Author Topic: Dey Tuk Are Jawbs!  (Read 2327 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Dey Tuk Are Jawbs!
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »
I notice none of us are talking about the Illegal Immigration Bill that congress evidently seems poised to pass.  It's been splattered all over Drudge for several days.

Any of us really care at all?

Just burned out on seeing bad nooz story after bad nooz story?

Or do we think that this is an attempt to get us all South-Park-rabblerabbled up and focused on that, while they do something else despicable instead?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Dey Tuk Are Jawbs!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »
I have been writing congresscritters in opposition to it pretty regularly.

It is a 100% turd sandwich, not one squirt of mustard to help choke it down.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 05:49:03 PM »
I seem to have a life.  I can barely keep up with APS and local headlines.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 07:56:09 PM »
Dey Tuk Are Jawbs!

Actually, they already took those jobs and, by remaining here under-the-radar so to speak, they have a continuing effect on on wages since they can undercut legal residents price. I have come to the opinion that it is better to get them legal so that they can't undercut legal residents labor price and you get at least some tax revenue.

The only issue to argue over imo is how to stop business interests and government from arranging for the next wave of illegals to arrive and keep wages depressed and pay for entitlements

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
I notice none of us are talking about the Illegal Immigration Bill that congress evidently seems poised to pass.  It's been splattered all over Drudge for several days.

Any of us really care at all?

Just burned out on seeing bad nooz story after bad nooz story?

Pretty much.

I doubt I'll ever have another "real" job if this one should go away.  It'll either be hang out my shingle, work under the radar for a buddy of mine, or Walmart greeter.  I can't see an HR department saying "him!" about a guy pushing 60.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/08/economist-bryan-caplan-is-cheerful-but.html

Open borders activist admits he & his ideas are out of step with the American people's positions, but that folks like he get media tongue-baths while folks who articulate majority-America's opinions are vilified in the media.

He also is upset that Sailer has had some fun with the activist's contest for an open-borders logo.

Economist Bryan Caplan is a cheerful but humorless soul, so he's upset that my readers have been having fun with his Open Borders logo contest, and he projects his anger upon those having a laugh at his expense.

But Caplan does make a good point: Out of all the intellectuals in the country, when it comes to thinking about immigration (and perhaps race and a few other crucial topics), I'm the most sane, sensible, moderate responsible grown-up, which makes me widely hated. In contrast, Caplan's Open Borders views on immigration are self-evident lunacy, which makes him far more respectable. As Caplan says, "I have to admit, it's bizarre."

Think about it like this: Steve Sailer's policy views are much closer to the typical American's than mine.  Compared to me, he's virtually normal.  But the mainstream media is very sweet to me, and treats Steve like a pariah.  I have to admit, it's bizarre.

Open Borders Logo Cntest:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461729987257061/

Some citizenist entries:

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-map-of-open-borders-world.html

"This one symbolizes all the wonderful global diversity that would accrue from open borders."

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/08/an-open-borders-logo.html

"I support open borders"

"We support open borders:"

None of the parody logos comes close to the creepifying feel of a real logo used by the US Chamber of Commerce in support of the Illegal Alien Amnesty and Abolition of America Act:
http://www.freeenterprise.com/immigration/us-chamber-pushes-immigration-reform

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:05 PM »
I've reached a point where I don't care anymore. The libtards have won and I can live with out the frustration and mental anguish of worrying about it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Levant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 03:04:43 PM »
I've reached a point where I don't care anymore. The libtards have won and I can live with out the frustration and mental anguish of worrying about it.

I understand how you feel but never quit caring.

That said, it does make sense to burn brain cells productively.  For now, immigration is truly a lost cause. 

There are gun boards I have been to recently, some of the big names, that close immigration threads immediately because their management support open borders. Even among those who pretend to be conservative and love the American way of life and our form of liberty seem to throw it out when it comes the financial advantage they get from illegal immigrants - or at least that they think they get.

I think the thing to do now is to concentrate on basic freedoms such as the right to keep and bear arms, free speech, free travel and association and fighting illegal search and seizure.  If we can maintain our constitutional protections and government - or restore our constitutional protections and constitutional government, then we can get back to the border question. 

NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »
Our nation survived just fine with basically open borders for many years. Immigration isn't the issue, it's the entitlements that draw the ticks and leeches that is the issue.  End the welfare state, implement clear rules on earning citizenship greater  than "show up and be here a while", have low level screening to keep out the murderers and rapists fleeing justice in their country, and do a basic health screen to keep exotic diseases from making their way here. Problem solved.

That being said, neither party has any interest in either reforming the welfare state or truly reforming immigration. Politics is a Mets/Yankees game and the conservative/libertarians are trying to get a win for the Red Sox. The system is fundamentally broken beyond repair, but it's all most folks know.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »
Our nation survived just fine with basically open borders for many years. Immigration isn't the issue, it's the entitlements that draw the ticks and leeches that is the issue.  End the welfare state, implement clear rules on earning citizenship greater  than "show up and be here a while", have low level screening to keep out the murderers and rapists fleeing justice in their country, and do a basic health screen to keep exotic diseases from making their way here. Problem solved.

That being said, neither party has any interest in either reforming the welfare state or truly reforming immigration. Politics is a Mets/Yankees game and the conservative/libertarians are trying to get a win for the Red Sox. The system is fundamentally broken beyond repair, but it's all most folks know.

It's like our "health care" system: we won't get something different unless what we have completely collapses, and there's no guarantee we'd get something better.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »
Another subversive Open Borders Logo:
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 03:17:19 AM »
I understand how you feel but never quit caring.

Just no longer worth the effort. I'm working myself into a position to "go Galt".
My kids are adults and I have zero debt. I can, if pushed, produce the majority of my own food and could get by with very little taxable income, just need enough for basic utilities and annual property rent taxes to the state. I've been doing a fair amount of barter/trade with friends and neighbors that could be ramped up if needed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:08:35 AM »

I agree. People have got to start voting like revolutionaries, yeah, that means *gasp* "throwing your vote away".
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 09:07:15 AM »
. . . Immigration isn't the issue, it's the entitlements that draw the ticks and leeches that is the issue.
QFT. Tighten up the citizenship requirements a bit, and outlaw ALL entitlements for aliens, and you'll be well on your way to solving the illegal immigration problem.

. . .  I've been doing a fair amount of barter/trade with friends and neighbors that could be ramped up if needed. 
UNDECLARED INCOME! Please remit a check to the IRS IMMEDIATELY!  :police:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Levant

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
QFT. Tighten up the citizenship requirements a bit, and outlaw ALL entitlements for aliens, and you'll be well on your way to solving the illegal immigration problem.
UNDECLARED INCOME! Please remit a check to the IRS IMMEDIATELY!  :police:

The IRS has been sending ominous scary letters to 20000 small businesses, with no indication of wrongdoing, saying that they may have under reported their cash sales. If the IRS really cared about collecting taxes and not about driving politically motivated behavior, they would go after the employers who aren't paying taxes on wages. Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime and those who hire illegal immigrants belong in prison.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party