Author Topic: FBI allowed informants to commit 5,600 crimes  (Read 5978 times)

MechAg94

• friend
FBI allowed informants to commit 5,600 crimes
« on: August 04, 2013, 12:25:04 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/04/fbi-informant-crimes-report/2613305/

I thought this was interesting information.  What they didn't say was how many of those crimes allowed actually led to bigger and better prosecutions?  How effective is this practice?

WASHINGTON β€” The FBI gave its informants permission to break the law at least 5,658 times in a single year, according to newly disclosed documents that show just how often the nation's top law enforcement agency enlists criminals to help it battle crime.
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Levant

• friend
Re: FBI allowed informants to commit 5,600 crimes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:57:31 PM »
Interesting article.  Clearly the FBI is running a protection scam.  They're protecting criminal organizations in exchange for some occasional sacrifices that can be flaunted in front of the cameras to make the FBI look good.  They're not exchanging cash in their protection scheme; they have the best money laundering scheme that ever existed in the history of mankind: the Federal payroll system.  Protect a criminal, look good on camera, keep your job.  Protect a criminal, look great on camera, get a promotion.  Of course the benefit for the protected criminal is that they turn in their competition and their FBI protectors arrest the competition and put them in prison. 

The article hints at the same kind of operation in the state and local agencies but doesn't really talk about it.

These stories show why there should never have been a standing police force in the US.  The Founders never would have accepted it - especially at the federal level.  There should never have been a federal law enforcement agency.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
Nothing new or unusual.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
Whitey Bulger. Known murderer, protected for years.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 01:49:41 PM »
Never talk bad about whitey!
You never know who is listening!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
Efrem Zimbalist Jr. would be SHOCKED!  Shocked I say! :police: [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero