Author Topic: Dubya on the Tonight Show  (Read 5791 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Dubya on the Tonight Show
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »
He's coming across very well -- gracious and intelligent.  Laura just came out and joined him.

(not sure if this belongs in Politics or RoundTable because it's a very non-political interview)
"It's good, though..."

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Dubya on the Tonight Show
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 05:52:07 AM »
Damn... I bet he even got some applause.  =|
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »
I didn't watch it last night but, I think it is a repeat. I saw it about a month ago, and he was very classy and funny too.

Damn... I bet he even got some applause.  =|

He actually did get quite a bit of applause!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
The left has had a field day since this first aired in attacking the former president's artistic prowess. One even got the Bushitler thing in there noting that AH was also a failed painter.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 05:15:24 PM »
The left has had a field day since this first aired in attacking the former president's artistic prowess. One even got the Bushitler thing in there noting that AH was also a failed painter.
And AH was a vegetarian, just like Algore claims to be, so there!

One thing I caught - when Leno asked Bush 43 why he hasn't weighed in on policy, the reply was that he thought it was improper for former presidents to criticize their successors . . . to me, the implication was clear: he had criticism, not praise, for BHO, but chose to remain silent.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »
One thing I caught - when Leno asked Bush 43 why he hasn't weighed in on policy, the reply was that he thought it was improper for former presidents to criticize their successors . . .

That's because the Bush's have class. The Obama's don't.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »

The Obamas have lots of class.

Very low, of course, but class nonetheless.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 06:36:55 PM »

It's called kindergarten.    :laugh:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Neither did Clinton.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
It's called kindergarten.    :laugh:
That's unfair to small children.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

I didn't particularly like Dubya as a president (although I did vote for him) but, he did have class and did not use the bully pulpit to disparage Clinton (who could use some disparaging). At least with him we had a grown-up in the office.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
I didn't particularly like Dubya as a president (although I did vote for him) but, he did have class and did not use the bully pulpit to disparage Clinton (who could use some disparaging). At least with him we had a grown-up in the office.
He didn't want to imitate Jimmy Carter.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:29 AM »
I don't remember Bush the Elder dumping on Clinton the way Clinton dumped on GW nor do I remember Ronnie blaming Carter for al the problems we had.
While None of them are particulalry  worthwhile at least the Rs tend not to dump on their successor or predecessor like the Ds seem wont to do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »
Well, I can't see how a turd disparaging another turd would make any difference... no matter how hard the rub against each other.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »
Well, I can't see how a turd disparaging another turd would make any difference... no matter how hard the rub against each other.

Awww come on, that's taking things a bit too far.    Clinton, Obama, OK but there have been some good guys in there in my lifetime.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 05:20:33 PM »
I didn't particularly like Dubya as a president (although I did vote for him) . . .
I didn't vote for Dubya, I voted against Algore and against John Kerry.

Awww come on, that's taking things a bit too far.    Clinton, Obama, OK but there have been some good guys in there in my lifetime.
"good guys" is plural . . . OK, there's Reagan; not perfect, but respectable.

And . . . ?   ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
I didn't vote for Dubya, I voted against Algore and against John Kerry.

Looks the same on the ballot and to the people counting the votes.

Chris

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 12:46:23 AM »
GW may be a lot of things, but he's not a turd.