Author Topic: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!  (Read 82796 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

This one was particularly... something for me. I can't quite say ironic, or even puzzling since I'm not confused, perhaps emblematic?

In any case, the er... gentleman in this gif is attacking an installation that is likely only to be used by the low-income people in the area. No one who could remotely be imagined as an "oppressor" will suffer from the destruction of this bus stop. Yet here it is.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »
The fact that they looted rims from an auto store and hair weave from a beauty salon probably doesn't help the stereotypes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
Fleeing felon rule
It used to be if someone ran away from an officer, since only the truly depraved would reject civil authority in such a manner, they must be a fleeing dangerous felon, best shot as one would a rabid dog.  
But since we no longer maintain the fiction of law enforcement being sterling principles of the law and order... We generally don't trust their say so with capital punishment.
I credit both the move of political power to more diverse and less isolated segments of society and the increase of ease for information transfer.  
Like many changes in society, its worth remembering those old folks in the greatest positions of power remember how things used to be and are generally unimpressed with the cries for justice raised over what is frankly a huge improvement over what they started with.  
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
When you wonder what the "community organizing" that Obama did was, it's this sort of thing.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »
In a news conference Sunday morning, Belmar, the county police chief, said the Ferguson officer had an encounter with two “individuals” about noon Saturday and that Brown pushed the officer back into his car and “assaulted” him in the vehicle.

Belmar said one shot was fired by the officer’s gun inside the car during the struggle, hitting no one, and that the officer then fired ....

So the top cop either is saying that guns are sentinent beings that can act of their own volition, or that this was a documented accidental (mechanical malfunction) discharge as opposed to a negligent discharge.  Dare I seek the hive's take on which possibility it might be?

(OK, that last sentence is sarcasm.  I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Well now we're really above the fold. We displaced the white racecar driver fiasco. Now the whole world can see my neighbors striking a blow for racial justice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
Well now we're really above the fold. We displaced the white racecar driver fiasco. Now the whole world can see my neighbors striking a blow for racial justice.

To briefly channel Tallpine, you're certainly topping the Grudge Report.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 04:20:38 PM »
Any chance that there's a bunch of Korean owned businesses in the riot area?
jeff w

I like onions!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2014, 04:30:14 PM »

We've already got fistful and his .45 on station. What more do we need?  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:41 PM »
So the top cop either is saying that guns are sentinent beings that can act of their own volition, or that this was a documented accidental (mechanical malfunction) discharge as opposed to a negligent discharge.  Dare I seek the hive's take on which possibility it might be?
If someone tries to take your gun away from you and in the process it goes off, I don't think it would really fall under either mechanical failure or negligence on your part.  Honestly, without good video of who and what caused the gun to fire in the initial altercation, I'm not sure I can really criticize that portion of the Chief's statement.  He doesn't have any clue who was specifically responsible for the bullet being fired.  All he knows is that a shot was fired from the cop's gun during the struggle for control of the weapon and says as much.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
If someone tries to take your gun away from you and in the process it goes off, I don't think it would really fall under either mechanical failure or negligence on your part.  Honestly, without good video of who and what caused the gun to fire in the initial altercation, I'm not sure I can really criticize that portion of the Chief's statement.  He doesn't have any clue who was specifically responsible for the bullet being fired.  All he knows is that a shot was fired from the cop's gun during the struggle for control of the weapon and says as much.

Then it wopuld have been "one shot was fired FROM the officer's gun inside the car ...."  Even you say that, as opposed to a shot was fired by the officer's gun.

Or how about "We believe one shot may have been fired inside the car during a possible struggle for control of the weapon"?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 07:38:32 PM »
Fleeing felon rule
It used to be if someone ran away from an officer, since only the truly depraved would reject civil authority in such a manner, they must be a fleeing dangerous felon, best shot as one would a rabid dog.  
But since we no longer maintain the fiction of law enforcement being sterling principles of the law and order... We generally don't trust their say so with capital punishment.
I credit both the move of political power to more diverse and less isolated segments of society and the increase of ease for information transfer.  
Like many changes in society, its worth remembering those old folks in the greatest positions of power remember how things used to be and are generally unimpressed with the cries for justice raised over what is frankly a huge improvement over what they started with.  

