Author Topic: Improper search  (Read 22666 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Improper search
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKS_dT36Uys
Advice to this lady, if you aren't racist, you don't have to stop and explain that you aren't.  Just get on with it.  The idiots who may think you are racist will think so regardless.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
I have to wonder what judge/magistrate would authorize an invasive search on that affidavit.  There's not a judge I've ever worked with who would authorize an invasive search on that crap.  But, I work in Ohio, where judges are elected, and this crap would cost you an election when it got out.  Anyone know if New Mexico judges are elected?
I would hope so.  Do think something like this is grounds to get him disbarred?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »

I think something like that is grounds to get him disheaded, but I'm a bit of a radical.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »

In most places, yes.  It may also be enough to get him removed from office.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:38 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:03 PM »
if they gave up that easy they were scared
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
if they gave up that easy they were scared

I would have been scared of a larger verdict if I was defending the cities.  Plus, my philosophy has always been that if liability is clear, it is better for everyone to try and resolve the case as soon as possible rather than stretching it out and running up the meter.  I am pretty sure the insurers of the medical providers will be doing the same thing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
Does anyone know if there were repercussions for the officers/officials involved?
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
Does anyone know if there were repercussions for the officers/officials involved?

This.  I'm glad to see he got (some) just compensation fro the taxpayers of the two cities involved, but I want the officers, DA and judge that signed off on this put in the stocks on the public square and flogged.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »

Hopefully they got home safe that night  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »
The idea of letting these things go by with no serious individual, criminal liability scare and sadden and anger the hell out of me. To think that police are getting the message of: "If someone I pull over gives me lip, I can have them legally sodomized... zero risk to me"

What a way to bitter my day... :'( :mad:

On a side note.. could there ever be enough killdozer responses to make police-culture realize that their antisocial attitude and conduct is probably not right?

When authorities consider sodomizing in the name of finding "evidence" proper conduct, or in the best interest of the community... I have got to question the sanity of those occupying office, the institutions themselves, and the legitimacy they hold. When it comes to trespassing people's bodies, "we are the Police!" just doesn't cut it, and should elicit the response of "oh really? Well say hello to my little friend!".

As a final thought, involuntary cavity searches should not be legal. Period. Much less road side cavity searches. If there is "contraband" in someone's rectum, the only acceptable procedure would be to issue a court order for confiscation of all fecal matter exiting the "suspect" with appropriate arrangements to ensure retrieval. It will exit, eventually. It's a physiological fact!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
I can certainly see the ban on cavity searches at least in most circumstances.  Would there be medical grounds to do that if x-ray showed something dangerous inserted?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:14 PM »
On a side note.. could there ever be enough killdozer responses to make police-culture realize that their antisocial attitude and conduct is probably not right?

No.  If those events happened with any frequency, it would just intensify aggressive law enforcement action.  After all, they would have domestic terrorists to fight.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/01/14/new-mexico-man-given-forced-colonoscopy-by-cops-wins-16-million-settlement?s_cid=rss:new-mexico-man-given-forced-colonoscopy-by-cops-wins-16-million-settlement

$ 1.6 million settlement from the two cities involved; the medical providers have not settled yet.

wow, that's a lot of dough ... I would be tempted to get "searched" my self for that kind of payout.  >:D

I hope the medical folks involved have to pay personally as opposed to their insurance.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2014, 05:58:10 PM »
wow, that's a lot of dough ... I would be tempted to get "searched" my self for that kind of payout.  >:D

I hope the medical folks involved have to pay personally as opposed to their insurance.

They need to lose their medical licenses -- not just the doctors, but also the hospital.
"It's good, though..."