Author Topic: Lindsey Graham has some real competition  (Read 2349 times)

Waitone

• friend
Lindsey Graham has some real competition
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:30:51 AM »
South Carolina is a schizophrenic state.  We can elect the likes of Jim Demint and Lindsey Graham, two different bookends if ever there was one.  Here of late Graham is besting his previous record toeing the progressive line.  We've hoped for someone with a chance to give Graham a serious run for his money but so far no one shows up.

Yesterday Nancy Mace announced a primary run against Graham.  She is the first female to graduate the Citadel and, according to the buzz, an Iron Magnolia -- pretty, sweet and tough as nails.  Bonus points for swinging libertarian.

http://www.fitsnews.com/2013/08/03/nancy-mace-announces-bid-for-us-senate/
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130803/PC16/130809805/1009/nancy-mace-announces-run-against-sen-lindsey-graham&source=RSS
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/08/nancy-mace-to-make-us-senate-announcement-95155.html
http://www.citadel.edu/root/whm2013-features/nancy-mace

She will have to be a huge hit with the TEA types if she is to match Graham's lead in funds.  He has $6 million on hand and can by estimate pull in another $4 million from his part-time gig as New York's Third Senator.  Too early to say but this election could turn out to be a showdown between the elite republican establishment and those despised TEA types.   [popcorn]

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Lindsey Graham has some real competition
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:43:12 AM »
IF she can knock him down it would substantially bigger than Rubio's upset of Crist, or Cruz's upset of Dewhurst.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:23:10 PM »
The only way to beat these guys is in the primary.  Let's all make sure we're sending money to Kentucky and South Carolina - or anywhere there is a primary challenge of an existing senator - of either party.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »
There's actually a few folk lining up to try and unseat Graham.

My big hope right now is that we don't end up with two or three good folks trying to stay in the race to the end who split the vote and let Graham slide through.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:31:28 AM »
and let Graham slide through.
Apt wording.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 08:08:21 AM »
Apt wording.

Slither would have been more apt.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »
My big hope right now is that we don't end up with two or three good folks trying to stay in the race to the end who split the vote and let Graham slide through.

SC requires the winner to have 50+% of the vote.  A three way fight will eventually be mano e mano (or close approximation thereof).
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon