Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79131 times)

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
Which doesn't make any logistical sense at all, since the Governor was raiding National Guard resources, while Rick and his gang just picked up whatever they could find from Bubba's garage along the way. 
Rick's crew raided the prison armory. They had some pretty random stuff until they did that.

What throws me is the scarcity of guns in general. This is the South. You oughta be able to break into three houses and come up with guns in two of them.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
Rick's crew raided the prison armory. They had some pretty random stuff until they did that.

What throws me is the scarcity of guns in general. This is the South. You oughta be able to break into three houses and come up with guns in two of them.

I thought the prison armory was cleaned out and they got the consistency in weapons when they went back to Rick's town.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »
"What I always thought weird is why not have everyone armed with Ruger 10/22s..."

DING! DING! DING!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

.22s are far quieter than other firearms, and can be further quieted a lot easier, as well.

You can easily put a 50 round magazine, like a Hot Lips, on a 10-22. The .22 is MORE than powerful enough to zip into a zombie's skull. The lack of recoil makes double taps quick and easy, if needed, or dealing with a herd a lot easier, as well.

You can also carry tons more .22 ammo.

What annoys me about Walking Dead is the constant insistence that "it's got to be the brain!" to put a walker down, but often the crap they do (like the broken pool cue up through the lower jaw and coming out the eye socket) don't come close to getting to the zombie's brain, and many, many other tactics don't come close to the brain stem, which is what Jenner said was the only part of the brain that the virus or whatever restarted.

And has anyone else noticed that zombie skulls tend to be made out of marshmallow fluff and crepe paper?

And finally, one of the things I'd be using for zombie control at the fence?

A generator, an air compressor, and a nail gun.

How much you want to bet that you could go to any big box store in any town and get an air compressor and a nail gun and a gazillion nails with no trouble at all....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
And finally, one of the things I'd be using for zombie control at the fence?

How much you want to bet that you could go to any big box store in any town and get an air compressor and a nail gun and a gazillion nails with no trouble at all....
Gas powered compressor. Any home improvement store would have one.

Also, a veterinarian's office, a slaughterhouse, or maybe even farms should have a captive bolt gun or two. No need to use up nails.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 10:11:33 AM »
IMO, gas shouldn't be working anymore.

Maybe diesel.  Not sure about storage longevity of modern diesel.

But the ethanol-mixed crap should be all gummy and have water separation problems after 6-12 months.  Aren't we 2 years into Z-day now at this point?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 10:51:35 AM »
IMO, gas shouldn't be working anymore.

Maybe diesel.  Not sure about storage longevity of modern diesel.

But the ethanol-mixed crap should be all gummy and have water separation problems after 6-12 months.  Aren't we 2 years into Z-day now at this point?

They just need to find the 4X4 version of one of these:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/132921/the-thorium-powered-car-eight-grams-one-million-miles/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 11:41:07 AM »

Easier: Paslode nailer.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
I agree, gasoline shouldn't be working too well anymore.

Stability goes up the larger the volume being stored, so if you could find large tanks you could buy some time that way.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 07:29:47 AM »
There's a program on after the show called "Talking Dead" in which a host talks with a guest or two from the show and another , this week the "other" was Nathan Fillion.   Not showing the head was a deliberate choice of the director.  They decided to leave it to the audience's imagination.
I thought it worked out OK.  I don't need to see every zombie.   

I watched the Talking Dead afterwards, but must have missed that part.  I was playing a game of Solitaire on the laptop at the time.  Maybe that's why.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
I agree, gasoline shouldn't be working too well anymore.

Stability goes up the larger the volume being stored, so if you could find large tanks you could buy some time that way.

Meh.  Plausibility goes out the window when we start talking about the dead roaming the earth.
I am about *expletive deleted*ing sick of sightless firearms, though.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
Meh.  Plausibility goes out the window when we start talking about the dead roaming the earth.
I am about *expletive deleted* sick of sightless firearms, though.

If Democrats can roam the earth in hoards, I find it to be entirely plausible that the dead can also roam the earth.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
If Democrats can roam the earth in hoards, I find it to be entirely plausible that the dead can also roam the earth.

Touché', sir....touché'.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
Easier: Paslode nailer.

http://www.paslode.com/nails/fnps.html

quicklode logo
Guaranteed to drive every nail in the box
Easy to load.  No snapping, twisting or aligning - just drop in and go!
Extended fuel cell life - 21 month shelf life!

Seems to have the same kind of limitations as gasoline (although they will likely last a bit longer than 21 months.)
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
So after last night's awesome episode, I'm shocked this didn't make it back to page one.

JD

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »
So after last night's awesome episode, I'm shocked this didn't make it back to page one.

Oh, but it did! =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »
Next week looks to be interesting.  They did say we can expect to see many more walkers this season....

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
Next week looks to be interesting.  They did say we can expect to see many more walkers this season....

I guess you watched "Talking Dead"? Greg Nicotero said in one scene, they run into 2,500 walkers!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 09:22:09 AM »
I thought he said 7,500 walkers...

"That's what 7,500 walkers looks like..."

That's enough to make you poo yourself.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »
I thought he said 7,500 walkers...

"That's what 7,500 walkers looks like..."

That's enough to make you poo yourself.

You may be right. My memory is sometimes not so good. I loved the way the scene starts out. I was thinking, " Daryl, why don't you just run over the walkers"? Then....Oh *expletive deleted*it!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
You may be right. My memory is sometimes not so good. I loved the way the scene starts out. I was thinking, " Daryl, why don't you just run over the walkers"? Then....Oh *expletive deleted*!

HA!

I had a similar thought for a second, then came the dawning... "If he's not pushing through the zombies... Oh hell!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »
Wow, this season is REALLY dark and depressing.  Pure psychological torture of the prison colony.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Wow, this season is REALLY dark and depressing.  Pure psychological torture of the prison colony.

And the first three seasons had been walking on *expletive deleted*ing sunshine... :D

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »
Of course maybe greasing the piggies up and letting them go would have been more effective.  Zombies chasing greased piggies  :rofl:

Can't watch the talking dead since I'm not a subscriber. One of my biggest complaints about using Xbox video to watch shows is no preview for the following week, either.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »
Of course maybe greasing the piggies up and letting them go would have been more effective.  Zombies chasing greased piggies  :rofl:

Can't watch the talking dead since I'm not a subscriber. One of my biggest complaints about using Xbox video to watch shows is no preview for the following week, either.

Earth to not-too-bright government employee...

Previews are available on this new and magical invention called the intardnet, at a wondrous place called http://www.amctv.com/

Has your brain really crapped out to that degree that you've never checked the website for both previews AND full episodes AND lots of other neat Walking Dead related stuff?

Wow.