Author Topic: Bernie Herpin request for re-election donations.  (Read 5736 times)

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Bernie Herpin request for re-election donations.
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »

Don't know if this is appropriate here, but I got a solicitation for a donation to his campaign.  The name rang a bell, so I was going to ask about him here.  But I did a little research to refresh my rusty memory.

He's the guy who defeated former Colorado Senate President John Morse in the recall elections last year, and removed him from office in District 11.  
This made a big splash, even nationally, and Herpin filled out Morse's term until the next election,  which will be in November.  (Colorado Senator Angela Giron from District 3 was also recalled in that same recalled election.)

Anyhow, he's running against a Bloomberg-supported, hence leftist (any arguments here?),  candidate for Colorado Legislature District 11.

So I'm going to throw a couple of bucks in his direction.  I also expect to send some $ to the opponent of the Democratically-appointed replacement for Evie Hudak, who was forced to resign (by the party) under threat of another recall election.  Even though I don't live in that district.

If you are in District 3, you might check out whomever the conservative (yeah, I know) candidate is there.  I haven't researched that race as of yet.  But if you live there, you can.

Yeah, I know, there are bigger elections looming, like for Colorado Governor, not to mention the Presidency, but let's remember one thing...

"All politics is local."

Let's also remember that campaign contributions are strictly regulated, and if you decide to contribute in any campaign, do it properly, through the candidate's website, or by contacting the candidate's headquarters directly.  You will have to reveal your personal information, which was a big stumbling block for me, personally, but I bit the bullet and did it anyhow.

Respectfully submitted,

Terry

REFs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Herpin

http://bernieherpin.com/

Bernie.Herpin

Re: Bernie Herpin request for re-election donations.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »
Thank you for the post and suggestion.  I am a founding member of the Pikes Peak Firearms Coalition, past president and current treasurer.  In my first session, I was co-prime sponsor on bill to repeal the 15 round magazine limit, which was killed in committee on a party line vote.  Was also sponsor on several other pro-rights bills, all died in committee on party line vote.

My opponent was Bloomberg's Colorado point man for Mayor Against [ALL] Guns and stated he intended to pick up where Morse (the recalled senate president) left off.

He is being supported by unions and Colorado Cease Fire - a radical anti-gun group.

Any donation (max of $400 from individuals or PACs) would be greatly appreciated and will help us get our message out.

You can donate on-line at www.bernieherpin.com or mail to:

Bernie Herpin for SD-11
PO Box 76521
Colorado Springs, CO 80970

Thank you,

Bernie

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 04:04:03 PM »
Oh man, I love a Google alerts thread.

Welcome aboard Bernie. Good luck getting elected and undoing the hot mess that is CO gun laws.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »
"The check's in the mail."

C'mon, guys, let's show those uppity urbanite latte-drinkers who's the boss here in Colorado!

Terry, 230RN

230RN

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
I forgot to add Mr. Herpin's campaign donation URL:

Donations page:
http://bernieherpin.com/donate/

Terry, 230RN