Author Topic: Doctor points out that women are different from men. Branded sexist.  (Read 4417 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Yes, women do require more medical testing and services.  Just like old people require more testing and services then young people (The entire point behind Obamacare.  Forcing young people to finance old people's healthcare.  Just like we do now with Social Security.)

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/fox-s-sexist-comments-on-women-s-healthcare-spark-outrage-172914267.html

And before any one goes crazy, from 1991-2006 I went to the doctor precisely zero times.  The STBX Mrs. Scout had a pap smear every (or was it every other), Mammograms every other year, oh, and two kids, which involved numerous trips to the OB/GYN along with 2 hospital visits/stays.

Now since then the tables have turned, but only because of that whole cancer thing I picked up.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Doctor points out that women are different from men. Branded sexist.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:58:02 PM »
Healthy women just plain go to the doc more often than healthy men in the USA.  That has been true for decades.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
Obamacare = Actuarial Tables mean nothing !!!

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

Now since then the tables have turned, but only because of that whole cancer thing I picked up.

Blame it on Global Warming.  Seems to work for PBS...

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
Yes, women do require more medical testing and services.  Just like old people require more testing and services then young people (The entire point behind Obamacare.  Forcing young people to finance old people's healthcare.  Just like we do now with Social Security.)

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/fox-s-sexist-comments-on-women-s-healthcare-spark-outrage-172914267.html

And before any one goes crazy, from 1991-2006 I went to the doctor precisely zero times.  The STBX Mrs. Scout had a pap smear every (or was it every other), Mammograms every other year, oh, and two kids, which involved numerous trips to the OB/GYN along with 2 hospital visits/stays.

And there's lots of welfare/charity type stuff to get health services to wimmen.  Free pap smears.  Free mammalgrams.  Men, yeah, we can just die for all they care.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »
And there's lots of welfare/charity type stuff to get health services to wimmen.  Free pap smears.  Free mammalgrams.  Men, yeah, we can just die for all they care.

Depending on the charity group; they may be rooting for it!
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »

Do you really want to go through that kind of stuff?   =|

I'm just an old curmudgeon that stays as far away from doctors as possible.  It's healthier that way.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »
I stay away from doctors. They just want to make a patient out of me. I've met my insurance deductible 3x in 32 years. Still have all my own teeth and most of my hair and I've missed 3 days of work in the last 10 years due to sickness. Never had a flu shot and will never get one. I don't eat junk food or processed crap and I don't take a daily vitamin either.
I've been married for 22 years and she only goes once every year or two to get an epipen cause she's allergic to bee stings. They alway try to push her to get the routine wimmin wellness tests but she refuses. She tells them straight out she just wants her rx for the epi pen, and nothing else after height weight and B Pressure.
We eat wild game and fish, grass fed lamb, farm raised chickens, and lots of home grown organic veggies.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »
Girl parts are higher maintenance than boy parts.  That's objective fact whether the topic is medical expenses, or daily/monthly hygiene.  Why should that be the least bit controversial?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:45 AM »
women are different from men

Hatefact!

It is no longer acceptable to differentiate between women and men (unless it suits the left's agenda). Hence, chicks in combat, same-sex marriage, and other feats of malarkey.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »

I'm eerily reminded of "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »
Girl parts are higher maintenance than boy parts.  That's objective fact whether the topic is medical expenses, or daily/monthly hygiene.  Why should that be the least bit controversial?

This is truth.

Although, a lot of womans medicine is overly pushed.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:28 PM »
Yeah, wimmin' are different.  They have bumps in front.  geeezzzz, how much jail time is the doc getting for pointing out that men and women are different?.....chris3

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 10:07:21 PM »
This is truth.

Although, a lot of womans medicine is overly pushed.

Yes, there's money to be made (or at least there was) in "raising awareness" of various women's health issues, that goes way beyond 1950's prudish "we don't discuss those things" sort of taboos.
I promise not to duck.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Doctor points out that women are different from men. Branded sexist.
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 07:23:28 AM »
The no doctor thing is buying a lotto ticket. My mom did it. Buried her at 42. Fron something she likely woulda gotten over . Sometimes you get lucky sometimes not

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 07:45:04 AM »
Even kindergarteners know that.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=31b_70kzfwQ
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 07:45:27 AM »
The no doctor thing is buying a lotto ticket. My mom did it. Buried her at 42. Fron something she likely woulda gotten over . Sometimes you get lucky sometimes not

I'm hearing about more and more people going in for non emergency surgery and nearly dying because of some doctor/hospital screwup.  A neighbor just had a knee replaced and then kept going back to the doctor/ER not feeling well.  They kept sending her home and finally she ended up in ICU with blood clots  :facepalm:

I'm pretty much just too mean to get sick.  >:D  

If and when my knees get really bad, it's a really expensive lotto ticket to go to the doctor  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 10:48:27 PM »
There is a damned if you do, damned if you don't quality to modern medicine.

You just have to try to balance it with commen sense, and, when push comes to shove, figure out which way you want to get screwed.
^ that last bit is a little too accurate when discussing womans health and exams.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
I'm hearing about more and more people going in for non emergency surgery and nearly dying because of some doctor/hospital screwup.  A neighbor just had a knee replaced and then kept going back to the doctor/ER not feeling well.  They kept sending her home and finally she ended up in ICU with blood clots  :facepalm:

I'm pretty much just too mean to get sick.  >:D  

If and when my knees get really bad, it's a really expensive lotto ticket to go to the doctor  =|

My wife had arthroscopic surgery on her knee (torn meniscus) and ended up with a blood clot in her leg, which led to a pulmonary embolism. Almost lost her that time but she's fine now.

It's hard to believe the doc's didn't explore that possibility with your neighbor as they are relatively common after knee surgery.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 06:13:34 PM »
Medicine != Magic.

Contrary to what they show on TV and the movies, there is risk in every activity (especially medicine) people are somewhat different from one another and any time you you go cutting into, sticking stuff in, and/or removing stuff there is a certain amount of risk.

However, on the plus side, had I been born 100 years ago I would have been dead for 5 years now.  With current medicine, I am still alive and should remain the way for some time.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »
Medicine != Magic.

Contrary to what they show on TV and the movies, there is risk in every activity (especially medicine) people are somewhat different from one another and any time you you go cutting into, sticking stuff in, and/or removing stuff there is a certain amount of risk.

However, on the plus side, had I been born 100 years ago I would have been dead for 5 years now.  With current medicine, I am still alive and should remain the way for some time.

You have to admit that living to 95 is a pretty good run  :lol:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
Medicine != Magic.

It's not Lupus.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »
It's not Lupus.

And you're not Dr. House! :P
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G