Author Topic: Coal miners union learn elections have consequences  (Read 2663 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Coal miners union learn elections have consequences
« on: August 04, 2014, 04:18:16 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/02/coal-miners-union-in-full-revolt-after-supporting-obama-in-2008/

Sadly, I doubt they'll learn their lesson. Have fun voting yourselves out of a job, morons.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Coal miners union learn elections have consequences
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »
Roberts and other UMWA members were arrested Thursday marching through Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, towards the federal building where the Environmental Protection Agency was holding field hearings for a new rule that could very well force more coal mines and plants to shut down.
Curious what they were actually arrested for.  Strange that it wasn't specified in either article.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »
Oh well. *expletive deleted*it happens. It happens more often if your stupid!
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
Curious what they were actually arrested for.  Strange that it wasn't specified in either article.
There was another link in the article that said they were arrested for civil disobedience.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »
What's that line about giving them what they asked for "good and hard"?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
Last page of that article said they were arrested for obstructing the sidewalk.

Unions and the EPA in the same place? Where's an asteroid when you need one?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »
One can only hope the pissed off union goons show up much better armed next time  [popcorn]

IDeally the goons and statist enforces will annihilate eachother.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
One can only hope the pissed off union goons show up much better armed next time  [popcorn]

IDeally the goons and statist enforces will annihilate eachother.

Unions vs EPA is like a domestic Iran vs Iraq. Now if we can just get the DEA involved somehow...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 09:27:26 PM »
Unions vs EPA is like a domestic Iran vs Iraq. Now if we can just get the DEA involved somehow...

Throw TSA in for good measure.

What's that line about giving them what they asked for "good and hard"?

HL Mencken-  Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. 

Dulce et decorum

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »
Obama has been talking about shutting down coal plants for a while.  What was their excuse in 2012?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Coal miners union learn elections have consequences
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »
Yeah they are getting what they asked for good and hard.  They need some cheese to go wigh their whine.

Ftr i am more sympathetic towards unions representing folks who do dangerous hard work.  And mining is all that.  Govt unions and seiu and the like can all diaf for all i care.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:15 PM »
Yeah they are getting what they asked for good and hard.  They need some cheese to go wigh their whine.

Ftr i am more sympathetic towards unions representing folks who do dangerous hard work.  And mining is all that.  Govt unions and seiu and the like can all diaf for all i care.

I'm happy the union idiots are going to feel the effects of their blind support of Democrats, however, we'll all be feeling it too.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »
I'm happy the union idiots are going to feel the effects of their blind support of Democrats, however, we'll all be feeling it too.

Yeppers.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »

Totally agree.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
There was another link in the article that said they were arrested for civil disobedience.

They were arrested because they were not obedient.  I suspect many of us here might be at risk.  I know I am . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
Obama has been talking about shutting down coal plants for a while.  What was their excuse in 2012?

I guess they weren't listening in January 2008 when Obama said this in a TV interview: "So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can — it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they are going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted."

It's not like they weren't warned.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »
Wonder if ol' Mike Day would like a copy of the that picture sent to him as a reminder....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.