Author Topic: How Obama Officials Cried ‘Terrorism’ to Cover Up a Paperwork Error  (Read 2328 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2014/02/no-fly-coverup/

After seven years of litigation, two trips to a federal appeals court and $3.8 million worth of lawyer time, the public has finally learned why a wheelchair-bound Stanford University scholar was cuffed, detained and denied a flight from San Francisco to Hawaii: FBI human error.

FBI agent Kevin Kelley was investigating Muslims in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2004 when he checked the wrong box on a terrorism form, erroneously placing Rahinah Ibrahim on the no-fly list.

What happened next was the real shame. Instead of admitting to the error, high-ranking President Barack Obama administration officials spent years covering it up. Attorney General Eric Holder, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and a litany of other government officials claimed repeatedly that disclosing the reason Ibrahim was detained, or even acknowledging that she’d been placed on a watch list, would cause serious damage to the U.S. national security. Again and again they asserted the so-called “state secrets privilege” to block the 48-year-old woman’s lawsuit, which sought only to clear her name.

The judge wrote:
At long last, the government has conceded that plaintiff poses no threat to air safety or national security and should never have been placed on the no-fly list. She got there by human error within the FBI. This too is conceded. This was no minor human error but an error with palpable impact, leading to the humiliation, cuffing, and incarceration of an innocent and incapacitated air traveler. That it was human error may seem hard to accept — the FBI agent filled out the nomination form in a way exactly opposite from the instructions on the form, a bureaucratic analogy to a surgeon amputating the wrong digit — human error, yes, but of considerable consequence.

Do not click the link and read the statements made by Clapper, Holder, and others unless you want the Red Curtain of Blood to descend upon your vision.

None of these folks or agencies are trustworthy enough to have these powers.  Hell, they are not trustworthy enough to have classification authority.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.

None of these folks or agencies are trustworthy enough to have these powers.  Hell, they are not trustworthy enough to have classification authority.
I wouldn't trust them if they told me July followed June.  :mad:

How utterly low this nation has sunk.......... :'( :'( :mad: :mad: :'( :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Sergeant Bob

• friend
I wouldn't trust them if they told me July followed June.  :mad:

How utterly low this nation has sunk.......... :'( :'( :mad: :mad: :'( :'(

The terrorists have won.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
The terrorists have won.

No, they didn't do anything to us; we did.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
So did the judge take any action or make any rulings?  If not, she accomplished nothing for the plaintiff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
So did the judge take any action or make any rulings?  If not, she accomplished nothing for the plaintiff. 

He ordered them to take her off the list and gave them the standard 30 day suspense to get it done.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
If we have to break a few eggs in the war on terror, so be it. After all, NINE ELEVEN

Hear me?

NINE

ELEVEN

Any abuses, coverups, or drone struck weddings where 30 are killed to bag one turrist, is worth it.

Quiet, citizens
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
He ordered them to take her off the list and gave them the standard 30 day suspense to get it done.
That is pretty small considering they essentially lied nearly the entire case.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
Re: How Obama Officials Cried ‘Terrorism’ to Cover Up a Paperwork Error
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
This crap will stop suddenly when the perps suffer consequences of their actions.  Legal advice was pro bono which means someone else paid.  What price will the perps pay other than a sternly worded memo in their personnel jacket.  Outrageous and consistent.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
This crap will stop suddenly when the perps suffer consequences of their actions.....

I'm sure someone somewhere is taking notes.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

JonnyB

• friend
I'm sure someone somewhere is taking notes.

Henry Bowman, are you listening?
Jon has a long mustache. No, really; he does. Look at that thing!