Author Topic: Trouble in Ukraine  (Read 65136 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Trouble in Ukraine
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:14 PM »
It's up to Ukraine to do what they can, should that result in an all out invasion, that *Might* change things.  But given the weak waffle we have in the White House, it's doubtful.

And therein lies the real problem in my opinion.  He is a weakling.  That makes me fear he might do something monumentally stupid just to prove otherwise.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:48:19 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #251 on: May 04, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »
And therein lies the real problem.  He is a weakling.  That makes me fear he might do something monumentally stupid just to prove otherwise.

When people ask me if I think we should act militarily in Ukraine (or anywhere) I tell them that I want no military action, with the current Chief Executive. Or Chief Defective, if you will.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #252 on: May 04, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
One law, prohibiting the spread of "gay propaganda" to children in public. "ZOMG THEY CAN'T TALK ABOUT THEIR SEXUAL CHOICES TO MINORS IN PUBLIC, IT'S LIKE THE INQUISITION!!!!!"

Which has been used to arrest anyone mentioning homosexuality in a non-negative way in a public setting.

Yes. It is like the inquisition.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Re: Re: Trouble in Ukraine
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
So to sum up:  There ain't much we or NATO could do militarily to Russia to stop what they are doing and any attempt to do so simply fills the Butcher's Bill for no gain/good purpose.

Then bring in our geneticists; make up a carefully targeted potato virus and refit some B1s as crop dusters.  When the vodka is all gone, the DTs will make them easier to deal with.