Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79044 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Walking dead season 4
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
T minus 22 minutes.

That is all.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
Watching season 3 now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »
All I can say is wow.

The zombies have a parachute regiment!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
All I can say is wow.

And they trashed an entire liquor department, ahole zombies.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:37:24 AM »
Zombies weren't bad enough, now bugs to deal with...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:15:25 AM »
All I can say is wow.

And the zombies on the roof never hit one of the many, many soft spots in their aimless wanderings until the living people showed up, and they never all gathered on one side of the roof - much less fell off - attracted by some outside noise . . .

Also notice how some of the children think zombies are cute and deserve names, and think it's OK to wave at them and attract them without killing them. :facepalm:

We'll see how this plot line - and the kids'  interaction with Carl - play out over the course of the season.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »
And the zombies on the roof never hit one of the many, many soft spots in their aimless wanderings until the living people showed up, and they never all gathered on one side of the roof - much less fell off - attracted by some outside noise . . .

Also notice how some of the children think zombies are cute and deserve names, and think it's OK to wave at them and attract them without killing them. :facepalm:

We'll see how this plot line - and the kids'  interaction with Carl - play out over the course of the season.
Something tells me it involves Carl getting to be a badass
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »
Just watched.  Other than the *expletive deleted*ing medic and his sightless AR....I'm not complaining about the episode.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 10:40:57 AM »
All I can say is wow.

It's raining zombies!!~!!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
Okay, so I finished Season 3 last night (NetFlix).  Where can one watch Season 4 without having cable?  Does AMC post the full episode up to their website?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »
"Does AMC post the full episode up to their website?"

So...

You're on your computer, and posted that, but didn't go look?   :facepalm: :rofl:

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
"Does AMC post the full episode up to their website?"

So...

You're on your computer, and posted that, but didn't go look?   :facepalm: :rofl:

^

:rofl:

Since I don't have cable I just paid to access it through the Xbox. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
Okay, so I finished Season 3 last night (NetFlix).  Where can one watch Season 4 without having cable?  Does AMC post the full episode up to their website?

I have a computer too!  :P

http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/the-walking-dead
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 07:53:14 PM »
Just watched.  Other than the *expletive deleted* medic and his sightless AR....I'm not complaining about the episode.

OK that's AR-15  #2 on the series that has lacked sights.  What is it with TV and ARs?  I was watching one of those Sy Fy channel movies and they had some military guy armed with a AR which was clearly an Airsoft and ALSO had NO SIGHTS.   :facepalm: :facepalm:

And it was a pretty good episode in spite of that.  "Raining zombies!" 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Just watched.  Other than the *expletive deleted* medic and his sightless AR....I'm not complaining about the episode.

You don't need sights on a AR. All you're going to do is "spray fire it from the hip" anyway.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
We never got to see poor Eddie in the bag.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:03 PM »
We never got to see poor Eddie in the bag.
There's a program on after the show called "Talking Dead" in which a host talks with a guest or two from the show and another , this week the "other" was Nathan Fillion.   Not showing the head was a deliberate choice of the director.  They decided to leave it to the audience's imagination.
I thought it worked out OK.  I don't need to see every zombie.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 12:18:07 AM »
There's a program on after the show called "Talking Dead" in which a host talks with a guest or two from the show and another , this week the "other" was Nathan Fillion.   Not showing the head was a deliberate choice of the director.  They decided to leave it to the audience's imagination.
I thought it worked out OK.  I don't need to see every zombie.   

Nathan noticed something pretty funny (don't know if the writers did it on purpose), when Rick asked the girl, "How far is your camp?" She replied "It's just ahead".  =D

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 09:38:48 AM »
Nathan noticed something pretty funny (don't know if the writers did it on purpose), when Rick asked the girl, "How far is your camp?" She replied "It's just ahead".  =D

In the Talking Dead discussion they also referred to the unseen skull as "Headdie".  =D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
Was it just Eddie's head in a bag?

Or was he hunched up and his head covered with a sack like the Governor's daughter last season?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »
What is it with TV and ARs?

I also noticed, at least in the finale of last season that there was a fairly clear delineation of who carried what. Bad guys seemed to carry AKs, good guys seemed to carry ARs.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 12:00:12 PM »
I also noticed, at least in the finale of last season that there was a fairly clear delineation of who carried what. Bad guys seemed to carry AKs, good guys seemed to carry ARs.

Which doesn't make any logistical sense at all, since the Governor was raiding National Guard resources, while Rick and his gang just picked up whatever they could find from Bubba's garage along the way.  I seem to remember during Season 3, when Darryl got captured during the raid to free Glen and Maggie, that Darryl had an AK.  But you're right... the Governor's folks were carrying all sorts of esoteric stuff ranging from MP5's to Macs and Uzis to Steyr bullpups towards the end.

This whole thing seems to me to be a world where there should be a lot of guns, but almost no ammo.  And every gun sitting next to a half-eaten and rotted corpse would be empty.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:08 PM »
This whole thing seems to me to be a world where there should be a lot of guns, but almost no ammo.  And every gun sitting next to a half-eaten and rotted corpse would be empty.
What I always thought weird is why not have everyone armed with Ruger 10/22s or Ruger Chargers, and keep the bigger stuff for fending off living predators? Darn near everyone who owns more than 1 gun owns a 10/22, and a scrounger should be able to find .22 ammo just about anywhere including cars, garages, barns, etc- current .22 shortage notwithstanding.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
The ubiquity of MP5Ks in Woodbury also bugged me. Not a platform in wide circulation.