Author Topic: Another recall of a Colorado State Senator going forward  (Read 6835 times)

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Another recall of a Colorado State Senator going forward
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »

I'm sure you remember that two of our prominent members of the Colorado State Senate were booted out of office because of their stance on "gun control."  These were the State Senate President, John Morse, and Senator Angela Giron (pr: Hih-ROAN).  It did, after all, make national headlines.

When the recall effort against those two started, our State Senator Evie Hudak was also considered for a recall effort, but that was dropped for logistical reasons.

But with the brilliantly successful recall of the other Senators mentioned, a new recall effort against her has started.

http://www.recallhudaktoo.org/

http://www.mycoloradoview.com/spotlight-on-colorado-senate-district-19/

There is going to be a table for the recall movement at the Tanner Gun Show at the Merchandise Mart this weekend.  Easy to get to... I-25 Exit 58th Avenue and it's less than a half mile east.  And there's a MacWendyKing's across the street for a quick bite if you want one.

Just because you don't live in that district does NOT mean you can't assist the effort. They could probably use some help manning their table at the gun show and their new offices in Arvada on 64th Ave and Simms. (See map in their website.) You don't have to be a resident of Hudak's district (Westminster and Arvada) to help out that way.

Haven't seen this on APS yet, so I figured I'd mention it.

Terry, 230RN

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Another recall of a Colorado State Senator going forward
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
Isn't she the one that insulted women - something about rape  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »
Yeah, there was a kerfuffle about her on that subject.  For a sample, see the video at the recallhudaktoo.org site.  I believe that under pressure, she had to apologize to the young lady later.

Some folks seem to feel that if this recall effort fails, that it will damage the RKBA cause, but my guts tell me that even if this one fails, we'll still be batting .667.  No politico wants to face a recall petition, let alone any resulting recall election.

At the very least, it will give them pause the next time they cast a vote in the legislative bodies... unless they pull a "not present" or "abstain" voting ploy, as some prominent politicians have done. <ahem>  <koff-koff>

It will also enlighten caucus-goers to use some caution before nominating hyper-leftist candidates... maybe.

I wish the Republican Party in CO would come around to supporting this method of "correcting" the Legislature's excesses, even though they realize that the worm could turn and the hyper-leftist forces might unseat more conservative Republican candidates using this same method.

But I also see it as a way to counterbalance the ridiculously overbalanced power of the urban areas --throughout the nation, by the way.

Terry, 230RN

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Another recall of a Colorado State Senator going forward
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
Yeah, there was a kerfuffle about her on that subject.  For a sample, see the video at the recallhudaktoo.org site.  I believe that under pressure, she had to apologize to the young lady later.

Some folks seem to feel that if this recall effort fails, that it will damage the RKBA cause, but my guts tell me that even if this one fails, we'll still be batting .667.  No politico wants to face a recall petition, let alone any resulting recall election.

At the very least, it will give them pause the next time they cast a vote in the legislative bodies... unless they pull a "not present" or "abstain" voting ploy, as some prominent politicians have done. <ahem>  <koff-koff>

It will also enlighten caucus-goers to use some caution before nominating hyper-leftist candidates... maybe.

I wish the Republican Party in CO would come around to supporting this method of "correcting" the Legislature's excesses, even though they realize that the worm could turn and the hyper-leftist forces might unseat more conservative Republican candidates using this same method.

But I also see it as a way to counterbalance the ridiculously overbalanced power of the urban areas --throughout the nation, by the way.

Terry, 230RN
Politics is big biz.
A recall even a failed one reduces the value of the inventory

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »
Yes, but it forces the incumbent to use and raise money to fight this and then campaign in the re-call election.  Maybe she'll get lucky and have Bloomberg send her a big fat check, to "help."

Even if she survives, her warchest for the next election will be severely depleted.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:27:00 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:27:23 PM »
Some folks seem to feel that if this recall effort fails, that it will damage the RKBA cause

You never win a war unless you fight a few battles.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »
scout26

Maybe she'll get lucky and have Bloomberg send her a big fat check, too "help."

Do you have any doubt of that?  He and a bunch of other bigbucks leftists, like the Colorado "Millionaire Gang Of Four."

Too bad I'm just a littlebucks rightist.  :D

Terry

REF ("Gang of Four"):

http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/tag/pat-stryker/  
Scroll down to  "Big Money In Politics,", see Item 1.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:32:44 PM by 230RN »

230RN

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 01:26:17 PM »
HOW TO DONATE:

I got ahold of them directly to get "horse's mouth" information.

1.  Out-of-state donations are OK.

2.  Their preferred method is through their website at

http://www.recallhudaktoo.org/

There is a donation option under the "Contact" tab on the opening banner right under the flag and Capitol dome image.

3.  I am not on Facebook, but they said there is a way to do this on their FB page.

4.  Personal checks may be mailed to them at

Recall Hudak Too
11651 West 64th Ave, Suite E1
Arvada, CO 80004

However, you should include the following information with your check.

Name
Address
Phone Number
Occupation
Employer

This folderol is necessary because they expect to be tightly audited under the campaign finance laws, and they want to make sure all the Ts are dotted and the Is are crossed.

Respectfully submitted,

Terry, 230RN