Author Topic: Detroit Police Chief Credits Armed Citizens for Drop in Crime.  (Read 850 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I guess he won't be getting tickets to the annual police chiefs ball anymore. Nice to see at least one big city police chief speak positively about armed citizens.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/detroit-police-chief-says-armed-citizens-are-curbi/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Stand_watie

• friend
Re: Detroit Police Chief Credits Armed Citizens for Drop in Crime.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
Think about what he's faced with. I doubt this fellow will ever be a Republican or a Libertarian, but he needs help if he wants to reduce the crime rate, and seeing that armed citizens are his best hope is obvious to probably 40% of Americans and maybe as many as 10% of police chiefs.

I was optimistic earlier this year, when the armed homeowners who fired on home invaders were not threatened publicly by Detroit police spokespersons. I think he's the best Chief (regarding self defense) Detroiter's could possibly hope for absent a huge demographic shift.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 10:53:40 PM »
He was here in Cincinnati for a few years and was very pro self defense even then. He caused a little bit if controversy when he didn't get OPOTA certified so he could carry a firearm while on the job.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »
I guess he won't be getting tickets to the annual police chiefs ball anymore.

For a Police Chief, that really is something. Most of them seem to be as politically correct as possible in hopes of moving their career into a bigger, higher profile market (NY, CHicago, LA).

In Milwaukee county, the Sheriff, at least,  is cut from the same cloth. Except here, he seems to take great joy in poking a stick into liberals' eyes at any chance he gets  >:D 
https://www.google.com/#q=sheriff+david+clarke+public+service+announcement&revid=-1
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 03:46:48 PM »
Detroit has a freakishly large number of justified homicides.  I don't know why.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
Detroit has a freakishly large number of justified homicides.  I don't know why.

When I read this:

Chief Craig said, however, that he doesn’t think gun ownership deters criminals from attacking other criminals.

I was thinking that he was thinking this is a feature, not a bug.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama