Author Topic: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US  (Read 146326 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« Reply #575 on: October 30, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »
All that matter is can they get a judge to sign their order.
Shes already made 2governors her $)(;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #576 on: October 31, 2014, 04:35:14 AM »
I don't wish the woman any ill will but I'd laugh my ass off if she came down with Ebola.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #577 on: October 31, 2014, 06:53:05 AM »
I like how the President states that if we force these people to be quarantined they won't go help.  But they aren't being forced to go help so if you want to help step up and play nice for 21 days.

I mean the President is ordering as of now I believe 4000 troops to the region and they will be forced to be quarantined for the 21 days.  I know damn well that more than not of those troops want to go.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #578 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:35 AM »
Today's strip @ http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/

Ouch!

I'm still not sure where I stand on this specific case but fanning the flames of casual airborne contamination?  Mabe "just a bit" too much.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #579 on: October 31, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
I don't have the medical knowledge to make an informed statement on if making her stay in a quarantine facility was right or wrong. However, refusing to "stay at home for 21 days and we'll pay you to do it"? Sorry, at this point she's just an ass who wants fifteen minutes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #580 on: October 31, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »
I don't have the medical knowledge to make an informed statement on if making her stay in a quarantine facility was right or wrong. However, refusing to "stay at home for 21 days and we'll pay you to do it"? Sorry, at this point she's just an ass who wants fifteen minutes.

And in the state of our society, this makes anything voluntary akin to Ebola roulette. We've reached the point where individual narcissism is a foil to public health policy.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

• friends
« Reply #581 on: October 31, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
Interesting . She's stayed away from other folks at home. What has she actually done other than make 2 governors back off and obey the law? If you were bitching about the doctor you might have a case but oddly the nurse seems to generate more butt hurt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #582 on: October 31, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »
So what if she is in a collision with a car while riding her bike during this period and let us say there is blood?

If she is infected she is then putting at risk any first responders and good Samaritans who may be exposed to her blood.  

Unlikely? Yes

Impossible? No
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #583 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »

Or is she a staunch libertarian fighting against illogical governmental restrictions, and is doing so by confrontation and pushing the envelope while remaining within the boundaries of the law?  Again, kind of like Open Carry Texas carrying their Tapco ARs into Chipotle?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #584 on: October 31, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
Or like the folks who TALK about doing something about the tsa

• friends
« Reply #585 on: October 31, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #586 on: October 31, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
Or is she a staunch libertarian fighting against illogical governmental restrictions, and is doing so by confrontation and pushing the envelope while remaining within the boundaries of the law?  Again, kind of like Open Carry Texas carrying their Tapco ARs into Chipotle?

I'm surprised you'd think quarantines are illogical .gov restrictions.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #587 on: October 31, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »
She has due process and used it. Not to be confused with talking about using it, someday, maybe

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #588 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
I'm surprised you'd think quarantines are illogical .gov restrictions.

I do not, if they are supported by objective clinical criteria based upon the best available knowledge at the time.  This mishmash of criteria used by differing jurisdictions for this event do not seem to have such a basis.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #589 on: October 31, 2014, 02:06:17 PM »
You see how folks in the uk are reacting? It's embarrassing

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #590 on: October 31, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »
Apparently Hickox is a CDC employee.

http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2014/10/oopsie-pres-obolas-sticky-fingerprints.html

So they don't want immigration controls, they don't want quarantine, they send the 101'st into an Ebola zone, and now want to bring Ebola patients into the US for treatment, and still have no idea how nurse Pham got infected.

Any one of these is dumb. Together, it almost sounds like they want Ebola here, with some sort of excuse to fall back on like it was an "unexpected" tragic event no one could have foreseen..

When stupidity goes exponential, it is indistinguishable from malice.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #591 on: October 31, 2014, 04:01:03 PM »
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:04:41 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #592 on: October 31, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »
And now the Maine CDC reports Hickox's roommate had Ebola.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #593 on: October 31, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
And?
“The respondents roommate in Africa became infected without knowing how she became infected with Ebola. (Any potential risk to respondent from that incident has passed).”  This is one of 35 points Pinette made while filing a verified petition for public health order yesterday with the state.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Re: Re: Re: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« Reply #594 on: October 31, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
I like how the President states that if we force these people to be quarantined they won't go help.  But they aren't being forced to go help so if you want to help step up and play nice for 21 days.

I mean the President is ordering as of now I believe 4000 troops to the region and they will be forced to be quarantined for the 21 days.  I know damn well that more than not of those troops want to go.
IANAE, but if a large group of people are all possibly exposed at roughly the same time, then all quarantined together, don't the odds say that at least one of those people were exposed and the close proximity to others because of the quarantine makes it easier for all to catch it?  Is this a government anti-military conspiracy?  (this is only partially tongue-in-cheek. )

Sent from my Note 3, now that the criminal Motorola Droid X2 has been "retired."
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #595 on: October 31, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »

Her boyfriend said in an interview that they aren't seeking to push any limits.

What a dweeb. She's not doing anything BUT push the limits. That town in Maine is a small, close-knit community of only 4000 people. And it's not part of a larger "greater metropolitan area," unless trees count as metropolitan. She's receiving death threats from her neighbors, which is very unMaine-like. That should be her first clue.

But ... "there are none so blind as those who will not see." Clues are wasted on the clueless.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Re: Re: Ebola: first case has been confirmed in the US
« Reply #596 on: October 31, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
IANAE, but if a large group of people are all possibly exposed at roughly the same time, then all quarantined together, don't the odds say that at least one of those people were exposed and the close proximity to others because of the quarantine makes it easier for all to catch it?

Ya think?

I have to wonder how many of the Ebola patients over there started out with something much tamer like Lassa or even a simple rhinovirus, but got dumped into the quarantine camp based on a cough and fever.  Being immune compromised already, it's pretty much a safe bet that they all have Ebola after a few days sharing a tent and facilities with the ones who are already spewing from both ends.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #597 on: October 31, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Let me break it the *expletive deleted* ck down. Despite the insistence of certain folk on the internet and the incompetent CDC, Ebola is spread too easily for my comfort plus it's still a rather deadly disease. Ms. Special Snowflake and those of similar mindset are risking the health of others because they are attention whores and self-righteous idiots. Quarantine their dumb asses.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #598 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »
Your comfort over the rule of law?  How's that work? I think it's hilarious watching the same folk who think tsa is de debil are so willing to lean the other way here.
Wasn't there some noise about not sacrificing liberty for safety?
Heck they killed 3000 folks with planes we are still at 0 dead Americans 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #599 on: October 31, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Your comfort over the rule of law?  How's that work? I think it's hilarious watching the same folk who think tsa is de debil are so willing to lean the other way here.
Wasn't there some noise about not sacrificing liberty for safety?
Heck they killed 3000 folks with planes we are still at 0 dead Americans 

No less ironic than you arguing against more statism....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”