Author Topic: White House website petition to remove suppressors as an NFA regulated item.  (Read 1173 times)

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

birdman

• friend
Wrong branch of government, as the NFA act would have to be amended.
Also, the White House?  A petition at a Waffle House would probably be just as effective.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Wrong branch of government, as the NFA act would have to be amended.
Also, the White House?  A petition at a Waffle House would probably be just as effective.

Waffle House has demonstrated competency and the ability to act productively in a crisis.  White House, not so much.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

griz

• friend
I signed it.  You're right that the law isn't going to change, but I just want the white house to respond and publish an almost contradictory statement that we need to tax people who want to spend money to reduce noise.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MicroBalrog

• friend
These petitions come up every few months. They don't even gather a big enough number of signatures to get a reply.

For this to even have enough steam to gather the signatures (which they won't, and which will accomplish little), we'd need to have several big gun/conservative/libertarian bloggers to post it on their blogs (think Instapundit or something, but not just him - a dozen or two of the big bloggers doing it at once) - and then maybe it'll get 100,000 signatures.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
These petitions come up every few months. They don't even gather a big enough number of signatures to get a reply.

For this to even have enough steam to gather the signatures (which they won't, and which will accomplish little), we'd need to have several big gun/conservative/libertarian bloggers to post it on their blogs (think Instapundit or something, but not just him - a dozen or two of the big bloggers doing it at once) - and then maybe it'll get 100,000 signatures.

I agree with MB on this.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
I signed one of those 'white house petitions' once. The only thing it accomplished was to get me on a spam mailer list. I have to admit, that hitting the 'report spam' button on an email coming from 'barack obama' is satisfying on some level.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama