Author Topic: So what's everone paying for gasoline?  (Read 387248 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: So what's everone paying for gasoline?
« Reply #2075 on: May 30, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
$2.68 around Tulsa.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2076 on: May 31, 2021, 10:50:07 PM »
Just drove rt from Dallas to Gilbert AZ, I20 to I10.  Prices ranged from $2.70 to $3.40.  There was one station I paid $3.55, but it was out in the middle of nowhere so it being a bit higher was expected.  AZ had the highest prices overall, very few stations there were less than $3.00, I found a couple at ~$2.97.  TX & NM both have about the same pricing, in the $2.90 range.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2077 on: May 31, 2021, 11:11:07 PM »
Ahead of this holiday weekend, prices spiked from as low as $2.899 to as much as $3.299.
Some stations have already dropped today to as low as $3.159, now that everybody that was driving for this weekend had gotten suckered and shafted.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2078 on: July 07, 2021, 05:51:26 PM »
It's $3.65 in town right now. All these jackass Californians moving here are bringing their gas prices with them. Also, thanks 46, who just announced he wants to raise taxes on fossil fuel companies by $90 billion. That should be a big additional help after returning us to oil beggar status from oil producer status.

Also, what the hell, BP? I bought your stock so that when oil starts going through the roof I can use the profit to cover my increased fuel costs. You're not supposed to go down while oil is going up.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2079 on: July 07, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
I didn't look at the price Saturday but $75.00 sure hurt to fill the truck up.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2080 on: July 07, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »
I sold my car and started driving my truck full time last month.

If I let it get under a quarter of a tank, it won't fill before the pump shuts off for max dollar/purchase.  Nothing like having to swipe the card twice to fill up.

Around here we're seeing $2.89-$3.09/gal on average

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2081 on: July 07, 2021, 07:48:40 PM »
Yesterday Murphy's was $2.69.  I do hope it doesn't go up overnight - tomorrow's the day I fill the 6 x 5gal cans & the truck's at 1/4 tank.  Definitely gonna be a double-swipe at the pump.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2082 on: July 07, 2021, 11:09:58 PM »
We're $3.15.  A year ago it was a buck cheaper.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 07, 2021, 11:14:28 PM »
$2.789 here
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2084 on: July 08, 2021, 12:35:50 AM »
Now at $3.60'ish in the middle of the left coast.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2085 on: July 08, 2021, 06:35:40 AM »
Wide range here. Two days ago I paid $2.879 for regular at BJ's discout club. Prices at non-discount stations along my route ranged from $3.209 to $3.299.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2086 on: July 08, 2021, 06:40:11 AM »
I paid $2.859 a gallon near where Castle Key lives in Virginia. Back home, it's looking to be about $3.099 a gallon.

Yep, a buck more expensive than it was a year ago.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2087 on: July 08, 2021, 07:51:20 AM »
If I let it get under a quarter of a tank, it won't fill before the pump shuts off for max dollar/purchase.  Nothing like having to swipe the card twice to fill up.

That's actually a pretty good indicator on gas prices. I think the last time that happened to me was around 2012 in CA, when gas prices were $4+. I recall a lot of gas stations having to up their cutoff limits because of complaints not just from people driving trucks with big tanks, but complaints from car drivers as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2088 on: July 08, 2021, 06:24:39 PM »
Well, they raised the price at Murphy's.  Went from $2.69 to $2.74.  53.8 gals total.

Maybe that'll last to the end of summer, doubt it though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2089 on: July 09, 2021, 06:45:19 AM »
Oddly enough, the price at the Citgo near my house dropped to $2.999 yesterday.

I just looked at my grocery store rewards points, and I'll be getting about $1 a gallon discount on my next fill up.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2090 on: July 09, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
$2.89 just North of Tulsa this morning. Filled up a few days ago for $2.71.
Thanks Joe!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2091 on: July 09, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »
$ 3.39/gallon unleaded this morning at the Marysville Costco, 40 miles north of Seattle.  Costco is running $ 0.25 - .35 cents less per gallon than the surrounding gas stations.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2092 on: July 15, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »
Gas price was $2.80 per gallon at Bucees this afternoon for regular.  I haven't seen it that high here in some time.  Been higher that last few times I filled up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2093 on: July 15, 2021, 05:03:12 PM »
$3.69 in town, $3.59 at the Costco. Usually the delta at Costco is what Millcreek posted. Don't know what's going on there.

$3.75 for diesel. Don't know what the offroad is. That's what I usually get, but I was totally out and didn't want to waste the 1.5 hour round trip to the closest place that sells it, which I usually hit when I'm combining errands out thataway.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2094 on: July 15, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Stations on the I-5 corridor are knocking on $4's door.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2095 on: July 15, 2021, 07:04:49 PM »
$ 3.45/gallon this morning at the Marysville Costco 45 miles north of Seattle.  I just bought a used mint condition 2011 Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter to go puttering around the local back roads.  It is recommended to use premium, and I like to use Chevron gas with Techron in the motorcycles.  The closest Chevron to me is charging $ 4.50/gallon for premium unleaded.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 02:22:01 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2096 on: July 15, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »
Off-road is hard to find here in the middle of farm country. Not sure what that is about.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2097 on: July 15, 2021, 09:58:01 PM »
$3.00 is hitting here. I don’t even know why the *expletive deleted*ck I get up and go to work in the morning with the cost of everything shooting up and these non working mother *expletive deleted*ers in this state living the good life on my back.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2098 on: July 15, 2021, 10:34:11 PM »
In southwestern IL-ANNOY (just east of St. Louis), prices jumped yesterday from about $3.059 for the lowest prices to some stations charging $3.399/gal.

I just checked "stlouisgasprices.com/" and the lowest is now $3.199 with most $3.299-3.399.

And we just had a new gas tax added on as of 7/1/21 due to an "automatic annual increase" Gov. "Jabba" snuck into the budget in 2019.  It doubled the gas tax last year and now, the legislators don't have to vote on a tax increase and explain it to voters.
  [barf]  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2099 on: July 16, 2021, 07:25:39 AM »
The Citgo near my house is, oddly enough, still $2.999 a gallon.

The Sunoco around the corner is $3.069, and the Shell across the street is $3.149 a gallon.

But, I get reward points from my local grocery store that convert into gas savings... My next fill up, later this afternoon or tomorrow morning, will be at the Shell... I'll be getting 80 cents a gallon off, for $2.349 a gallon.

Haven't paid that little for gasoline since last year some time.