Some states still allow for shooting fleeing felons by non-police.  I don't know if Missouri is one of them.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »
SO, in the middle east we have ISIS (Islamic Savages Involved in Slaughter).
Now, in our own Midwest we have ISIM (Ignorant Savages Igniting Missouri)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »

From the link in my OP:
Jimmy Muhammad, 32, said he and his colleagues had just fended off a gang of masked young men with guns who tried to break into his uncle's store, United Mart, in the 10300 block of West Florissant. The front door was shattered.

"It's bad," said Muhammad, still gripping a pistol. Sirens blasted from all the police vehicles speeding by to other crime scenes. "I don't blame the police, but they can't keep up."

Silas Chung, 53, didn't get to his small store, Up N Up Fashion, in the 11600 block of West Florissant, soon enough to defend it.

Here's a shot of some people "defending their store," but I'm pretty sure there was no rioting anywhere near them.  ;/
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/armed-guards-at-strip-mall-save-north-st-louis-businesses-from-looters/
To be fair, though, Florissant's not that far away, which is why my wife is not going to her Zoomba class there, tonight. 

This place, I don't know where it is.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/11/when-missouri-looting-broke-out-these-men-did-what-they-had-to-do-to-protect-their-store/

I haven't seen or heard anything in my neighborhood, and thankfully I have no need to go to Ferguson. We usually only go there for the restaurants and custard joints. I'm not sure I even want to do that, anymore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
It appears Eric Holder is now launching an investigation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 08:30:08 PM »
We've already got fistful and his .45 on station. What more do we need?  =D

You must be outside yo mind.

fistful and his fo-five are staying on this side of I-70 for a while, thank you very much.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »
You must be outside yo mind.

fistful and his fo-five are staying on this side of I-70 for a while, thank you very much.

I think the Reginald Denny thing was the beginning of the end for the l.a. riots...so you should leave your fo-five behind and drive down there right away.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »
I think the Reginald Denny thing was the beginning of the end for the l.a. riots...so you should leave your fo-five behind and drive down there right away.

I think that that's the coldest thing I've ever read here.

Kudos sir,you win! =D
jeff w

I like onions!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »
I think that that's the coldest thing I've ever read here.

Kudos sir,you win! =D

He has broad shoulders for carrying the abuse. He can take it and serve it back with a smile. Some days he makes msnbc hosts job look easy.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 12:03:03 AM »
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/11/video-protester-justifies-the-looting-in-ferguson/

A secret society runs St.Louis.Good to know.

I wanted to eat at the McDonalds moored along the Arch.I expect that that's the HQ for the Society and I'll never get my cheeseburgers now.
*sigh*I don't know the handshake.
jeff w

I like onions!

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 12:09:35 AM »

Language is telling. The chief has a clue. I'm betting it just not in his favor.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 01:10:58 AM »
Read the "boy" was 6 3 and 300 pounds
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/11/video-protester-justifies-the-looting-in-ferguson/

Private enterprise collects taxes for The Man so stop private enterprise and The Man will have  to shut down due to lack of money to pay its goons.

At leasst that's what I think he was trying to get at.  Might just be private enterprise = The Man = a secret cabal designed to put down the black man again.

What I do know for sure is that my head hurts from listening to him, and hurts even more trying to figure out what his point is.

But he does get points for using his polite conversation voice, as opposed to his screaming rant voice.

stay safe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Woo-hoo - we made the Drudge Report!
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 07:36:49 AM »
This might have been a good shoot where i live.  Like all homicides it would go to the grand jury.  Prosecutor could be more or less enthusiastic and influence the grand jury.

The current display of vibrancy by the shot mans neighbors is sure to increase property values and attract investment.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton