Author Topic: Court ruling overturns Net Neutrality, threatens online access, experts warn  (Read 16520 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
The more I think about this, the more I see the shadow of State-Corporate collaboration aimed towards regaining the power of censorship and control of the collective conscious.

Look at the Ukraine situation... the only non-State-controlled media is the Internet.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Look at the Ukraine situation... the only non-State-controlled media is the Internet.

Considering how much domestic coverage there is of the long standing Mexican Civil War (in a BORDERING country) and the potential coming Ukrainian Civil War...  Yea. It might as well be State controlled.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-24/to-save-net-neutrality-think-of-it-as-the-free-trade-internet#r=lr-sr

Great article!

Likens ISP's to countries, and getting data to customers is like international shipping.  Blocking net neutrality is like being pro-tariff. 

Don't you want a tariff-free internet?

Or do you want to go back to AOL and its closed market approach to monopolized content for its users?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!

Got to get those holes closed up before we need them.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
oops!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.