Author Topic: Good thing he had those cameras..  (Read 2551 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Good thing he had those cameras..
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:55:45 PM »
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/undercover-informant-plants-crack-store-ny-businessman-donald-andrews-video#

A head shop is targeted by a confidential informant.  Informant tells cops that he observed crack cocaine in the establishment.  Cops arrest owner.  Owner finally gets cops to look at surveillance camera footage which shows the informant planting the crack from a couple of different angles.  It is noted the cameras are in plain sight.  Idiot informant flees.  A lawsuit is pending.

Oops
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:00:59 PM by 41magsnub »

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: Good thing he had those cameras..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
makes you wonder about any other informing he may have done.

are the informant5s paid per conviction?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:55:27 PM »
makes you wonder about any other informing he may have done.

are the informant5s paid per conviction?

Probably just for SWAT raids. Bonus for puppies shot.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Would have been more entertaining to have questioned all the LEOs and the informant under oath in court . . . get them all on the record with sworn testimony . . . and THEN introduce the surveillance footage.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 10:21:37 PM »
Would have been more entertaining to have questioned all the LEOs and the informant under oath in court . . . get them all on the record with sworn testimony . . . and THEN introduce the surveillance footage.  >:D

^^ This.

They're all above reproach, or at least think they are.

Time to start harvesting some effing badges, careers, and private property via civil suit for perjury and abuse of authority under color of law and other violations.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Levant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
^^ This.

They're all above reproach, or at least think they are.

Time to start harvesting some effing badges, careers, and private property via civil suit for perjury and abuse of authority under color of law and other violations.

The police are almost never convicted and almost never lose in a civil suit.  We'll just have to watch and see what happens.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 09:02:48 AM »
it always kills me when the usual department punishment is "suspended with pay".  any other employee would call that a vacation.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »
The police are almost never convicted and almost never lose in a civil suit.  We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

In Tulsa, fairly recently, they did manage to harvest a few corrupt LEOs over similar actions. My opinion is they only got something less than 10% of the dirty cops though.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 01:15:32 PM »
Scratch your heads and figure out this-  just where exactly is an "informant", with close police ties, gonna come up with the coke?  Is said informant gonna buy the dope with his own money and then plant it?
 Seems to me it is far more likely that dope came from the cops to start with.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
Scratch your heads and figure out this-  just where exactly is an "informant", with close police ties, gonna come up with the coke?  Is said informant gonna buy the dope with his own money and then plant it?

Almost for certain - in my opinion.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

very observant, I guess they really wanted to close this guy down.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."