Author Topic: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US  (Read 145921 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2021, 09:33:02 PM »
This thread was very interesting to go back through in light of the COVID...thank God we didn’t have an Ebola outbreak can you imagine the insanity???

Very interesting thread to bring back from the dead. I had certainly forgotten about it. Bedlamite was a bit prescient on page one already.

I'm waiting for something like this to pop up in India or China.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2021, 10:04:47 PM »
Covid has been a quite useful tool to gauge who can be on your pandemic team and who just needs to get shot as soon as they are in range like a zulu.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2021, 10:26:01 PM »
Can you imagine the insanity if that outbreak would have happened during the Trump admin?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2021, 10:43:22 PM »
IIRC, Marburg was actually airborne... Most of the "local" bugs required spray for contamination. I suspect that if we had had an actual pandemic, we would have seen actual quarantines, instead of the play-acting that we got.

During the first part of the "two weeks to flatten," I actually saw mass transit buses dropping off workers at local healthcare places. WIth long-term care patients. And then driving on to their next stop on their normal route.
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
I see I've been spreading my special type of sunshine for longer than I thought.

The Bush/Obama years broke me  :laugh:

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #705 on: April 30, 2021, 08:12:17 AM »
I don't think that Marburg is an airborne virus -- it's spread by direct contact with infected body fluids
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #706 on: April 30, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »
Can you imagine the insanity if that outbreak would have happened during the Trump admin?
I imagine the media would have had actual heart attacks on the air. 

However, I doubt Trump would have transported ebola patients back to the US and put them in a hospital in the middle of a major city that wasn't really set up to handle it.  I think Obama was trying to start a crisis.   If it was a distraction, I don't remember what else was happening at that time. 

Which was the Chinese virus that got into the US during the Obama years?  (Swine flu?)  It didn't spread like COVID, but it was a serious outbreak and the media never really got the vapors over it like COVID. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #707 on: April 30, 2021, 07:58:13 PM »
I imagine the media would have had actual heart attacks on the air. 

However, I doubt Trump would have transported ebola patients back to the US and put them in a hospital in the middle of a major city that wasn't really set up to handle it.  I think Obama was trying to start a crisis.   If it was a distraction, I don't remember what else was happening at that time. 

Which was the Chinese virus that got into the US during the Obama years?  (Swine flu?)  It didn't spread like COVID, but it was a serious outbreak and the media never really got the vapors over it like COVID.

Yeah, manbirdpig flu about ten years ago.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #708 on: May 01, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »
IIRC, Marburg was actually airborne... Most of the "local" bugs required spray for contamination. I suspect that if we had had an actual pandemic, we would have seen actual quarantines, instead of the play-acting that we got.

During the first part of the "two weeks to flatten," I actually saw mass transit buses dropping off workers at local healthcare places. WIth long-term care patients. And then driving on to their next stop on their normal route.

Mass transit is probably the real super spreader, "they're" not going to tell us tho.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #709 on: May 01, 2021, 04:19:35 PM »
   Mass transit is probably the real super spreader, "they're" not going to tell us tho.

The elites don't ride mass transit so that's not their problem
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes