Author Topic: Interesting Article  (Read 700 times)

fifth_column

• friend
Interesting Article
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
Something I stumbled across this morning:

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjune14/destructive-presidencies6-14.html

Snippet:

The Big Lie is that this destruction of the foundations of the rule of law and civil liberties is for our own good: if the President and the National Security State don't grab all these powers and deprive you of your constitutional rights, bad guys will destroy the nation.

This is of course the same old tired justification used by dictators and despots everywhere, and it is always a lie. The truth that must be hidden is that this wholesale expansion of executive powers at the expense of civil liberties, democracy, the rule of law and the balance of powers benefits the executive branch.

Every abuse of the law is now declared legal by executive order. Anyone questioning the legality of extra-legal abuses of power is told "this is legal because it was authorized by the President." In other words, executive power is now unquestioned and cannot be challenged.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Interesting Article
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:20:36 AM »
"But trrrsm!!!111!!"
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »
George Bush stated "The turrists hate us for our freedoms" so, he set about taking them away.

Terrorists 1, us 0.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:09:32 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:27:09 AM »
I know we're better off in this country than the average citizen in an islamic state, for example.  My concern is that we have slipped too far down the slope to ever get back up.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht