Author Topic: Trouble in Ukraine  (Read 64951 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Trouble in Ukraine
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »
She looks like a scared rabbit.

Relative to most American female policritters she is above average.  And I don't mean just old American female policritters.  Most of ours started off coyote ugly.  A middling example was Bella Abzug.  Google if you dare.  Even her political portrait soft focus shots could curdle milk.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:36 AM »

Not bad except someone should tell her that yellow doesn't look good on red heads  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 01:02:29 PM »
Not bad except someone should tell her that yellow doesn't look good on red heads  ;/

Or she should have stayed her nature brunette color.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
She cleans up very well.

http://images.rcp.realclearpolitics.com/153064_5_.jpg

And she's much more attractive in video talking etc. than she photographs. What might be coming out of her mouth is generally  :P of course.

The whole "I iz seryous professhinal femynst fed.gov wymn" no makeup shtick is part of it too, when one compares her to various models and starlets caught in tabloids without makeup in sweatpants going to Starbucks or whatever. 
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2014, 03:13:56 PM »

A "Gillian Anderson as Agent Scully" knockoff.

It's this part that actually bothers me most:

Throughout the 2008 presidential campaign of U.S. Senator Barack Obama, Psaki served as traveling press secretary.[3] After Obama won the election, Psaki followed Obama to the White House as Deputy Press Secretary and was promoted to Deputy Communications Director on December 19, 2009.[4][5] Psaki left that position on September 22, 2011 to become senior vice president and managing director at the Washington, D. C. office of public relations firm Global Strategy Group.[6][7]

In 2012, Psaki returned to political communications as press secretary for President Obama's 2012 re-election campaign.[8] On February 11, 2013, Psaki became spokesperson for the United States Department of State.[8] Her hiring at the Department of State has fueled speculation that she is likely to replace White House Press Secretary Jay Carney when he leaves the White House.[9]

A willing part of the 0. administration.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:11 PM »
A "Gillian Anderson as Agent Scully" knockoff.    ........   

Hmmmm.   I also thought she looked a lot like Agent Dana Scully.  :cool:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »
Hmmmm.   I also thought she looked a lot like Agent Dana Scully.  :cool:

Ya, but nothing beats the original.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 06:09:54 PM »
Back to the Ukraine pics.  The one with the photog guy with colander on his head would be funny if it were not so serious bidness.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
Serious crackdown, around 10 folks dead 100 injured, numbers likely to go up. Heavy fighting between cops and protesters. http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv/renewed-violence-breaks-out-today-near-ukraines-parliament-at-least-one-injured-336993.html
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:49 PM »
Graphic video of some folks getting their heads caved in once they're on the ground. Don't get isolated from your buddies or bad things happen. No way to know for sure but I'd say two of those cops are not alive anymore. Note the balaclava dude dragging the cop's body off, and at least one non-gov guy with what looked like a double bitted axe. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fec_1392732158

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
Ya, but nothing beats the original.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120717023403/x-files/images/8/8c/Gillian_Anderson_Scully.jpg

She quit dying her hair is back to being a brunette, then now a blonde.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
Tanks are rolling in on their own power now, not on rail cars. APC's used in the big Berkut offensive, BTR-70's maybe? Not up on my armor id anymore.

Edit: pic may be faked, reports on tanks in use are not verified. But the BTR's are definitely in use and on the livestreams.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:37:27 PM by Balog »

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
That'll leave a mark.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:58 PM »
A moving BTR getting ambushed with molotovs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d41cRqLkCk4

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:32 PM »
At least one guy with a real gun and live ammo, cops in retreat, and several more isolated pulled down beaten insensate and stripped of their gear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2q4TaZyKv3Y

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Protesters are getting smart, had a pretty girl who speaks English well narrating a propaganda video. My respect for their competence is growing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2014, 05:03:43 PM »
Protesters are getting smart, had a pretty girl who speaks English well narrating a propaganda video. My respect for their competence is growing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvds2AIiWLA

Very well done propaganda. Cute chick, all the right phrases (freedom, oversimplification of the issues), carefully selected shots of poor innocent bystanders being beaten (no shots of bystanders beating police to death), etc. Only thing missing is dead kids or barring that, a carefully positioned stuffed animal left in the middle of some carnage.

Not saying I disagree with the protestors, just admiring decent skill.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
Very well done propaganda. Cute chick, all the right phrases (freedom, oversimplification of the issues), carefully selected shots of poor innocent bystanders being beaten (no shots of bystanders beating police to death), etc. Only thing missing is dead kids or barring that, a carefully positioned stuffed animal left in the middle of some carnage.

Ayup. Everyone does propaganda, good guys and bad. Much respect for those who do it well.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
Ayup. Everyone does propaganda, good guys and bad. Much respect for those who do it well.

The REALLY interesting part will be whose propaganda requires jumping through hoops on Youtube/Google to view the content.  Then you know what side the powers that be want you to be most exposed to.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:31 PM »

Isn't the CIA behind these revolts  ???   =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:56 PM »
What a hell of a mess. =|
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »
What a hell of a mess. =|

I'm very glad I live in the US, no matter how unhappy I am with our political climate.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »
The sun rises, the fires are still burning, and apparently, some of the rioters have knocked over a small military compound.
Some of them may have acquired automatic weapons and RPGs, but none have appeared yet on the videos/photos.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 03:48:22 AM »
Some wounded cops (not Berkut) were turned over for treatment. Surprised they're still alive. On the other hand, in at least one city the local cops have officially joined the protesters.