Author Topic: Way to set high journalistic standards AP  (Read 1339 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Way to set high journalistic standards AP
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
http://www.kpax.com/news/conceal-carry-permit-info-to-remain-private/#_

In the last legislature, MT passed a law that makes CC permit info private.  The law takes effect 10/1/2013.  AP and another organization put in requests for all the CC permit holder's personal information to try to get it before the law takes effect.  Why?  Because they thought they could or should or something....  journalistic activism I guess.  It isn't news.  

Happily, the attorney general's office refused to give them the info.  Hopefully this doesn't turn into an expensive legal challenge.

I'm very happy my name and address will not be published as a CCW holder.  I guarantee the very liberal leaning Missoulian would have published it as soon as they had it.

Levant

• friend
Re: Way to set high journalistic standards AP
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:20:47 AM »
But could we print a list of gun-free homes?  It still reveals us as gun owners but the use of the list would be different. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Way to set high journalistic standards AP
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
I've noticed that a lot of Sheriff's departments have changed their CCW applications to include (if they did not have it before) a checkbox for not giving out your info, all of them having language similar to, "I am applying for a CCW for my personal safety and do NOT wish to have my personal information made available."

I looked through my copies of my non-resident applications and only Oregon had that at the time.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."