Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79122 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:01 AM »
In regards to Talking Dead, about 95% of the time you're really not missing all that much.

About the funniest thing was a few seasons ago when Chandler Riggs (Carl) called in and said he wanted a flame thrower with a bayonet as his ultimate zombie weapon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »

About the funniest thing was a few seasons ago when Chandler Riggs (Carl) called in and said he wanted a flame thrower with a bayonet as his ultimate zombie weapon.

That's dumb.  Then you have angry flesh-eating ambulatory fireballs chasing you.  Zombies continue the chase even when they have no hips, and are leaking their intestines in long ropes behind them as they crawl across the grass.  They'll continue to advance when merely on fire, as well... until the fire finally gets to the brain and cooks it.

I'm still aghast that nobody has taken tanks, tractors, combines, bulldozers and other heavy equipment and figured out you can just run 'em over.  At least until you run out of diesel.  Which they obviously haven't, yet.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
Of course maybe greasing the piggies up and letting them go would have been more effective.  Zombies chasing greased piggies

I was thinking the same- greased and hobbled, so that they can run just about the same speed as the fastest walkers.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
That's dumb.  Then you have angry flesh-eating ambulatory fireballs chasing you.  Zombies continue the chase even when they have no hips, and are leaking their intestines in long ropes behind them as they crawl across the grass.  They'll continue to advance when merely on fire, as well... until the fire finally gets to the brain and cooks it.

I'm still aghast that nobody has taken tanks, tractors, combines, bulldozers and other heavy equipment and figured out you can just run 'em over.  At least until you run out of diesel.  Which they obviously haven't, yet.

Well duh, that's what made it so funny! He was probably 11 or 12 when he called that in, and his answer showed. What 11 year old wouldn't want a flame thrower?

Have to agree with you on the tractor. Build a security cage and use the front power take off to power a rotating scythe like Ash did in Evil Dead III. A big asphalt roller would also be a good zombie machine.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 12:31:16 PM »

Earth to not-too-bright government employee...

Previews are available on this new and magical invention called the intardnet, at a wondrous place called http://www.amctv.com/

Has your brain really crapped out to that degree that you've never checked the website for both previews AND full episodes AND lots of other neat Walking Dead related stuff?

Wow.

Unfortunately you have to have a cable account to login to watch it on AMC's website, including the full episode of The Walking Dead and Talking Dead.   =|
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
Unfortunately you have to have a cable account to login to watch it on AMC's website, including the full episode of The Walking Dead and Talking Dead.   =|

Nothing is for free anymore.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »
Nothing is for free anymore.

Yep...So I will have to be patient and wait until it comes out on Netflix.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
"Unfortunately you have to have a cable account to login to watch it on AMC's website..."

When in the hell did they start that *expletive deleted*???

What a bunch of crap.

Well, it would appear that I owe JamisJockey an apology.

He's not going to get one, but I owe him one.  :rofl:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

Earth to not-too-bright government employee...

Previews are available on this new and magical invention called the intardnet, at a wondrous place called http://www.amctv.com/

Has your brain really crapped out to that degree that you've never checked the website for both previews AND full episodes AND lots of other neat Walking Dead related stuff?

Wow.

Previews, yes.  Full episodes of the Talking Dead after show, no.

"Unfortunately you have to have a cable account to login to watch it on AMC's website..."

When in the hell did they start that *expletive deleted*???

What a bunch of crap.

Well, it would appear that I owe JamisJockey an apology.

He's not going to get one, but I owe him one.  :rofl:

Foot, mouth, repeat.   :-*
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
Oh, I'll fully admit to assuming that a man with a sugar mamma who keeps him in a high-end crapshack with a boat and lots of other rich-boy toys would have cable TV service of some type.

And if he didn't, because that's the ONE THING that he's too damned cheap to spring for, he wouldn't come here and whine about it.

My mistake.

Now run along, this conversation isn't for you, it's for the grown ups whose mommies let them stay up late and watch zombie movies on TV...

Oh, and just FYI, I heard on the news this morning that some huggy feely type group is trying to get either today or this week designated no snark day. I wonder how that's working out?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
. . . I'm still aghast that nobody has taken tanks, tractors, combines, bulldozers and other heavy equipment and figured out you can just run 'em over.  At least until you run out of diesel.  Which they obviously haven't, yet.
Farm country - combine. Up North, I'm thinking one of those truck-mounted snow throwers. (Would've been helpful in clearing Atlanta's streets in the 1st season - too bad the city isn't in the snow belt.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
Not sure a combine would handle that much bone.

