Author Topic: Cantor losing in his primary  (Read 1327 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Cantor losing in his primary
« on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:18 PM »
Guess joining hands with Obama to sing Kumbaya and amnesty millions of illegals isn't a wise political move. So long sucker.

http://electionresults.virginia.gov/resultsCTY.aspx?type=CON&rid=1&pty=REP&osn=003&map=CTY
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Cantor losing in his primary
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
Cantor outspent his opponent 5-1, and is losing %56 to %43.  >:D

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »
Undoubtedly unrelated...

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/08/cantor-wants-youth-amnesty-deal-with-obama/#ixzz346xtIN8T

GOP Majority Leader Rep. Eric Cantor called for a compromise immigration deal with President Barack Obama during a campaign interview with a local Virginia TV station.

“I have told the president, there are some things we can work on together,” he said in the WTVR interview.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
It's been called with Cantor loosing.

I'm less hopeful for booting out Graham here in SC. As more districts report in he's steadily ticking down, but a ways to go to force a run off.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »
Now I need to look at trammel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Cantor losing in his primary
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 10:52:52 PM »
According to what the estab gopers say when the estab pick wins it is now time for all to get behind the nonestab candidate.   And stab him in the back repeatedly to punish the grass roots.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 11:29:26 PM »
Oh the noes! What if the GOP loses Cantor's seat?!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 12:50:38 AM »
This is, of course, proof that the voters want centrist republicans
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:51:45 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/11/the-only-poll-that-matters/

The survey had Cantor ahead of his opponent, little-known professor David Brat, 62 percent to 28 percent, with 11 percent of voters undecided, according to the Post. It polled 400 likely Republican primary voters on May 27 and 28.

It was supposed to have had a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points. The error, of course, was far larger. (Statistically, this is expected to happen on 1 in 20 surveys.) In the end, it undercounted Brat’s support by about 27 percentage points and overestimated Cantor’s by 17 points. The poll was widely mocked on Twitter.

In an email to National Journal, McLaughlin, whose firm has been paid nearly $75,000 by Cantor’s campaign since 2013, offered several explanations: unexpectedly high turnout, last-minute Democratic meddling, and stinging late attacks on amnesty and immigration.

“Primary turnout was 45,000 2 years ago,” McLaughlin wrote. “This time 65,000. This was an almost 50% increase in turnout.”

Translation: McLaughlin’s estimate of who was a “likely Republican” voter was way, way off the mark. But Cantor’s total number of votes still shrunk, even as the total number of primary voters went up dramatically in 2014. He secured 37,369 primary votes in 2012 and less than 29,000 this year, with 100 percent of precincts reporting.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 06:56:42 PM »
The spinmeisters are already hard at work, claiming that no, GOP voters really, really want illegal immigration reform - they actually WANT effective amnesty for illegals, and Cantor lost for . . . ummm . . . other reasons. That's it, other reasons. Something else.

It doesn't seem to be working - too many people have already come out and said that the main reason Cantor lost was his tacit support of illegal immigration reform. (Unlike the situation when Rick Perry's Presidential campaign tanked as soon as it became more widely known that he supported discounted tuition for illegals in Texas, and considered those who disagreed to be bad people.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-06-11.html

The pro-amnesty crowd -- i.e., everyone except the American people -- promptly lost its collective mind. The amnesty shills went on the attack, insisting that Cantor's historic defeat had nothing to do amnesty. Brat's triumph was touted as simply a victory for the "tea party."

Of course, these are the same people who also try to persuade us that amnesty isn't "amnesty," illegal aliens aren't "illegal aliens" (they're "undocumented workers"!), and that there are 30 million jobs Americans won't do at any price.

In fact, however, the tea party had nothing to do with Brat's victory. Only the small, local tea party groups stand for anything anymore, but they're as different from the media-recognized "tea party" as lay Catholics are from the Catholic bishops.

National tea party groups did not contribute dime one to Brat. Not Freedom Works, not Club for Growth, not the Tea Party Express, not Tea Party Patriots. They were too busy denouncing Sen. Mitch McConnell -- who has consistently voted against amnesty.

As I have been warning you, the big, national tea party groups are mostly shysters and con-men raising money for their own self-aggrandizement. (Today, they're blast-faxing "media availability" notices to television networks claiming credit for Brat's victory.)

On Fox News, Mark Thiessen assured viewers that Brat's victory was not about amnesty at all, but was an expression of the same anti-establishment sentiment we've seen elsewhere this year. He specifically cited Ben Sasse's victory in the Nebraska Senate GOP primary, and Chris McDaniel's forcing incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran into a run-off in Mississippi.

Let's take those:

(1) Ben Sasse was running for an open seat -- there was no "establishment" Republican to defeat.

(2) McDaniel has made his opposition to amnesty the centerpiece of his campaign.

We're 0 for 2, so far. What else you got?

There were, in fact, a couple of tea party challenges this year to so-called "establishment" Republican incumbents such as McConnell and John Cornyn. They both voted against the Schumer-Rubio amnesty. They both won.

That's 0 for 4.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 09:11:03 AM »
He secured 37,369 primary votes in 2012 and less than 29,000 this year, with 100 percent of precincts reporting.

Tale of the tape right there.  KO, Cantor! Next!

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”