Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]

Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 240056 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #1975 on: March 29, 2021, 03:47:04 PM »

Still below $3 a gallon at my location stations, but not by much.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1976 on: May 08, 2021, 12:05:42 PM »

Colonial Pipeline company was hit with a cyberattack.  No prediction yet as to impact on gas prices on the East Coast.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/colonial-pipeline-cyberattack-closure

“Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out.” - G.K. Chesterton

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

How many Democrats does it take to fix a problem?  No one knows because it's never happened.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1977 on: May 08, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »

I had an appointment at the VA hospital on Tuesday. Price for regular when I drove by one of the stations I use as a reference was $2.959. I had another appointment on Thursday. Price at the same station was $2.999.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1978 on: May 08, 2021, 02:57:36 PM »

Prices have pretty much not budged here in Northern Virginia for the past month and a half. The station nearest my house is at $2.859, the Shell down the street is at $2.939, but I buy from there because I have rewards points on my grocery card. Filled up last week for 80 cents off a gallon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1979 on: May 08, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

Even with the high taxes here in Michigan we hovered around $2.20's-$2.30's with a bump up and then down again.  We've been celebrating Creepy Joe's first hundred days by having it creep up...$2.90 today.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #1980 on: May 08, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »

$3.29 in town, $3.19 at the Costco. Usually there is a bigger difference between Costco and my town station. Usually closer to $0.20.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1981 on: May 08, 2021, 04:53:06 PM »

Seeing a bump of about 15 cents to $2.64 in the last week or so.
“Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out.” - G.K. Chesterton

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

How many Democrats does it take to fix a problem?  No one knows because it's never happened.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1982 on: May 08, 2021, 07:47:19 PM »

The local Murphy went up $0.20/g over the last week, $2.48 to $2.68.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1983 on: May 09, 2021, 01:02:49 AM »

$2.68 in the Tulsa area.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • I am not a cat
« Reply #1984 on: Today at 08:38:35 AM »

Expect prices to spike

One of the nation’s largest pipelines, which carries refined gasoline and jet fuel from Texas up the East Coast to New York, was forced to shut down after being hit by ransomware in a vivid demonstration of the vulnerability of energy infrastructure to cyberattacks.

The operator of the system, Colonial Pipeline, said in a vaguely worded statement late Friday that it had shut down its 5,500 miles of pipeline, which it says carries 45 percent of the East Coast’s fuel supplies, in an effort to contain the breach. Earlier Friday, there were disruptions along the pipeline, but it was not clear at the time whether that was a direct result of the attack or of the company’s moves to proactively halt it.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/05/10/why-gas-prices-could-spike-big-league-soonand-will-bidens-crew-address-it-today-n2589189
Never Underestimate The Power Of The Stupid Side
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]