Of course, judging by how easy it is to get a small, pointy stick through a walker's skull, it's pretty obvious that the bones have turned to marshmallow fluff and crepe paper...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
Everything got so effed up in the prison just from 1 person dieing in his sleep... do you think they will start locking cell doors at night as a result?  Leave a key to the cell inside each cell, so that an intelligent and alive person can open the door but a dead zombie doesn't know how?

Or will they post guards?  What if the guards die during their watch without somehow alerting others?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
Everything got so effed up in the prison just from 1 person dieing in his sleep... do you think they will start locking cell doors at night as a result?  Leave a key to the cell inside each cell, so that an intelligent and alive person can open the door but a dead zombie doesn't know how?

Or will they post guards?  What if the guards die during their watch without somehow alerting others?

With this show, I would want both a key and bolt cutters in my cell, because you never know when some whacko or mole of the Governor will decide to start locking people in their cells using his own locks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »
Everything got so effed up in the prison just from 1 person dieing in his sleep

I thought multiple people died from the flu, but they only showed the one dying in the shower.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
I thought multiple people died from the flu, but they only showed the one dying in the shower.

Chris

Yeah, I thought they said several people they put down had the "red eyes".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »
Patrick was apparently the only person in the prison to die from the flu. There were walkers at the prison fence that died from the flu, and that's apparently how Patrick and the other two (the two who were apparently murdered and their bodies burned) contracted it.

Even though they're nicely in their prison, the last thing I'd do would be to let everyone go to sleep. There would be at least two people standing firewatch at all time.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
Patrick was apparently the only person in the prison to die from the flu. There were walkers at the prison fence that died from the flu, and that's apparently how Patrick and the other two (the two who were apparently murdered and their bodies burned) contracted it.

They showed one other person with the eyes and suggested a couple others had it as well.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
I don't remember that, but I do know that they segregated the two people because they feared that they had it.

Hey Jamis, I just went to AMCTV.COM and it looks as if you can watch the first episode of the season without having to pay. It didn't ask me to log in or anything. When I tried to look at the second episode, it DID ask me to log in, so it looks as if they may take the log in constraint off after a couple of days.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »
OK, just watched the spoilers on AMCtv.com, and I see where they found at least one other person who died from the flu in the cell block.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

Even though they're nicely in their prison, the last thing I'd do would be to let everyone go to sleep. There would be at least two people standing firewatch at all time.

That's honestly one of my hardest things about watching this show.  Some of the dumb ass mistakes they make along those lines.
I would also insist that after curfew, everyone lock themselves into their cells.  Even a simple bungee cord would prevent those who die in their sleep.  Gotta piss in the night? Piss bucket honey badger don't give a *expletive deleted*ck. Stay in your cell unless boarders need to be repelled.

I think they've got a sicko in the group, too. Someone was feeding the damn rats. Someone killed the two sick people and burned them.  Someone is a loose cannon and I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:26 AM »

I think they've got a sicko in the group, too. Someone was feeding the damn rats. Someone killed the two sick people and burned them.  Someone is a loose cannon and I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out!

I thought that the burned bodies at the end of episode two was some sort of crazy suicide... it was black dude's girlfriend and someone else.  No?  What did I fail to observe?  It certainly makes more sense as you propose, but I didn't pick up on that.
--Lysander Spooner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
I thought that the burned bodies at the end of episode two was some sort of crazy suicide... it was black dude's girlfriend and someone else.  No?  What did I fail to observe?  It certainly makes more sense as you propose, but I didn't pick up on that.

Blood trails. Both bodies were dragged to the burn site.  Obviously, they might have died and then been dragged out and burned.  But the midnight feeding of the rats at the fence has the hair on the back of my neck saying "But wait, there's more!"
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »
I'm thinking it's Rick feeding the rats and going insane.

He's not come back from the brink. He's just gone to a different ledge.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »
Somehow I interpreted the blood trails as someone coughing up blood due to sickness and dragging himself/herself outside and burning himself/herself alive so as not to turn when dead.
--Lysander Spooner