Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 388191 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1925 on: January 24, 2021, 04:00:32 PM »
In southwestern Illinois, most prices are around $2.499/gal for regular and have been there for about 2 weeks.
Looking at stlouisgasprices.com, St. Louis City has prices running $2.079 - $2.199 depending on location.  Oddly enough, about 2 weeks ago, prices in St. Louis County were lower (by $.05-.15) than in the city but are now ranging from $2.069 - $2.259/gal.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1926 on: March 07, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »
Prices have been hard on the move for the last couple of weeks all across the US. I saw yesterday that the national average is now $2.70 a gallon for unleaded. It's hit $2.75 at the Citgo near my house.

Seeing a lot of people clammoring about how this is Biden's doing... well, it's not. At least most of it's not. But what could come later? Yeah, he'll have a big hand in continuing higher prices if he continues to clamp down on drilling and exploration. As I've continually said, the Democrats are in full punish the American people with outlandish energy prices because they had the audacity to prove the great and glorious Jesusbama wrong... we COULD drill our way to lower gas prices.

And now you've got the chief Saudi oil minister taunting the US that our shale oil industry can no longer wield the hammer that it did over the last decade. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-04/saudis-bet-drill-baby-drill-is-over-in-push-for-pricier-oil

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1927 on: March 10, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
Filled up for $2.599. While biden can't take all the blame for the recent price increases he's certainly doing all he can to make them even higher.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1928 on: March 10, 2021, 02:14:50 PM »
Because I do mainly diesel that is what I look at.

In my little burg diesel was 2.85 if you paid cash or debit. In Las Vegas I saw it for as much as 3.09 yesterday but most were 3.03.

You can add 10 cents per gallon for credit.

Regular Unleaded in town was 2.69 cash price.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1929 on: March 10, 2021, 02:25:03 PM »
Holy crap, it feels like CA here. $2.94 at the local station when I filled up this morning. I can't remember the last time I broke $50 for a fill up. The Costco is $2.75. Most of the area seems to be $2.90ish.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1930 on: March 10, 2021, 06:52:27 PM »
Murphy's gas here is still on the low side at $2.43 for 10%, $2.93 for non-ethanol. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1931 on: March 11, 2021, 07:10:05 AM »
The Citgo near my house has always been on the low side for my immediate area... it's still sitting at $2.75.

The Sunoco around the corner is at $2.77.

The Shell across the street from the Sunoco is at $2.84... BUT! They participate in a rewards points program with the local grocery chain. Right now I can get 40 cents off a gallon. After my shopping trip Saturday that should be 60 cents off a gallon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #1932 on: March 12, 2021, 01:34:14 PM »
$2.54 here in central Ky.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1933 on: March 12, 2021, 02:21:18 PM »
Seems to be running about $2.65 in the KC metro.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1934 on: March 12, 2021, 02:31:07 PM »
I had to tank up this morning, so I only saved 40 cents a gallon. Brought the price down to $2.449 a gallon.

Still hurt to see that meter click past $30...

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1935 on: March 12, 2021, 03:25:38 PM »
$2.60 south of KC. It was about $55 to fill the truck yesterday.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1936 on: March 12, 2021, 08:30:00 PM »
About a week ago, prices in this area of IL-ANNOY just east of St. Louis rose almost $0.40/gal to $2.999.  :O
Two days afterwards, there was a news story that we might see prices at $3/gal by April.
  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1937 on: March 17, 2021, 12:08:10 AM »
$2.699 locally.
 :mad:

On the bright side I'm not spending $80 a week to go to work.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1938 on: March 17, 2021, 06:56:05 AM »
About a week ago, prices in this area of IL-ANNOY just east of St. Louis rose almost $0.40/gal to $2.999.  :O
Two days afterwards, there was a news story that we might see prices at $3/gal by April.
  ;/

That was because the more expensive winter blend was replaced with the more expensive summer blend...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1939 on: March 17, 2021, 08:27:44 AM »
We just broke $3 here. I wouldn't be surprised if we're back on our way to 2014 prices.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1940 on: March 17, 2021, 09:05:30 AM »
$ 2.91/gallon yesterday at the Marysville Costco, 45 miles north of Seattle.  According to my Fuelly app, it has gone up ten cents since the last time I filled up the Tacoma two weeks ago.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1941 on: March 17, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »
We just broke $3 here. I wouldn't be surprised if we're back on our way to 2014 prices.

As I keep saying, our sin as a nation was proving Our Glorious Leader Jesus Bama wrong when we did drill our way to lower prices...

And Biden and the Democrats are bound and determined to punish us for our blasphemy.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1942 on: March 17, 2021, 09:29:41 AM »
The Green Energy Movement that the Democrats represent is like what the progressive liberals always do;  they destroy what they don't like before having any alternative that works, or makes sense, or is consumer friendly or actually has harmful consequences.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1943 on: March 17, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »
Didn't you know that paying triple for your green produced electric, along with the inevitable power outages that will result due to lack of backup reserve generation, are fundamental human rights?

I mean, what are you? Some kind of... conservative?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1944 on: March 17, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
The Green Energy Movement that the Democrats represent is like what the progressive liberals always do;  they destroy what they don't like before having any alternative that works, or makes sense, or is consumer friendly or actually has harmful consequences.

Destroy or simply make the most efficient fuel too expensive. At $6/gal gasoline, it's easier to push the more expensive, even when gov subsidized, alternatives. The new admin wants to push electric out well ahead of what is operationally sensible. To do that, you have to kill the more convenient energy sources and take away choices.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1945 on: March 17, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
Wonder what size diesel generator I will need to tow around to charge my new green ride?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1946 on: March 17, 2021, 07:33:42 PM »
The cheap stuff went up $0.10 overnight.  It's now up to $2.58.

Not that long ago it was <$1.98.

Bastards.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1947 on: March 17, 2021, 07:37:01 PM »
More than 2 days ago, less than 2 days from now!

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1948 on: March 18, 2021, 09:52:21 AM »
$2.74 yesterday ~$1 more than  it was when the Covid Slayer first walked back into the WH
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1949 on: March 18, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »
Up to $2.799 here -- it seems to have gone up about 10 cents per week since Biden took office. Since COVID-19 and self-isolation, I don't drive much any more. I filled up my Cherokee yesterday for the first time in several weeks. Sticker shock! The fill-up cost me $46. I haven't spent more than $30 for a fill-up since Trump took office.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design