear well for "ranch" work, plus I've become a natural fabric snob.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #590 on: July 22, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »
FWIW, I sometimes wear a hoodie when it's cold and/or raining.  I have two, one from SVTP (A car forum) but usually I'm just wearing a plain Black one that says "OIF" on the right breast.

Great post.

I own a couple of warm sweatshirts with hoods on them as well.

Heck, I'll even wear one of these when riding my motorcycle and it's cold out:

http://www.superflysunglasses.com/product/WT114

It can be a full face covering, beanie hat, scarf tube, balaclava, or whatever else you can twist it up into.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #591 on: July 22, 2013, 10:31:45 AM »
does the fact that gz descibed tm as wearing a hoodie make him biased against people wearing hoodies, or was he just describing the person he was following?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #592 on: July 22, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »
does the fact that gz descibed tm as wearing a hoodie make him biased against people wearing hoodies, or was he just describing the person he was following?

It makes him a homicidal, racist cracka. Haven't you been paying attention?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #593 on: July 22, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »

No, just a wimp for wearing a hoodie in 40deg weather. :P  =D

I have one of those flannel shirts with the sweatshirt hoodie that Big5 sells. I keep it at the folks farm and will wear it in the Winter when I'm riding my ATV. I put my hat in my lap and don the hoodie while driving, then when I get where I'm going, remove the hoodie and put my hat back on.  I hate walking around with a hoodie or anything similar on unless it's just so cold, that I need it to protect my ears (though if it's that cold, I will wear my mad bomber hat) because they make me feel restricted.

It goes back to common sense and not jumping to conclusions if someone is wearing a hoodie and it's cold out. Where I live, it's rarely cold enough for one, but I see people wearing them even in the Summer. Often the other clothes they have on, and their mannerisms, cause me to switch my situational awareness mode. Other times I can see that they're wannabe punks or hipster fashionistas and I ignore them. My 86 year old dad has a hoodie like mine that he sometimes puts on in the Winter when out and about around the farm because he can't take any cold around his ears anymore. I don't believe he's ever worn it to town, or to rob a house.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #594 on: July 22, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »
Yeah, the sweatshirt-fabric hood has become so ubiquitous for all demographics, I don't see how anyone could identify it with race or criminal intent. It's like the ball cap: popular with inner-city criminals, but just as popular with everybody else.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #595 on: July 22, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
Yeah, the sweatshirt-fabric hood has become so ubiquitous for all demographics, I don't see how anyone could identify it with race or criminal intent. It's like the ball cap: popular with inner-city criminals, but just as popular with everybody else.

But some of us know which way the brim goes  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #596 on: July 22, 2013, 11:18:26 AM »
But some of us know which way the brim goes  :lol:
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #597 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »

Heck, I'll even wear one of these when riding my motorcycle and it's cold out:

http://www.superflysunglasses.com/product/WT114

It can be a full face covering, beanie hat, scarf tube, balaclava, or whatever else you can twist it up into.

I've got one of them.  It's very nice for bicycling in the winter.  The packaging pictured it being worn by a young black male.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #598 on: July 22, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #599 on: July 22, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
What do you expect from an Aggie?

I was thinking the same thing. The photo has been around awhile; I don't remember seeing the A&M logo before now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?