Author Topic: Shooting at the DC Navy Yard - 12 shot, 4 of them dead  (Read 34094 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Shooting at the DC Navy Yard - 12 shot, 4 of them dead
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 09:06:46 PM »
Nooz is reporting AR15 and handgun of some sort.

This whole thing is odd.  How many black mass shooting perpetrators have there been in the last couple decades?  Probably count that on one hand.  Doesn't fit the bill. 

News I saw said he had a shotgun, took the handgun of the guard, then may have taken additional weapons as we went.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
I just want to know where Gibbs was?
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »
Has the media found a way to blame it on white, conservative right wingers yet?

Be more worried about being lumped in with military veterans with 'issues' and access to guns.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:42 PM »
News I saw said he had a shotgun, took the handgun of the guard, then may have taken additional weapons as we went.

Fox News said he had an "AR-15 Shotgun".  I'm sure he had an AR-15 something even if it was AR-15 shoelaces. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »
Fox News said he had an "AR-15 Shotgun".  I'm sure he had an AR-15 something even if it was AR-15 shoelaces. 

Possible ...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ar-15-style-shotgun-raac-akdal-mka-1919/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »
We should have listened to Sarah Silverman when she told us not to give guns to black men.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/09/robert-farago/sarah-silverman-never-truer-word-spoken-jest/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2013, 12:15:26 AM »
I saw this on Calguns but have not yet been able to confirm it. Story, with quotes from NBC, says he started with a shotgun he purchased several weeks before, and got the pistol and AR on base.

http://bearingarms.com/nbc-washington-navy-yard-shooting-suspect-took-assault-rifle-pistol-from-cops-he-ambushed/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
I saw this on Calguns but have not yet been able to confirm it. Story, with quotes from NBC, says he started with a shotgun he purchased several weeks before, and got the pistol and AR on base.

http://bearingarms.com/nbc-washington-navy-yard-shooting-suspect-took-assault-rifle-pistol-from-cops-he-ambushed/

He was just using a shotgun like biden said to use. :P
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Shooting at the DC Navy Yard - 12 shot, 4 of them dead
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »

That was reported in wapo as well

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 03:37:38 AM »
WUSA reporting he may have been a 9/11 first responder with PTSD
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 07:53:57 AM »
now they are speculating that there was no rifle.  he started with a shotgun, and stole 2 pistols.  (no story here,  move along.....)
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
At least they were able to rule out any kind of terrorism in less than an hour.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:47 AM »
Yesterday reminded me of 14 December, last year. In that I had to switch off the talk radio, to avoid all the pointless speculation from people with no solid facts.  ;/

HankB

• friend
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
Saw a survivor of the shooting being interviewed - he said that he could carry a gun, but MILITARY REGULATIONS ON BASE HAD DISARMED HIM. Didn't see the entire interview, but enough to see him assert that he could have stopped the perp sooner, but was unable to because he'd been disarmed. (Sounds a lot like Suzanna Hupp's experience with the Luby's mass shooting some years back.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:15 AM »
Saw a survivor of the shooting being interviewed - he said that he could carry a gun, but MILITARY REGULATIONS ON BASE HAD DISARMED HIM. Didn't see the entire interview, but enough to see him assert that he could have stopped the perp sooner, but was unable to because he'd been disarmed. (Sounds a lot like Suzanna Hupp's experience with the Luby's mass shooting some years back.)

That interview will get buried quick.
"It's good, though..."

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »

where did you see this?  is there a name/link available?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »

It's possible he didn't use a rifle at all.  From CNN.COM:

Authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including a shotgun that investigators believe Alexis brought into the compound, federal law enforcement sources with detailed knowledge of the investigation told CNN on Tuesday. The other two weapons -- handguns -- may have been taken from guards, the sources say.

Earlier information that Alexis may have used a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle may have been incorrect, the sources said.

Investigators believe Alexis rented an AR-15 but had returned it before Monday's shootings, the sources said. Authorities are still investigating how many weapons Aaron had access to, the sources said.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »
Wrong race, wrong weapon(s).

News cycle peters out on this in 2-3 days tops.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
Wrong race, wrong weapon(s).

News cycle peters out on this in 2-3 days tops.

Yup.

Any word on if there were multiple shooters, or was that a misreport in the initial rush to be wrong first?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Yup.

Any word on if there were multiple shooters, or was that a misreport in the initial rush to be wrong first?

I don't think it was a misreport. More a matter of 1/2 the various alphabet soup agencies being thorough based on initial confused witness reports, and 1/2 just typical bureaucratic CYA in the .0001% chance there was a second shooter, they dismissed it, and he popped up again and did more damage etc. So "officially

I can be sympathetic for being a bit on the "better safe than sorry"-side of things in these instances. If there ever were multiple shooters who got ignored/dismissed the various LEA's would have their asses in slings, both officially and in the MSM.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2013, 01:14:58 PM »
He rented an AR, but returned it? Am I just way out of the loop here? Are there places renting guns outside the confines of a shooting range? ???

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
He rented an AR, but returned it? Am I just way out of the loop here? Are there places renting guns outside the confines of a shooting range? ???

Probably typical MSM confusion/ignorance.

I'm guessing he bought an AR, had buyer's remorse for whatever reasons, then sold it back to the shop at a loss etc.
I promise not to duck.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 01:32:29 PM »
There is nowhere in this area that I'm aware of that would rent an AR.  The nearest place I can think of that rents guns at all is Blue Ridge in Chantilly, and I don't think they rent anything but handguns.  Plus, you're not supposed to leave the range with the weapon.

Not sure about DC or MD though.

Chris

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
And now we're slamming the barn door after all the animals have gotten out.

http://www2.smartbrief.com/servlet/encodeServlet?issueid=97B312C4-747C-460F-A80A-83105B034053&sid=2d4a7936-cbbd-4363-9633-6433befc450c

And yes wrong race, wrong gun (A Biden Special).  Only way this gets used is the "PTSD" angle.  Dude was an electronics tech in the Navy.  Not a trigger puller, but pretty much the Navy's version of Geek Squad.  

Background will be interesting.   I heard a Doc at one of the hospitals yesterday quoted as saying "These wounds are consistent with the use of automatic rifle."  Really, *BBBZZZZZTTTTT*  WRONG!!!   Go turn in your stethoscope and find a new line of work.

And I never heard of a range that will either rent or loan guns that let you take them off premise.  But gunnies have been known to do really stupid things.  

Also keep in mind that reporters have 1) No farking clue about guns, 2) No idea what happened during this event, 3) No clue whatsoever about anything.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:56:18 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.