Author Topic: Reacher series on Prime  (Read 2809 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Reacher series on Prime
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
In hindsight? Why did this viewer like the series?

The dialog.
Blog under construction

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 10:46:40 AM »
In hindsight? Why did this viewer like the series?

The dialog.

Reacher: An assignment? I thought I was not... by employment, appearance, or lifestyle choice... a cop anymore.

Finlay: Well, shows you how desperate I am. So be smart, don't break the law, and promise me you won't end up in another holding cell.

Reacher [deadpan]: No. (turns and walks away)

Brad
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:00:53 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2023, 04:42:24 PM »
REACHER Season 2 - Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI

I would have preferred they keep the stories smaller scale, but I am sure it will be entertaining.   I really like that actor as Reacher. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2023, 05:25:10 PM »
REACHER Season 2 - Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI

I would have preferred they keep the stories smaller scale, but I am sure it will be entertaining.   I really like that actor as Reacher.

Yeah, IMO, this is one of the 1 out of 100 Amazon Originals that they get pretty right. I liked last season, and am looking forward to this season.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2023, 05:31:07 PM »
Season 2 is supposedly based on book 11, Bad Luck and Trouble. It's been many years since I read it, but I recall enjoying it.

I wasn't hyped on Alan Ritchson based on the initial Season 1 trailers. Those doubts faded once I started watching. I think he's perfectly cast.

It'll be interesting if they've found a supporting cast as good as Willa Fitzgerald and Malcom Goodwin. The three had good chemistry.

Brad
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 10:03:34 AM by Brad Johnson »
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2023, 02:32:30 PM »
Okayfine - I don't care how badass you are, and how wimpy the guy with it is... That many hits with a crowbar has got to do some major damage.

Hit him enough to knock him out and be bleeding profusely,  yet be unbruised when showering a few minutes later?

JN01

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2023, 03:29:17 PM »
Hit him enough to knock him out and be bleeding profusely,  yet be unbruised when showering a few minutes later?

He ain't got time to bruise.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2023, 02:41:55 PM »
My wife and I had been thinking about dropping Prime since the price keeps going up and delivery to our place is still at pandemic crawl. We moved the MIL to the small city my wife works in last Christmas and have been using her address, 20 miles away, for delivery and it gets there like two days sooner and she even gets weekend deliveries. So, we kept it.

We have been waiting for this to come back.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2023, 09:50:50 AM »
I was thinking of dropping prime simply because I don't order Amazon stuff near as often as I used to so the shipping savings may not add up (not to mention their attempt at Lord of the Rings).  I need to check my watchlist first.  There are probably items I never finished.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2023, 08:01:02 AM »
Season 2 dropped today. I just rewatched season 1 this week, and have to reiterate what I said earlier in this thread: This is one of the few "Amazon Originals" they get right. When I can get down to the minutia of complaining about "light bullets and subsonic"  vs complaining about having woke crap and trannies injected every three minutes, these days, I'm happy.

Lets hope season 2 is as "non-woke" as season 1.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2023, 10:30:03 AM »
I intended to watch the first episode last night.  I ended up watching all three that were released.  Seems to continue the attitude and unapologetic violence of the the first season.  I like it so far.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2023, 03:04:32 PM »
Ugh. Last season they dropped everything at once. Now it appears to be one a week after the first three. I might wait a couple of weeks to start watching. I've gotten spoiled from the whole season dropping at once. Waiting for an episode a week is soooo 2000's.  :laugh:

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2023, 12:46:51 AM »
Watching the first couple episodes now.

Henchman... "She checked in under the name Sarah Connor. Who's that?"

Robert Patrick's character "... I don't give a *expletive deleted*it."

SWMBO and I... HUGE Lol!

Brad
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2023, 09:38:35 AM »
Watching the first couple episodes now.

Henchman... "She checked in under the name Sarah Connor. Who's that?"

Robert Patrick's character "... I don't give a *expletive deleted*it."

SWMBO and I... HUGE Lol!

Brad

I missed that line.  Dangit.  Lots of other good one liners though.  Liked the one where Reacher complained about his room being ransacked and his toothbrush being broken in two.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2023, 08:28:52 AM »
Well, I couldn't hold out for all the episodes to drop. The first three have been good. That Sarah Conner bit was great.  :laugh:

I've been doing good about not nitpicking gun stuff, but man, that episode 3 scene where he "rents" pistols from the pawnshop in NJ or NY, wherever he was at the time, was over the top. He should have just beat up some more drug dealers if he wanted some throwaway gats.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2023, 11:28:24 AM »
Well, I couldn't hold out for all the episodes to drop. The first three have been good. That Sarah Conner bit was great.  :laugh:

I've been doing good about not nitpicking gun stuff, but man, that episode 3 scene where he "rents" pistols from the pawnshop in NJ or NY, wherever he was at the time, was over the top. He should have just beat up some more drug dealers if he wanted some throwaway gats.

Or gone to PA, or VT or wherever to buy them (note, don't know those states laws, the waiting periods and purchase limitations especially)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2024, 08:46:33 PM »
I just finished Season 2. I liked it. The final episode seemed a little rushed to me. It was only 42 minutes, so I guess they had to scrunch everything together.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2024, 12:19:27 AM »
I just watched the first 2 episodes of season 1.  I like it.  I wish they would leave out technical bullshit that they get totally wrong (like 95 grain 9mm being subsonic) but that's my only complaint so far.  I can live with that.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2024, 01:12:27 AM »
I just watched the first 2 episodes of season 1.  I like it.  I wish they would leave out technical bullshit that they get totally wrong (like 95 grain 9mm being subsonic) but that's my only complaint so far.  I can live with that.

Everybody know the bullets have to be bigger than 100 grains to be supersonic. Whattsammatta wit youse?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2024, 10:07:14 PM »
I finished season 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard that season 2 sucks; was produced during the writer's strike and maybe AI wrote the script.  They also said the first 3 episodes were okay but went steadily downhill after that and overall was terrible.  (nothing but overused tropes)  This was on Reddit, but everyone in the thread seemed to agree with that.  Is season 2 worth starting?
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2024, 12:49:57 AM »
I finished season 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard that season 2 sucks; was produced during the writer's strike and maybe AI wrote the script.  They also said the first 3 episodes were okay but went steadily downhill after that and overall was terrible.  (nothing but overused tropes)  This was on Reddit, but everyone in the thread seemed to agree with that.  Is season 2 worth starting?

I decided to chance it.  It's not as good as season 1, but I'm enjoying it.  I just finished episode 4 and the reviews I've read said it had gone to *expletive deleted*it by now.  Some of the dialog is overly-repetitive, ("Did I ever tell you how smart you are, Neagley?") and that's one of the things the bad reviews said but I think that's a poor attempt at a running gag.  And it might even be an intentionally poor attempt because it's from Reacher's perspective.  They also say "You don't mess with the Special Investigators" too much.  It was good seeing Finlay again in a cameo.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2024, 01:01:08 PM »
They could have done without the campfire bonding bs...  And I loved the opener at the ATM...
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2024, 02:47:20 PM »
I didn't finish season 2.  Not out of any real dislike, it just didn't hold my interest enough to turn it back on after episode three or four.  Not BAD per se, just not good enough to bother watching.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2024, 12:52:52 PM »
I would give Season 1 a solid A, and Season 2 a B.  Both better than half the garbage on TV.  One better than 2.

(Justfied was an A+ series, IMHO, for point of reference.)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark